[Merged] Ask Me About Working For Canada Post

Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
10424 posts
2111 upvotes
GTA
timetotellthetruth wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 5:08 pm
Well, those who voted have given the union the mandate to negotiate for their program of demands, so let the disaster begin. I am just going to bend over right now, in preparation for getting......hosed?
http://www.cupw.ca/en/votes-demands-0
If the union didn't negotiate, who would?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Oct 16, 2014
992 posts
615 upvotes
igloo, yukon
Hugh Jass wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 5:50 pm
If the union didn't negotiate, who would?
A different union. Like the old letter carriers union! Not the current rsmc union that we are with currently...
Sometimes the truth hurts. The other times it hurts worse....
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
10424 posts
2111 upvotes
GTA
Nov 9th, 2017 6:38 pm
A different union. Like the old letter carriers union! Not the current rsmc union that we are with currently...
Dream on

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Deal Addict
May 5, 2008
4119 posts
1017 upvotes
Winnipeg
Nov 9th, 2017 5:08 pm
Well, those who voted have given the union the mandate to negotiate for their program of demands, so let the disaster begin. I am just going to bend over right now, in preparation for getting......hosed?
http://www.cupw.ca/en/votes-demands-0
Maybe the company will offer a fair offer..lol
But would it matter...the union can get better just like the past 2 contracts...LOL
Oct 16, 2014
992 posts
615 upvotes
igloo, yukon
airmail wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 8:18 pm
Maybe the company will offer a fair offer..lol
But would it matter...the union can get better just like the past 2 contracts...LOL
Well, to be fair, the second last contract was unwinnable as it was rammed down our throats by anti union Harper. The company tried the same BS in the last contract, but seemed to forget that their golden ticket was punted out of office. Despite many threats, they started to realize that Trudeau was not going to bail them out, and they actually had to start negotiating with some kind of good faith. It is possible that they won't be quite as aggressive this time round, but I don't really have my hopes up. Hey, maybe the union will actually realize that letter carriers exist this time, but I don't have my hopes up for that either.... It is going to be another long year.....sigh. And after that short 2 year deal, we will once again have to deal with the public thinking we are always on strike (which we know is a complete falsehood....)....
Oct 16, 2014
992 posts
615 upvotes
igloo, yukon
Hugh Jass wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 7:10 pm
Dream on
lol, yes, hopes and dreams, that's all we got. Well, that and catalogues disguised as flyers....
Aug 12, 2017
58 posts
16 upvotes
Uniondude wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 12:10 pm
Are you familiar with the duties of an LCA? I’m an LCA, so I’d be interested to know what we do from your perspective.
I thought most LCA were basically letter carriers working as floaters..taking out parcels for signatures doing RPO runs and such...(I am very green so could be wrong) perhaps he is confusing clerks and LCA?
May 2, 2012
579 posts
206 upvotes
STONEY CREEK
CanadaProud wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 4:40 pm
I thought most LCA were basically letter carriers working as floaters..taking out parcels for signatures doing RPO runs and such...(I am very green so could be wrong) perhaps he is confusing clerks and LCA?
LCAs dispatch parcels, A/Os, householders, prepare outgoing mail and parcels. They can also deliver if needed as an extension or overtime because they are group 2 employees.

It can be a tough job in its own right, but after being an LCA, P04 and LC, I enjoy LC the most.
Nov 9, 2017
1 posts
hi bleys007. i missed a call to come for a chritmas assignment at canada post. please when do you think i can receive call for similar assignments? this is one month after my training with no call from ecclipse.
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
10424 posts
2111 upvotes
GTA
LCAs in our depot basically put the mail on the end-of-aisle carts and count flyers. I've filled in for them on lots of occasions and it's very easy. Only things I don't like about it is the fact that it's indoors ( I've spent my whole working life outdoors) and you have to do a full 8hrs.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
May 2, 2012
579 posts
206 upvotes
STONEY CREEK
Hugh Jass wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 7:36 pm
LCAs in our depot basically put the mail on the end-of-aisle carts and count flyers. I've filled in for them on lots of occasions and it's very easy. Only things I don't like about it is the fact that it's indoors ( I've spent my whole working life outdoors) and you have to do a full 8hrs.
Who does parcels and householders?
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
10424 posts
2111 upvotes
GTA
pike18 wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 8:40 pm
Who does parcels and householders?
I mentioned flyers. Parcels are done by clerks.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Sep 27, 2015
54 posts
8 upvotes
GTA
adesam2003 wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 7:32 pm
hi bleys007. i missed a call to come for a chritmas assignment at canada post. please when do you think i can receive call for similar assignments? this is one month after my training with no call from ecclipse.
I think very soon you will receive their call again, December is the time they need people most.
Sep 27, 2015
54 posts
8 upvotes
GTA
Hugh Jass wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 9:27 pm
I mentioned flyers. Parcels are done by clerks.
I think it depends on the time of your shift too, some LCA do help out sorting parcels to the walks in the morning.

Thread Information

There are currently 4 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 2 guests)

Pjtipps, dataRFD