Careers

[Merged] Ask Me About Working For Canada Post

Deal Addict
May 22, 2015
3307 posts
3849 upvotes
airmail wrote: Monday is early start.. parcels first and no manual mail
Sounds nice, not the case for us AFAIK. PT station?
Jul 6, 2017
653 posts
699 upvotes
Trying to get outsid…
Yes. Luckily I ran into my Wave 1 case partner this morning and let him know he could start early. He didn't get the memo!
Deal Fanatic
May 5, 2008
6317 posts
3093 upvotes
Manitoba
VanMailMan wrote: Yes. Luckily I ran into my Wave 1 case partner this morning and let him know he could start early. He didn't get the memo!
You won't need a case...just sequence
May 2, 2012
960 posts
515 upvotes
STONEY CREEK
We’ve had early/flexible start times since the back to work legislation. With the amount of lettermail volume we’ve had and 100% coverage virtually everyday, many routes weren’t getting finished. We weren’t given, “permission” to do this, but if a 15:08 got denied for an early start, then we would just bring it back.
Deal Addict
May 22, 2015
3307 posts
3849 upvotes
Another waste of a day in Vancouver. Not even enough a/o's to make delivery worthwhile on several routes.
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2013
1118 posts
735 upvotes
LONDON
mikebc wrote: Another waste of a day in Vancouver. Not even enough a/o's to make delivery worthwhile on several routes.
Cupw got rid of the "overburdening" by getting rid of customers. Didn't even need full staffing out here today. At least tomorrow should be easy so we can enjoy Christmas.

How many thousands did cupw cost you this year! I estimate at least $3000, with lost flyer money, 4 days rotating strikes days and overtime lost due to declining business.
Oct 19, 2017
72 posts
65 upvotes
airmail wrote: You won't need a case...just sequence
I put up my sequenced...deliver my business different than what's on the header
Dec 19, 2018
23 posts
6 upvotes
ocallaghand wrote: Welcome aboard!

I started training at the beginning of November and have been working FT hours, plus overtime out the wazoo since then. All the veterans keep saying that if I can get through this period, then the rest should be a breeze. I leave the house at 9am and get back at 9pm, almost every day. I did have a light day yesterday but that's because they took a section and some parcels off of me and gave them to another term. I finished early but called that term and went out to help him out. We all want to get home and I knew the route better than him.

I've been lucky to lock into a route due to someone going down sick, but when he gets back over the next week or two, I will be back to being bounced around....and I'm okay with that.
Thanks so much!

I was reading some of your post earlier- gave me a nice realistic insight as to the job. I recall you saying you’re in Hamilton, I live around there so I am hoping after probation to transfer out that way.
Jul 2, 2018
240 posts
123 upvotes
Hey posties, here's hoping your Dec 24 shift goes as quickly as possible! Sincere thanks for all your hard work, and have a merry Christmas! Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Dec 13, 2016
809 posts
430 upvotes
mikebc wrote: Another waste of a day in Vancouver. Not even enough a/o's to make delivery worthwhile on several routes.
At least in my depot they weren’t putting out A/Os. Which is why I have a ton today.
Deal Addict
May 22, 2015
3307 posts
3849 upvotes
It feels like the plant held back yesterday, I have a shitload of everything.
Sep 20, 2018
135 posts
117 upvotes
mikebc wrote: It feels like the plant held back yesterday, I have a shitload of everything.
We had a load of letter mail but hardly any parcels yesterday or today!

Costco magazines again for the 27th Pouting Face
Sep 27, 2015
96 posts
18 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I had lots of lettermail today, but no NMs and parcel volume were below average.

Wish everyone a Merry Christmas!!
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2014
3206 posts
2498 upvotes
at the chiropractors
mikebc wrote: It feels like the plant held back yesterday, I have a shitload of everything.
Yeah, I got more mail today than I have in all of December. Nice to dump it all on us for Christmas eve !!! At least it didn't all "have to" go. Priority to scannables and Christmas cards, Santa letters etc. Thursday is going to be brutal, but worth to get done earlier today.... Merry Christmas everybody!!!!!
Sometimes the truth hurts. The other times it hurts worse....
Nov 10, 2018
7 posts
4 upvotes
It was fine all December and then I get screwed over on Christmas eve lol. Route I've never done before tons of parcels, tons of clearances and a big juicy flyer cut.

Most of it had to be done in like 3.5 hours by the time I was tied out and on the road.. Forget the mail even all that alone was impossible.
Jul 6, 2017
653 posts
699 upvotes
Trying to get outsid…
Well, we got shafted today. I'm talking Jelly of the Month Club shafted!
Extra sequence, loads of XX and pretty heavy parcels. Definitely a heavier day than a regular Monday.
What really burns though is that after telling us to come in an hour early there was no mail ready. So Wave 1 had to stand around and then of course Wave 2 had to wait for them. Then as most of us were tying out the supervisors came around to tell us we can leave the regular mail and just do parcels, Xmas cards etc...after we've sorted everything in!
The icing on the cake...on Friday we were promised some kind of "prize" for showing up today. The prize? "You get paid," said one supervisor.
...Not even some lousy Tim's coffee and donuts.
Deal Addict
May 22, 2015
3307 posts
3849 upvotes
Lots of call ins today. Routes didn't go out, they were begging people to do OT so I rushed back then they want to close at 4... how could I go back out?

I know they can't punish people for calling in "sick" but its a dick move. Lots of cards and last minute parcels just sitting there.
Deal Expert
Nov 19, 2005
16186 posts
790 upvotes
RedFlagDeals!
Merry Christmas all! Saw this calendar posted forgot to ask about it:

^ I don't recall any dogs, thank you tables or special dock loading/unloading? Any of you see or know what those are about?

Also I don't think we got the christmas mailer this year of useless coupons for us, instead we got a mug this year? I got mine today, it has lindt chocolates and a tim hortons gift card not too bad

edit: My co-worker just texted me saying he saw my post here and told me not everyone got the mug and goodie bag but a co-worker told me today in station that everyone got one. Now I am reading here in this thread that no 1 got anything! Confused...if it helps I was away a few days last week just came back this week today
Money, Religion, Sex and Politics is what it is all about!
99% Tryhard I've got hardwood flooring downstairs...if you know what I am talking about
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2013
1118 posts
735 upvotes
LONDON
mikebc wrote: Lots of call ins today. Routes didn't go out, they were begging people to do OT so I rushed back then they want to close at 4... how could I go back out?

I know they can't punish people for calling in "sick" but its a dick move. Lots of cards and last minute parcels just sitting there.
What amazes me is the amount of people booking off without any personal days remaining.
We have way to many unreliable employees, and these are the senior entitled ones.
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2013
1118 posts
735 upvotes
LONDON
33966 wrote: Merry Christmas all! Saw this calendar posted forgot to ask about it:

^ I don't recall any dogs, thank you tables or special dock loading/unloading? Any of you see or know what those are about?

Also I don't think we got the christmas mailer this year of useless coupons for us, instead we got a mug this year? I got mine today, it has lindt chocolates and a tim hortons gift card not too bad

edit: My co-worker just texted me saying he saw my post here and told me not everyone got the mug and goodie bag but a co-worker told me today in station that everyone got one. Now I am reading here in this thread that no 1 got anything! Confused...if it helps I was away a few days last week just came back this week today
What mug? We just got Costco catalogs to deliver.