Careers

[Merged] Ask Me About Working For Canada Post

Nov 7, 2017
103 posts
9 upvotes
do plant operation postal clerk get called in on dec 24.

they only confirm 25 and 26 we not working.
Aug 12, 2017
171 posts
56 upvotes
as a Temp rapidly approaching my 480 hours what would be the suggested way to try and get permanent the fastest?? Should I put in a transfer request for PT and FT to every depot within driving range or can I only put it in for my own depot that I am working out of?
Jun 11, 2012
129 posts
22 upvotes
Montreal
captaincanuck9 wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2017 6:46 pm
do plant operation postal clerk get called in on dec 24.

they only confirm 25 and 26 we not working.

Yep Christmas eve is open
Nov 7, 2017
103 posts
9 upvotes
StergMTL wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2017 11:09 pm
Yep Christmas eve is open
I know it is open but how many on call/christmas casual would be call in. Is it the regular 8 hrs or less hours
Deal Addict
May 8, 2007
1188 posts
316 upvotes
Westside
CanadaProud wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2017 10:27 pm
as a Temp rapidly approaching my 480 hours what would be the suggested way to try and get permanent the fastest?? Should I put in a transfer request for PT and FT to every depot within driving range or can I only put it in for my own depot that I am working out of?
It goes by zone not depot but just request the depot you're at if that's where you wanna stay and hope for the best and or start placing bids on relief positions.
Deal Addict
May 8, 2007
1188 posts
316 upvotes
Westside
Happy Holiday brothers and sisters! Blessings :)
May 2, 2012
815 posts
426 upvotes
STONEY CREEK
CanadaProud wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2017 10:27 pm
I don’t know if you knew this or not, but you can be hired permanently prior to the completion of your probation period, so you should already have your transfer request submitted.

As someone mentioned earlier, you can only apply for permanent (indeterminate) status within the zone you’re working (not depot specific). For example, Hamilton has five depots all a part of one zone, “Hamilton”.

If the goal is to get hired full-time as quickly as possible and you don’t mind spending time as a P04 in the plant (assuming your zone has one), then your application should look like this:

FT-LC
FT-P04
PT-LC
PT-P04.

If you’re hired full-time for either position, you must stay in that position for a year before you’re able to transfer. Conversely, if you’re hired part-time in either role and a full time position becomes available, you will be, “promoted” to that position on a seniority basis.
Aug 12, 2017
171 posts
56 upvotes
pike18 wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2017 6:27 am
I don’t know if you knew this or not, but you can be hired permanently prior to the completion of your probation period, so you should already have your transfer request submitted.

As someone mentioned earlier, you can only apply for permanent (indeterminate) status within the zone you’re working (not depot specific). For example, Hamilton has five depots all a part of one zone, “Hamilton”.

If the goal is to get hired full-time as quickly as possible and you don’t mind spending time as a P04 in the plant (assuming your zone has one), then your application should look like this:

gotcha..thanks my paperwork is in for my current depot..we are a smaller city so just one depot just was not sure how it worked I know a recent retiree is being replaced by a transfer from another city so not sure how it worked for temps.

FT-LC
FT-P04
PT-LC
PT-P04.

If you’re hired full-time for either position, you must stay in that position for a year before you’re able to transfer. Conversely, if you’re hired part-time in either role and a full time position becomes available, you will be, “promoted” to that position on a seniority basis.
Nov 7, 2017
103 posts
9 upvotes
anyone know how many more time christmas causal get called in after christmas and jan 15? Is it once a week?
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2014
1503 posts
1096 upvotes
at the chiropractors
Just wanted to send all of my fellow overworked and under appreciated posties a very merry Christmas!!!
Sometimes the truth hurts. The other times it hurts worse....
Apr 30, 2017
110 posts
98 upvotes
captaincanuck9 wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2017 11:10 pm
anyone know how many more time christmas causal get called in after christmas and jan 15? Is it once a week?
Last year they called xmas casuals until the 31st of December,
Aug 12, 2017
171 posts
56 upvotes
Well Happy Holidays to all you hard working people and thanks for all the advice and knowledge shared on this forum. Hope some of these parcels have been destined to you good folks!
Jan 25, 2011
3 posts
1 upvote
Toronto,Ontario
Happy Holidays to everyone. Hope everyone is surviving this crazy holiday work season.
Apr 27, 2016
26 posts
Hello folks and happy holidays,

I actualy have a couple of questions to ask you senior folks, 1 I'm a casual po4 working in the plant and looking to move to a different province in the future but where I want to move I believe they don't have any plants but only depots , what should I be doing to transfer ?I will accept any other positions for my move if I have to , 2 is it better to put my transfer as a casual or became permenent and then put transfer ? 3 is there a place where I can look up the depots and plant locations nation wide?

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 2 guests)

tarjet