Careers

[Merged] Ask Me About Working For Canada Post

Sep 6, 2015
65 posts
5 upvotes
York, ON
Hugh Jass wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 3:34 pm
What do you mean by LT? Where are you btw?

I think he meant LFT, letterflattainers.
Aug 12, 2017
74 posts
17 upvotes
K24Slow wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 6:08 pm
I think he meant LFT, letterflattainers.
oops that's what I get for trying to throw around the lingo...yes LFT's...I am in a smallish city in Southern Ontario called Woodstock...we seem to be quite busy and stealing temps from a bunch of neighbouring depots..I have been averaging about 50 hours a week since my first day...they even asked me for Sunday delivery 2 weeks ago...(not this last Sunday though so enough full timers must have taken the offer)...Mondays are still crazy even with Sunday parcels..and like I said the pre-sorted mail this last Monday was insane...so you end up with parcel over-load...Pre-sort overload...throw in a couple condensed flyers and a Supervisor telling you to learn how to go faster....lol...they really throw you to the wolves...maybe hire the help in Summer..get them trained up then hit them with the Christmas hammer
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
10487 posts
2131 upvotes
GTA
CanadaProud wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 6:26 pm
oops that's what I get for trying to throw around the lingo...yes LFT's...I am in a smallish city in Southern Ontario called Woodstock...we seem to be quite busy and stealing temps from a bunch of neighbouring depots..I have been averaging about 50 hours a week since my first day...they even asked me for Sunday delivery 2 weeks ago...(not this last Sunday though so enough full timers must have taken the offer)...Mondays are still crazy even with Sunday parcels..and like I said the pre-sorted mail this last Monday was insane...so you end up with parcel over-load...Pre-sort overload...throw in a couple condensed flyers and a Supervisor telling you to learn how to go faster....lol...they really throw you to the wolves...maybe hire the help in Summer..get them trained up then hit them with the Christmas hammer
Wasn't sure if you were referring to the lettertainers ( they're an older long and shallow white tray) which were used for unsorted letters before sequencing came in. Still used sometimes these days, as they have a couple of other uses ( flyers, packets etc) or places without seq. mail.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Nov 4, 2011
17 posts
1 upvote
MARKHAM
So I think we just had a record at our depot

One route had 380ish parcels on Monday. 900POC route
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
10487 posts
2131 upvotes
GTA
babonk2 wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 6:40 pm
So I think we just had a record at our depot

One route had 380ish parcels on Monday. 900POC route
F that. Was there Sunday delivery there? Did they get help with that at all?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 7, 2014
185 posts
100 upvotes
Burlington, ON
So if you are FT LC for 3 years and change to FT PO4 do you go back down to 1st year PO4 pay rate?
bigbluesky wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 12:03 pm
Hell, I have to file a grievance because these idiots keep moving the goalposts about what constitutes my annual pay increase. A calendar year doesn't seem to cut it.
Mar 14, 2015
235 posts
147 upvotes
Pjtipps wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 8:38 pm
So if you are FT LC for 3 years and change to FT PO4 do you go back down to 1st year PO4 pay rate?
I'm not sure about changes from Group 1 to Group 2. I believe basic pay is the same, minus HH bonuses for inside workers.

The issue is that on the now 7 year climb to top rate, the Post Office will try to delay your yearly increase and explain it away with gibberish.
Nov 7, 2017
34 posts
1 upvote
After one shift for on call relief postal clerk, I have no calls for monday tuesday and now Wed.....is it likely they have too many people? or just not busy.
Apr 30, 2017
88 posts
52 upvotes
captaincanuck9 wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 1:29 am
After one shift for on call relief postal clerk, I have no calls for monday tuesday and now Wed.....is it likely they have too many people? or just not busy.
Your probably at the bottom of the list, in some places theres almost 200-300 people on the list that get called in order of seniority
Nov 7, 2017
34 posts
1 upvote
Shafted1 wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 1:06 pm
Your probably at the bottom of the list, in some places theres almost 200-300 people on the list that get called in order of seniority
well last week i got call in monday and tuesday but it was black friday weekend so thst likely the case

my guess weekend has higher chance of getting called
Jun 11, 2012
106 posts
14 upvotes
Montreal
So do on-call plant workers get uniforms after the 480 hour probation period?
Also is anyone here a MSC? How do you like it? Is there a weekend only shift for MSC?

Thanks Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Apr 30, 2017
88 posts
52 upvotes
captaincanuck9 wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 1:17 pm
well last week i got call in monday and tuesday but it was black friday weekend so thst likely the case

my guess weekend has higher chance of getting called
Casuals get called 7 days a week, until you accept 5 shifts, then eclipse won't contact you anymore. Many of them accept Monday-Friday, so they don't get called on the weekend which results in the lower seniority casuals getting called in Saturday/Sunday.

What sucks is some people only get 3-4 shifts a month during non-peak season, then the union takes its cut ~$85, which doesn't leave employees much. Should be a % of your pay check that determines how much the union deducts.
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2008
1187 posts
196 upvotes
Oshawa
Shafted1 wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 1:23 pm
Casuals get called 7 days a week, until you accept 5 shifts, then eclipse won't contact you anymore. Many of them accept Monday-Friday, so they don't get called on the weekend which results in the lower seniority casuals getting called in Saturday/Sunday.

What sucks is some people only get 3-4 shifts a month during non-peak season, then the union takes its cut ~$85, which doesn't leave employees much. Should be a % of your pay check that determines how much the union deducts.
Woah there, we don't need anyone doing actual math.

Keep your head down and do as you're told. :twisted:
Nov 7, 2017
34 posts
1 upvote
Shafted1 wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 1:23 pm

well I not getting called every day so the most I would work this week is 4 shift. I only chrismas casual so mostly likely every week is different.

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 1 guest)

Damncroissants, jonesyjones