Careers

[Merged] Ask Me About Working For Canada Post

Dec 13, 2016
750 posts
385 upvotes
I’m just looking at my latest pay stub and I realized that I’m over 480 hours. I know that this means I can get uniform pieces. How do I go about this? Is there anything else I should be doing? Do I have to wait for a letter or anything?
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
11614 posts
3003 upvotes
GTA
jmomccxx wrote:
Dec 29th, 2017 7:52 pm
I’m just looking at my latest pay stub and I realized that I’m over 480 hours. I know that this means I can get uniform pieces. How do I go about this? Is there anything else I should be doing? Do I have to wait for a letter or anything?
You will get a letter explaining the process and instructions on your measurements.

Personally I couldn't wait to get the uniform and called Logistik once I hit 480. I can't remember how it was done exactly but I got my uniform about a month anyone else in my training class :)

A bit of advice, add on half an inch to your pant leg length.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Oct 19, 2017
59 posts
40 upvotes
jmomccxx wrote:
Dec 29th, 2017 7:52 pm
Just call 1-800-265-1314 or login to Logistik's website www.logistikunicorp.com
Sep 6, 2015
85 posts
11 upvotes
York, ON
PCDawg wrote:
Dec 29th, 2017 12:09 am
Applied as temp relief lc in October in the Gta, went through training and finished end of October. Got called to come In daily for full time u til Jan 15.

Me and several others applied for ft in the west as its faster to get status there, just last week the staffing supervisor told us us we got full time and start Jan 15 in the west.

We didnt even past the 480 hours probation. Still waiting on the letter as Canada post for some reason is slacking.
That’s nice! Good luck to you in the West. I hope you’re not driving from east to west. Did they tell you where you’ll be stationed in?
Sep 18, 2017
6 posts
1 upvote
Here is an odd question for all you Canada Post workers.

Someone came by this am to give me a package and i couldnt help notice the parka he was wearing. Any idea who supplies these (deep blue i colour wiht some large pockets and a good hood on it).

Trying to find a warm outdoor parka that isnt a fashion item, but designed to work in cold weather.
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
11614 posts
3003 upvotes
GTA
kenned3 wrote:
Dec 30th, 2017 10:51 am
Here is an odd question for all you Canada Post workers.

Someone came by this am to give me a package and i couldnt help notice the parka he was wearing. Any idea who supplies these (deep blue i colour wiht some large pockets and a good hood on it).

Trying to find a warm outdoor parka that isnt a fashion item, but designed to work in cold weather.
Uniform company http://www.logistikunicorp.com/

Those parkas are extremely warm, I wear the shorter version, big one is too cumbersome.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Sep 18, 2017
6 posts
1 upvote
Thanks for your time, but that is a managed solution provider. They deal with who has what, etc.

Do you have any markings on the inside of your coat to indicate who actually made it?
Hugh Jass wrote:
Dec 30th, 2017 10:54 am
Uniform company http://www.logistikunicorp.com/

Those parkas are extremely warm, I wear the shorter version, big one is too cumbersome.
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
11614 posts
3003 upvotes
GTA
kenned3 wrote:
Dec 30th, 2017 1:59 pm
Thanks for your time, but that is a managed solution provider. They deal with who has what, etc.

Do you have any markings on the inside of your coat to indicate who actually made it?
They make it in house.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 21, 2014
7 posts
timetotellthetruth wrote:
Dec 21st, 2017 4:37 pm
http://www.cupw.ca/en/what%E2%80%99s-re ... ay-changes

The union continues to try to sell the fact that they gave up flyer pay, while allowing flyers to grow to massive proportions. Then they say, we will address overburdening in this round. Yeah right. You agree to make us carry the weight of a dishwasher, and just say we will fix that later. I don't know if this is their first round of negotiating. The company is going to agree to NOTHING THAT WOULD ADDRESS THE OVERBURDENING due to the weight of these flyers. Christ, they won't even let you weigh them in a proper volume count ffs.... I wonder if the union Reps even know how much 500 grams is ? I have loops that are a 100 houses long (walking). ONE flyer at that weight would be 50,000 grams all by itself. That, folks, converts to ........110 pounds !!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA, that's without any other flyers, mail, magazines, parcels and packets. OMFG ! Are we supposed to drive up to every house with a vehicle and wheel up their flyers on a fricken' dolly? I think that we should hang that weight around both CP and the unions necks while they negotiate, while walking on tread climbers. Then, and only then, will we get some negotiating that involves an ounce of common sense.....
This is maddening, and I assume that flyers still don't count towards the total weight we carry? Also I don't know about other depots but we do all the 5 day flyers in 3. A 9 day flyer seems ridiculous.
Oct 30, 2017
36 posts
23 upvotes
Hey everyone,

I was hoping someone can help me out. I'm a temp and have been since October. I was really hoping to have gotten my 480hrs by now to get some of the uniform. However, that day has not come yet. I was hoping that someone from here would be able to help me with giving me an older jacket they may have or a nice warm Canada post hat. I know some depots have a place where LCs leave their old clothes but I work out of Oshawa and there is basically slim pickings there and nothing that is my size. I'm an XL and it anyone could look around their depot or have a spare I would be forever grateful.

I can show proof that I work at Canada Post. If you would be willing to help me out, please DM me. I am willing to come travel anywhere in the Durham/ Toronto area.

Thank you,

Have a happy new year.
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
11614 posts
3003 upvotes
GTA
CompulsiveShopper wrote:
Dec 31st, 2017 12:51 am
I'm an XL and it anyone could look around their depot or have a spare I would be forever grateful.

I take a L, otherwise I could help you out. Ask around at your depot, pretty much everyone has spare stuff at home.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Banned
Dec 30, 2017
10 posts
3 upvotes
Hey how do raises work? I know we start of at 19.85 or something like that. I'm starting training soon
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
11614 posts
3003 upvotes
GTA
aaronre wrote:
Dec 31st, 2017 8:40 pm
Hey how do raises work? I know we start of at 19.85 or something like that. I'm starting training soon
You'll stay on that rate until you get permanent status, then you'll get a raise every year for 7 yrs, that brings you up to the top rate.
From the Collective Agreement:
screenshot.5.jpg

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 5, 2013
186 posts
60 upvotes
Hugh Jass wrote:
Dec 31st, 2017 9:30 pm
You'll stay on that rate until you get permanent status, then you'll get a raise every year for 7 yrs, that brings you up to the top rate.
From the Collective Agreement:

screenshot.5.jpg
Sadly,min wage has been 14 hr now

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)