Careers

[Merged] Ask Me About Working For Canada Post

Apr 7, 2013
250 posts
79 upvotes
LONDON
ksimms3 wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2017 9:56 am
Thanks garbage ass union, last negos they said we didnt win anything but we didn't lose anything.

Wrong, all letter carriers are going to lose thousands on this bullshit change.
CUPW = garbage! Does this mean the first cheque in January is just 80 hours? No OT or Flyers on it?
Oct 4, 2017
13 posts
1 upvote
tarjet wrote:
Dec 1st, 2017 10:35 pm
14.06 Rest and Meal Periods - Part-time Employees in Group 1
(a) Part-time employees working for a continuous period of five (5) hours or less shall be entitled
to a paid rest period of fifteen (15) minutes taken during regular working hours and as close as possible to mid-shift.

14.07 Rest and Meal Periods - Part-time Employees in Group 2
(b) When a part-time employee is scheduled to work for more than two (2) consecutive hours, he or she shall be entitled to a ten (10) minute
rest period.
Thanks.
Aug 12, 2017
74 posts
17 upvotes
honestly if they want to make a change for the better make advertiser buy for Houses and apartments....nothing like having to make 3 different sets of flyers for houses, apartments and houses and businesses...hell last week I had Houses only/ Businesses only/ apartments only...Houses/apartments...houses/apartments/businesses....and houses/businesses.....that crap is rediculous
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
10487 posts
2131 upvotes
GTA
CanadaProud wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2017 7:41 pm
honestly if they want to make a change for the better make advertiser buy for Houses and apartments....nothing like having to make 3 different sets of flyers for houses, apartments and houses and businesses...hell last week I had Houses only/ Businesses only/ apartments only...Houses/apartments...houses/apartments/businesses....and houses/businesses.....that crap is rediculous
Not gonna happen.

Take this week for example, I had a business flyer that was from a payroll company, that's hardly relevant to houses/apts, to say nothing about the ones geared toward homeowners.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
May 2, 2012
588 posts
209 upvotes
STONEY CREEK
airmail wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2017 2:33 pm
Right now I make approx 6 to 8k on flyers and do it in 8 hours..oh but now I get extra time but less money
Lol
Inside workers keep there shift premiums.
And ups and purolator drivers will be making around 33 an hour by 2020
If you’re making 8k on flyers, you would need roughly 70 hours of OT as a result of flyers for that to break even on its own. That’s assuming you never went into OT as a result of flyers which was unpaid previously. That on its own seems unreasonable.

One thing which I think will really help our cause is the fact that since CPC now recognizes time values for flyers, they should be measuring routes at a MINIMUM of 33% coverage. Realistically it should be a minimum of more like 50%. This will significantly shorten routes assuming we hold them to this measurement. I believe that’s where the true gain will be.

I’m not sure where the 6 minute calculation is coming from, but time values for flyers is a good thing in my eyes even if it results in a marginal reduction in, “bonus” pay.
Deal Addict
May 5, 2008
4145 posts
1022 upvotes
Winnipeg
http://www.cupw.ca/en/unaddressed-admai ... your-route
The current time allowance triggers after 3 complete sets per week. Under the new proposal the time allowance will trigger after 1.5 complete sets per week. A complete set is calculated by taking your total number of pieces of unaddressed admail delivered in a week and dividing it by the number of points of call on your route that receive admail.
Jul 7, 2014
186 posts
102 upvotes
Burlington, ON
Wish I was making $26+ an hour like the employee pay stub example.
More prep time is always great however that 6 extra minutes doesn't compare to the loss of wage when you are only making $19 and change per hour, even though you have worked at CP for 4 years.
Both sides are corrupt.
In a few years there will be no ad mail pay, only time value and we will be doing 100% daily to all 1500 poc.
Once CUPW gives a little it seems to have a snowball effect.

That 6 minutes will put my route over 25 extra mins per day. I will now have to complete 505 minutes of work in 480 minutes. Sillyness . CUPW needs to make some serious changes to the bargaing committee.

See you on the picket line
Last edited by Pjtipps on Dec 2nd, 2017 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 16, 2017
160 posts
33 upvotes
Toronto
For that unaddressed admail stuff, I had to laugh when it says 'The increased time allowances will shorten letter carrier routes by increasing inside time and reducing the number of points of call on a route. This will protect letter carrier positions.'

Yeah right! 'protect letter carrier positions' but not our bodies!!!
And less pay??

Seriously, who really wants to deliver IKEA and Canadian Tires types of stuff next year?
C'mon, CUPW, do you actually know what it's like to deliver those?
They're so disconnected with the reality of LC work!
Mar 14, 2015
235 posts
147 upvotes
Pjtipps wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2017 11:50 pm
Wish I was making $26+ an hour like the employee pay stub example.
More prep time is always great however that 6 extra minutes doesn't compare to the loss of wage when you are only making $19 and change per hour, even though you have worked at CP for 4 years.
Both sides are corrupt.
In a few years there will be no ad mail pay, only time value and we will be doing 100% daily to all 1500 poc.
Once CUPW gives a little it seems to have a snowball effect.

That 6 minutes will put my route over 25 extra mins per day. I will now have to complete 505 minutes of work in 480 minutes. Sillyness . CUPW needs to make some serious changes to the bargaing committee.

See you on the picket line
Hell, I have to file a grievance because these idiots keep moving the goalposts about what constitutes my annual pay increase. A calendar year doesn't seem to cut it.
Aug 12, 2017
74 posts
17 upvotes
I ponder if corporate is just going to throw the old rate back during negotiations and Union will call it a win?
Jun 11, 2012
106 posts
14 upvotes
Montreal
Got another link? It won't accept my employee number
Apr 30, 2017
89 posts
53 upvotes
CanadaProud wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 1:25 pm
I ponder if corporate is just going to throw the old rate back during negotiations and Union will call it a win?
Lol ...
Deal Addict
May 8, 2007
1066 posts
264 upvotes
Westside
Comments are disabled for this video. FU corp + cupw! I'm not a LC anymore for good reason. My health and sanity are worth much more.
Jan 5, 2014
168 posts
169 upvotes
Addresses are hard..…
Just wanted to say thanks for the awesome shelves in my transit, I didn't want to put parcels in there anyway. I did enjoy the four trips back to the depot to reload parcels in it though. I wonder if there is a way to fit more parcels in your vehicle so this doesn't happen!

Not to mention the poor RPO girl was swimming in parcels at the convience store and it just looks ridiculous. Customers constantly flowing in as I am trying to drop off a full Transit of carded/flex items, but gates shut till noon on a Sunday here... Smh

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)