Mar 8, 2002
10988 posts
2429 upvotes
GTA
babonk2 wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 6:40 pm
So I think we just had a record at our depot

One route had 380ish parcels on Monday. 900POC route
F that. Was there Sunday delivery there? Did they get help with that at all?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 7, 2014
278 posts
204 upvotes
Burlington, ON
So if you are FT LC for 3 years and change to FT PO4 do you go back down to 1st year PO4 pay rate?
bigbluesky wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 12:03 pm
Hell, I have to file a grievance because these idiots keep moving the goalposts about what constitutes my annual pay increase. A calendar year doesn't seem to cut it.
Mar 14, 2015
267 posts
169 upvotes
Pjtipps wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 8:38 pm
So if you are FT LC for 3 years and change to FT PO4 do you go back down to 1st year PO4 pay rate?
I'm not sure about changes from Group 1 to Group 2. I believe basic pay is the same, minus HH bonuses for inside workers.

The issue is that on the now 7 year climb to top rate, the Post Office will try to delay your yearly increase and explain it away with gibberish.
Nov 7, 2017
100 posts
7 upvotes
After one shift for on call relief postal clerk, I have no calls for monday tuesday and now Wed.....is it likely they have too many people? or just not busy.
Apr 30, 2017
110 posts
98 upvotes
captaincanuck9 wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 1:29 am
After one shift for on call relief postal clerk, I have no calls for monday tuesday and now Wed.....is it likely they have too many people? or just not busy.
Your probably at the bottom of the list, in some places theres almost 200-300 people on the list that get called in order of seniority
Nov 7, 2017
100 posts
7 upvotes
Shafted1 wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 1:06 pm
Your probably at the bottom of the list, in some places theres almost 200-300 people on the list that get called in order of seniority
well last week i got call in monday and tuesday but it was black friday weekend so thst likely the case

my guess weekend has higher chance of getting called
Jun 11, 2012
128 posts
22 upvotes
Montreal
So do on-call plant workers get uniforms after the 480 hour probation period?
Also is anyone here a MSC? How do you like it? Is there a weekend only shift for MSC?

Thanks Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Apr 30, 2017
110 posts
98 upvotes
captaincanuck9 wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 1:17 pm
well last week i got call in monday and tuesday but it was black friday weekend so thst likely the case

my guess weekend has higher chance of getting called
Casuals get called 7 days a week, until you accept 5 shifts, then eclipse won't contact you anymore. Many of them accept Monday-Friday, so they don't get called on the weekend which results in the lower seniority casuals getting called in Saturday/Sunday.

What sucks is some people only get 3-4 shifts a month during non-peak season, then the union takes its cut ~$85, which doesn't leave employees much. Should be a % of your pay check that determines how much the union deducts.
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2008
1276 posts
229 upvotes
Oshawa
Shafted1 wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 1:23 pm
Casuals get called 7 days a week, until you accept 5 shifts, then eclipse won't contact you anymore. Many of them accept Monday-Friday, so they don't get called on the weekend which results in the lower seniority casuals getting called in Saturday/Sunday.

What sucks is some people only get 3-4 shifts a month during non-peak season, then the union takes its cut ~$85, which doesn't leave employees much. Should be a % of your pay check that determines how much the union deducts.
Woah there, we don't need anyone doing actual math.

Keep your head down and do as you're told. :twisted:
Nov 7, 2017
100 posts
7 upvotes
Shafted1 wrote:

well I not getting called every day so the most I would work this week is 4 shift. I only chrismas casual so mostly likely every week is different.
Feb 4, 2016
100 posts
29 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
BritishColumbian wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 1:42 pm
Do you use EpsomGel on those hurting legs before or after a good day work?
Do Epsom stuff help a lot? My entire body is just aching these days and my will to walk during personal time has diminished significantly.
Sep 27, 2015
81 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Anyone had experiences carryover vacations to the next calendar year in CPC? Im asking because I never bid on vacations after promotion, I'm a fulltime relief LC, so I'm wondering if CPC allow employees to carryover their vacations.
May 2, 2012
725 posts
289 upvotes
STONEY CREEK
Shafted1 wrote:

CUPW President has supported the % based union dues, but there’s a process to it. Hopefully this is what happens in the future.

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (3 members and 0 guests)

Flyhigh22, explorer11, Arkv