Careers

[Merged] Ask Me About Working For Canada Post

Oct 19, 2017
31 posts
25 upvotes
digression wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 11:17 pm
Nope...it's $1 per hour. And it's definitely worth it in a station where you know most/all of the walks...not so much if you don't.

Edit: just saw that you are a term...unless something has changed recently, what I said still applies. But I'll admit I'm not sure. Ask union rep they will know.
For those of us hired after Feb. 1, 2013, per page 387 in our Agreement bible: only difference $0.53 to $0.57 per hour. I'm on my 1st year completed relief @ $21.37...whereas a 1 yr completed route owner is @ $20.83, so only $0.54 per hor more as relief.
Mar 11, 2016
77 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto
Anybody working at the Kitchener plant??? Any ideas on how long a FT LC to FT PO4 transfer would take?
Much appreciated!
Deal Expert
Nov 19, 2005
15846 posts
580 upvotes
RedFlagDeals!
Anybody get a call from supervisor saying it is unsafe to deliver come back to station? Came back and i've never seen station so busy in the afternoon! So do we get 8hrs pay for not 8hrs work then we get the OT on Monday for the items brought back today?
PC IS MASTER RACE! ( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ʖ ͡°) ͡°) VΛ 🆅🅰🅿🅴 🅽🅰🆃🅸🅾🅽 ┏( -_-)┛┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓┗(-_- )┓ 𝑅𝑒𝓁𝑒𝓋𝒶𝓃𝓉 𝒾𝓈 𝒿𝓊𝓈𝓉 𝓇𝑒𝓁𝑒𝓋𝒶𝓃𝓉
Apr 12, 2011
495 posts
253 upvotes
downtown TO
33966 wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 3:58 pm
Anybody get a call from supervisor saying it is unsafe to deliver come back to station? Came back and i've never seen station so busy in the afternoon! So do we get 8hrs pay for not 8hrs work then we get the OT on Monday for the items brought back today?
Of course you get your 8 hrs. And be prepared for OT on Monday as it is gonna be a disaster..
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
10773 posts
2273 upvotes
GTA
33966 wrote:
Anybody get a call from supervisor saying it is unsafe to deliver come back to station?
Yep. I was sitting comfortably on my couch at home when I got the call :)

My buddy on vacation got a call also :facepalm:

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2014
1118 posts
674 upvotes
under a snowbank, MB
Hugh Jass wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 5:47 pm
Yep. I was sitting comfortably on my couch at home when I got the call :)

My buddy on vacation got a call also :facepalm:
You guys give them your cell phone numbers? Lol.....
Sometimes the truth hurts. The other times it hurts worse....
Oct 19, 2017
31 posts
25 upvotes
timetotellthetruth wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 7:08 pm
My supervisor called me twice on my cell...did not answer lol. Came back to depot & she made a point to tell me I did not answer her calls. Told her she was supposed to use Jabber on our PDT to notify/contact us.

They get our contact info from staffing/computer...
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
10773 posts
2273 upvotes
GTA
timetotellthetruth wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 7:08 pm
Why's that funny?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Deal Addict
May 5, 2008
4272 posts
1052 upvotes
Winnipeg
33966 wrote:
Why unsafe?
Aug 12, 2017
133 posts
38 upvotes
fishscale4sale wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 5:18 pm
I agree with what CUPW is saying, but lately it seems that all they care to talk about is the RSMC issues... What about us poor LCs?
RSMC contract ran out first so my guess that is why we are seeing so much...my guess February they will get down to urban..and have something hammered out by about May or june...right when CP is not busy...I swear if Union had any guts they would hold off and strike end of October....see all them parcels start backing up in November and see what kind of offer they throw out.
May 2, 2012
639 posts
236 upvotes
STONEY CREEK
airmail wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 8:10 pm
Why unsafe?
Southern Ontario literally went from +10 with heavy rain to -6 and snow in about two hours. It was turning into an ice rink rapidly.

I’ve never had this happen before. Even when that bad ice storm happened 4 years ago, they left us out there.
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
10773 posts
2273 upvotes
GTA
pike18 wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 10:37 pm
Southern Ontario literally went from +10 with heavy rain to -6 and snow in about two hours. It was turning into an ice rink rapidly.

I’ve never had this happen before. Even when that bad ice storm happened 4 years ago, they left us out there.
.....and gave us force backs :facepalm:

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 6, 2017
58 posts
34 upvotes
Koolob1 wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 7:27 pm
My supervisor called me twice on my cell...did not answer lol. Came back to depot & she made a point to tell me I did not answer her calls. Told her she was supposed to use Jabber on our PDT to notify/contact us.

They get our contact info from staffing/computer...
I don't have a cell phone. I always laugh when I come home and check my voice mail to find messages from supervisors.
It's almost as funny as customers leaving their phone numbers taped to doors asking to call when they are getting a parcel!
I used Jabber once to contact a sup when I was in a minor car accident. I didn't get a reply until I was already back at the depot finishing my day!
None of them log on because they don't expect to hear from us.
Dec 23, 2011
116 posts
39 upvotes
toronto
Thanks for all the tips guys.

first time in a taxi depot and it was amazing how much CP pays for taxi, I mean if they contract this out at a rate of $40/person/day you would only need to drive out 5 carriers who have trips nearby for an incredible retirement job.
Deal Addict
Jun 17, 2009
1410 posts
87 upvotes
richmondhill
was surprised Canada post actually cared about safety to have us get back from the weather, now if they cared about safety they would get rid of second wave so people don't have to deliver in the dark before someone gets hurt or killed
33966 wrote:

Thread Information

There are currently 4 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 3 guests)

SpeedyLC