Careers

[Merged] Ask Me About Working For Canada Post

Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
13458 posts
4616 upvotes
GTA
tedfromaccounting wrote: Does our insurance cover going to a podiatrist to get a foot mold done for shoes/boots? I imagine not...
$400 for podiatrist, doesn't specify for what though. Give GWL a call and see what they say.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
May 2, 2012
960 posts
515 upvotes
STONEY CREEK
tedfromaccounting wrote: Does our insurance cover going to a podiatrist to get a foot mold done for shoes/boots? I imagine not...
Yes. I had this done for a pair of Orthotics. You’re also covered for orthopaedic shoes, which maxes out at $120 net.
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
13458 posts
4616 upvotes
GTA
pike18 wrote: Yes. I had this done for a pair of Orthotics. You’re also covered for orthopaedic shoes, which maxes out at $120 net.
Never had them but aren't ortho shoes way more expensive than $120?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Deal Fanatic
May 5, 2008
6312 posts
3088 upvotes
Manitoba
PavementPounder wrote: I did 50 phonebooks today and the humidity makes it feel 41. I can't believe people still use these things. Everyone who I had contact with didn't want one. All for 4 cents per phonebook?
Manitoba got a whopping 7 cents that the union signed off on them, LOL
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2004
1787 posts
1175 upvotes
Vancouver
dcjcdc wrote: same here ulines..when you have 300 businesses on the route, you get ulines weekly...and this week being hot, no relief from uline..thank god for pain killers with all those ulines
I've always wondered why Uline sends those out. Every time they come in they immediately go to the trash. It can't be that cheap to produce a thick colored book and have it shipped, or is it?
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2015
1116 posts
1011 upvotes
York, ON
It is, CPC charges them something like 50 cents a catalogue for postage. Doubt it costs much more to print them.
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2014
3193 posts
2474 upvotes
at the chiropractors
airmail wrote: Manitoba got a whopping 7 cents that the union signed off on them, LOL
Did these phone books come addressed or as a "flyer"?
Sometimes the truth hurts. The other times it hurts worse....
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2014
3193 posts
2474 upvotes
at the chiropractors
airmail wrote: Flyer
Interesting. I know that some major cities got them as addressed mail and the carriers got 0 cents to deliver them as a result..
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2007
1491 posts
1032 upvotes
moncton
timetotellthetruth wrote: Interesting. I know that some major cities got them as addressed mail and the carriers got 0 cents to deliver them as a result..
They were addressed here.
Deal Addict
May 22, 2015
3296 posts
3830 upvotes
I'm curious how management would react if you carded them for no fit.
Banned
May 30, 2019
190 posts
96 upvotes
mikebc wrote: I'm curious how management would react if you carded them for no fit.
Why are all routes not CMbs, delivering catalogs and phone books on a foot walk is just assinine. Health and safety anyone?????
Banned
Jun 17, 2009
1765 posts
181 upvotes
onatrio
because the liberals left it at that..but if progressive conservatives get in, you can see them trying to gel more cmbs everywhere..as well, there would be some positions possibly gone if they convert all cmbs,,we went from 20 foot walks to 10 walks because of cmbs conversion...as well, they make the routes longer in most cases,,
Otrosky101 wrote: Why are all routes not CMbs, delivering catalogs and phone books on a foot walk is just assinine. Health and safety anyone?????
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2015
1116 posts
1011 upvotes
York, ON
The company would rather pay lawyers than their own employees. It's disgusting.
Banned
May 30, 2019
190 posts
96 upvotes
tarjet wrote: The company would rather pay lawyers than their own employees. It's disgusting.
Sadly the decision makers never get any form of punishment for their awful decisions. Must be nice to be a million dollar f**kup and never pay the price.
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2014
3193 posts
2474 upvotes
at the chiropractors
Did you all get the letter from the CEO saying how health and safety is priority#1 and how valuable the employees are? Lol. Thanks for the fire starter... Lol