Careers

[Merged] Ask Me About Working For Canada Post

Nov 7, 2017
3 posts
Yeah we did apartments and the rest was door to door.

When can I expect to get calls? There are apparently about 50 people on the list and I'm very close to the bottom.
Apr 7, 2013
245 posts
79 upvotes
LONDON
SAP works on Firefox again!Smiling Face With Open Mouthu can see your work schedule again.
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
10423 posts
2110 upvotes
GTA
stalbert1 wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 7:53 pm
SAP works on Firefox again!Smiling Face With Open Mouthu can see your work schedule again.
I could see it on IE but thanks.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
10423 posts
2110 upvotes
GTA
Eh2794 wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 7:26 pm
Yeah we did apartments and the rest was door to door.

When can I expect to get calls? There are apparently about 50 people on the list and I'm very close to the bottom.
No way of telling but this is busy season, your best shot.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Nov 7, 2017
8 posts
1 upvote
I got a job offer as a temporary seasonal on call Postal Clek at the Pacific Processing plant. I accepted the offer

It was a intersting process since I never got a face to face interview. I went straight for the security screening

I don't know what the training will be like? It will be 8 hrs long. What would you be doing for the training?

In terms of on call shift, do they call you? email? or text? to your cell phone or home number?
Jul 8, 2017
30 posts
34 upvotes
tarjet wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 5:34 pm
If at any point you move to an RLC position your raise date moves to whenever you moved to RLC as it's a "promotion". If you're an RLC from your first assignment it would make no difference.
So say you get perm Jan 1st, and own a route Feb 1st.

On May 1st you become RLC, and August 1st you own a route again, but Sept 1st you decide you wanna become RLC again.

Will your pay raise be on May 1st the next year or Sept 1st?
Apr 30, 2015
629 posts
410 upvotes
York, ON
I really don't know it's a good question. The whole thing is confusing as ****.
Sep 11, 2017
5 posts
hi there, to those of you who just got hired, how soon do you get your first assignment? i've finished majority of my training as of last thursday, the only training i'm missing is my step van training which is scheduled for tomorrow morning.. I was told by my RO i could be getting a call from eclipse tonight but nothing yet as of 730pm :(
Oct 16, 2014
992 posts
615 upvotes
igloo, yukon
Some here is some fantastic news! Big rate increases coming for all of those mounds of Chinese packets. Good for Canadian retailers and for CP income. You know there is a problem with they are sending 20 cent beads over here as a registered item....

https://beta.theglobeandmail.com/report ... ndmail.com&
Sometimes the truth hurts. The other times it hurts worse....
May 21, 2013
689 posts
247 upvotes
Montreal
I can't stand still tracking chinese registered crap meanwhile the tracking info doesn't even work.
Nov 1, 2017
4 posts
CanadaProud wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 11:41 am
I just did mine recently and even the slowest in class got fast enough and we had 2-3 left handed people. I would suggest going to Staples and buy an item called "Sortkwik" it is like a wax for your finger tips it shaved off 2 minutes of my sort the first time I tried it...also note the stuff will help while collating flyers once you are in depot....but yes keep up practicing trust your memory and only check address once as that is what likely slows you down the most....if a section of your case slows you down drop the letters on the stand for that section and finish at the end..(for example we had a section on the left of case that drove people crazy) just drop those letters until the end....but no worries they are not trying to fail you they are paying a lot of money for your training.
Thanks for the advise I'll give it a go.
Cheers
Nov 8, 2017
1 posts
How is the assessment test look like and what is the degree of difficulty. Thanks.
Jun 20, 2016
34 posts
6 upvotes
My depot doesn't use Eclipse and the supervisor tells me the days I work in advance or she calls me the day of. I was so happy to hear that there is no automatic system calling for shifts. I have a set route coming up which I'll have from mid December until March then we'll see what happens then. If there is no work then they pay me to help in the depo before the morning sort and until the carriers leave.

I guess it varies from depot to depot..
Oct 16, 2014
992 posts
615 upvotes
igloo, yukon
Well, those who voted have given the union the mandate to negotiate for their program of demands, so let the disaster begin. I am just going to bend over right now, in preparation for getting......hosed?
http://www.cupw.ca/en/votes-demands-0
Sometimes the truth hurts. The other times it hurts worse....
Feb 24, 2015
16 posts
3 upvotes
Courtice, ON
For on call relief rsmc employees, do you find you sit home more often than you are working? I realize it can fluctuate, just looking to hear others experiences. Regarding pay, are you averaging a bi weekly pay and is it decent, again realize it can fluctuate. Thanks!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)