Careers

[Merged] Ask Me About Working For Canada Post

Apr 7, 2013
868 posts
500 upvotes
LONDON
timetotellthetruth wrote:
Mar 12th, 2018 6:15 pm
I just play the music out of my phones speakers.....
I sing to myself. I have a beautiful inside singing voiceSmirking Face
Dec 13, 2016
729 posts
380 upvotes
Any tips for stop and go business routes? I'm doing a route this week that's 2/3 industrial park this week and it's a **** slog. 2 hours OT today and I definitely brought some back. This is my least favorite walk so far.

It just seems to take me so long to find places and then get going.
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2008
1735 posts
171 upvotes
Toronto
jmomccxx wrote:
Mar 12th, 2018 9:56 pm
Any tips for stop and go business routes? I'm doing a route this week that's 2/3 industrial park this week and it's a **** slog. 2 hours OT today and I definitely brought some back. This is my least favorite walk so far.

I don't mind those walks. I had one in Arnold and yea there's nothing you can do but stop the vehicle and get out, run into the business and go back to your truck. Just think of it as you do less total walking. The kind of bad part of those walk is no flyer money.
Nov 8, 2012
374 posts
119 upvotes
London, ON
jmomccxx wrote:

no real tips, its mainly a matter of knowing where the places are. Once that's done it should get a bit easier..but i always find those business routes are time value'd pretty funny.
Nov 8, 2012
374 posts
119 upvotes
London, ON
Mar 12th, 2018 6:15 pm
I just play the music out of my phones speakers.....
same. well, podcasts...
if i could play it out of my pocket in the plant, it might not be so bad

would love some insight on the different inside jobs and the pros and cons of each
Jun 25, 2010
553 posts
120 upvotes
Just thought I’d share. Got insurance from Coseco (owned by co-operators) . Being a Cpc employee get group rate. Saved about $900/year .
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
11241 posts
2659 upvotes
GTA
nousername wrote:
Mar 13th, 2018 5:24 pm
Just thought I’d share. Got insurance from Coseco (owned by co-operators) . Being a Cpc employee get group rate. Saved about $900/year .
Nice one. DId you call them directly or go through a broker?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Deal Addict
May 5, 2008
4622 posts
1281 upvotes
Winnipeg
nousername wrote:
Mar 13th, 2018 5:24 pm
TD insurance too
Jun 25, 2010
553 posts
120 upvotes
Hugh Jass wrote:
Mar 13th, 2018 5:40 pm
Nice one. DId you call them directly or go through a broker?
I called the co-operators(got the number from my supervisor )and they transferred me to them . Told them I work for Cpc. They are under the umbrella of HB group insurance management ltd.
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2014
1524 posts
1117 upvotes
at the chiropractors
jmomccxx wrote:

The first time on a business route is always frustrating, as you have to find where they are, and where to put their mail (ie, is there a cmb or mail room?). You should find the following day should go much smoother as you recognize places when you do your delivery.... good luck!
Sometimes the truth hurts. The other times it hurts worse....
Dec 13, 2016
729 posts
380 upvotes
Mar 13th, 2018 6:53 pm
The first time on a business route is always frustrating, as you have to find where they are, and where to put their mail (ie, is there a cmb or mail room?). You should find the following day should go much smoother as you recognize places when you do your delivery.... good luck!
Today was better. 45 minutes late. I'm hoping the rest of the week is good. After this, I should be on a pretty good walk for four weeks but have to confirm tomorrow.

The mostly frustrating thing for me was finally finding an office and the jackass inside tells me that mail goes to receiving/warehouse door 10 or wherever.
May 2, 2012
826 posts
433 upvotes
STONEY CREEK
stilltippin wrote:
Mar 13th, 2018 1:49 pm
same. well, podcasts...
if i could play it out of my pocket in the plant, it might not be so bad

would love some insight on the different inside jobs and the pros and cons of each
When I was in the plant for a few months, I worked a few different positions. All of them I found terribly boring because there is no end, just a punch clock.

I mainly worked on the dock, which was probably the best because you were able to do some different jobs sorting parcels/unloading. Downside to the dock is that it’s pretty physical and requires a lot of heavy lifting. Working in finals was like sorting a route that never ends. Working in mech requires keeping a pace and bending over to unload LFTs a lot.

I would’ve taken a pay cut to get back as an LC. Even though it’s physically demanding, I think it’s the best job within our union.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)