Careers

[Merged] Ask Me About Working For Canada Post

Jun 20, 2016
34 posts
6 upvotes
tarjet wrote:
Nov 12th, 2017 3:28 pm
First pay is at least 3 weeks behind. You'll probably get a payment notification tonight for deposit on thursday. If not it might be the next cycle.
I got my first week of pay on this week's payday so something is wrong there.
Sep 6, 2015
56 posts
5 upvotes
York, ON
l1nx2112 wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 10:49 am
I got my first week of pay on this week's payday so something is wrong there.
Your pay this week includes everything from Oct 23 - Nov 5th.
Jun 20, 2016
34 posts
6 upvotes
If your putting in a transfer form, can you put in FT only or should you put in FT as first choice then PT. I'm putting in my transfer to Barrie and I wasn't sure what I should put first or does it matter.. I heard it's easier getting perm in that depot so any suggestions on what order you did would be awesome.
Jan 5, 2014
162 posts
160 upvotes
Addresses are hard..…
l1nx2112 wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 11:44 am
If your putting in a transfer form, can you put in FT only or should you put in FT as first choice then PT. I'm putting in my transfer to Barrie and I wasn't sure what I should put first or does it matter.. I heard it's easier getting perm in that depot so any suggestions on what order you did would be awesome.
Canada Post hires from the part-time list first to full-time status and then they replenish the part-time list.
If there's nobody on the part-time list you would get hired directly to full-time from a term spot. My advice is to put part-time first just to get your benefits and everything and then have full-time as your second choice. Many people get hired part-time and within a week or two they get hired to full-time. As a part-time you can top up your route to 8 hours every day until FT status.
Jan 24, 2016
4 posts
Vancouver, BC
Slotstuffer wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 12:33 pm
Canada Post hires from the part-time list first to full-time status and then they replenish the part-time list.
If there's nobody on the part-time list you would get hired directly to full-time from a term spot. My advice is to put part-time first just to get your benefits and everything and then have full-time as your second choice. Many people get hired part-time and within a week or two they get hired to full-time. As a part-time you can top up your route to 8 hours every day until FT status.
When you apply for PT/FT, do you choose the depot you wish to work at, or do you end up going wherever the first open route pops up?
Apr 30, 2015
631 posts
413 upvotes
York, ON
You'll get sent anywhere they want within the post office installation, ie if you're in vancouver anywhere in the vancouver metro area. Then you have to bid on routes and you're unassigned until you win a bid.
Aug 12, 2017
58 posts
16 upvotes
they have a form you fill out and I think LC temp qualify for 4 positions..FT/PT-LC and FT-PT PO4...so you can basically bid for 4 positions it is a transfer form so would be same form you would use to transfer to another city/depot the Super needs to sign it then they ship it off and you will get a copy sent back to you in the mail....at least that is what I had to do..not sure how far I am from a Perm spot my depot seems to be 1-2 years....of course I am hoping there are more FT/pt positions after contract but not getting my hopes up...I would be happy with a few guaranteed hours.
Nov 7, 2017
8 posts
1 upvote
leyland1989 wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 3:01 am
From what I know, the text is basically telling you that you have an offer pending, ask you to call their eclipse number...

If you miss the call or you choose to be notified by text, you need to call the number and enter the employee number to accept/decline the offer within ~10-15 mins, or else it would considered a refusal.

I'm not sure how seasonal worker works, but I have a fixed schedule (Shift 1 00:00/02:00-06:00), eclipse would start calling at 12:00 noon during the day going by seniority, if I don't get a call by 12:30, I probably won't get called for the rest of the day.
Seasonal may have a more flexible schedule, I'm not too sure, ask your recruiter and read over your letter of offer again, if you questioned hasn't been answered on your training.
well I don't have a fixed schedule but I on the day shift that is between 10-3. I assume the shift is only 3 to 4 hrs long..
Jun 11, 2012
100 posts
14 upvotes
Montreal
Shafted1 wrote:
Nov 12th, 2017 10:06 pm
Can you even get forklift training, if your not a PO5?
Yes, almost everyone who wants it on the evening shift at the plant has got it. I'm talking terms who have been working only 6 months too and have got the training!
Sep 27, 2015
54 posts
8 upvotes
GTA
Helidaz wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 2:39 pm
When you apply for PT/FT, do you choose the depot you wish to work at, or do you end up going wherever the first open route pops up?
If you apply permanent from temporary, you don't get to choose the depot you wish. You can only bid monthly for the depot you wish to work after you become permanent.
Oct 19, 2017
7 posts
16 upvotes
l1nx2112 wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 11:44 am
If your end goal is to get FT: always fill FT as your top choice, then PT. Because if you get PT (i.e. your second choice) then your top choice of FT is still pending & valid in the system. Otherwise, you have to fill out & mail another request form.
Dec 13, 2016
100 posts
7 upvotes
Koolob1 wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 7:37 pm
If your end goal is to get FT: always fill FT as your top choice, then PT. Because if you get PT (i.e. your second choice) then your top choice of FT is still pending & valid in the system. Otherwise, you have to fill out & mail another request form.
Do you have to mail them? I gave mine to my staffing supervisor but I don't entirely trust him to get it processed. Anyway to check this?
Deal Addict
May 8, 2007
1030 posts
251 upvotes
Westside
jmomccxx wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 9:49 pm
Do you have to mail them? I gave mine to my staffing supervisor but I don't entirely trust him to get it processed. Anyway to check this?
They get faxed at the depot then mailed. You'll get your copy after it's processed. Hense why there are 3 carbon copy pages. Usually takes a week after they receive your request.

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 1 guest)

Pjtipps, dataRFD