Careers

[Merged] Ask Me About Working For Canada Post

Dec 13, 2016
192 posts
29 upvotes
Couple of random pay questions. How does OT work? There's a two week delay, right.. so it shows up in your next check?

Also, my pay went up from 19.86 to 20.40 in my latest check. Why's that?
Nov 12, 2017
44 posts
15 upvotes
Just received my latest pat statement. I'm a Temp PO4 started in late October, I have been getting my pay cheque deducted every month for $79.35 and for some(?) reason, my latest pay cheque got deducted $86.35 for union due and another $7.00 for "CUPW Dues Arrears"?

What the actual ****? If I only get call/accept one assignment, I am basically working for the union for free?

What is that $7.00 for? I had already paid them 5 bucks for the union card that serves no purpose if not for stopping the union dude chasing after me every day.
Jul 6, 2017
58 posts
34 upvotes
pike18 wrote:
Jan 7th, 2018 8:10 pm
I honestly don’t understand where all the confusion is regarding this payment.

Did anyone read this? http://www.cupw.ca/en/pay-arrears
Yes. I received a physical letter in the mail about it too.
No big deal, however I would have preferred it to be an optional payment. I could have gotten by without it.
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
10773 posts
2273 upvotes
GTA
pike18 wrote:
Jan 7th, 2018 8:10 pm
I honestly don’t understand where all the confusion is regarding this payment.

Did anyone read this? http://www.cupw.ca/en/pay-arrears
I got that, but expected to be paid for 80 hrs as normal, not fricking 70.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
May 2, 2012
639 posts
236 upvotes
STONEY CREEK
Hugh Jass wrote:
Jan 7th, 2018 9:11 pm
My pay seems to be the same as usual, but you’re right, if it’s significantly less, that seems off.

I just don’t understand everyone’s thinking they were going to get paid extra, not at all etc.

If I remember correctly, didn’t we get paid double on the cheque we became indeterminate?
Dec 13, 2016
192 posts
29 upvotes
Any idea why my pay went up to 20.40? Does that happen when you finish probation?
May 2, 2012
639 posts
236 upvotes
STONEY CREEK
heartsdales wrote:
Jan 7th, 2018 11:18 pm
@pike18 Honestly you sound like a corporate kiss a$$..
That’s very kind of you, thank you for your thoughts.
May 2, 2012
639 posts
236 upvotes
STONEY CREEK
Hugh Jass wrote:
Jan 7th, 2018 9:11 pm
Is your net pay comparable? Mine seems to be and it looks like they made up the difference by removing a bunch of deductions notably almost all of my pension contributions.

It’s stranger accounting, but it adds up (for me at least).
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
10773 posts
2273 upvotes
GTA
pike18 wrote:
Jan 8th, 2018 3:39 pm
Is your net pay comparable? Mine seems to be and it looks like they made up the difference by removing a bunch of deductions notably almost all of my pension contributions.

It’s stranger accounting, but it adds up (for me at least).
Yes, Mr. corporate kiss a$$ ;) , it's pretty similar. Wonder why they took off 10 hours though.

We all have to keep this pay statement secure, as they may try and screw us at the end.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Feb 4, 2016
91 posts
20 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Hugh Jass wrote:
Jan 8th, 2018 4:04 pm
Yes, Mr. corporate kiss a$$ ;) , it's pretty similar. Wonder why they took off 10 hours though.

We all have to keep this pay statement secure, as they may try and screw us at the end.
I imagine we will have to repay the full amount before taxes? Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
10773 posts
2273 upvotes
GTA
kehfun wrote:
Jan 8th, 2018 4:27 pm
I imagine we will have to repay the full amount before taxes? Face With Tears Of Joy
For sure we'll have to pay it back, but they may try and and get back 80hrs. We'll see when the next folk retire.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Thread Information

There are currently 5 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 4 guests)

SpeedyLC