Careers

[Merged] Ask Me About Working For Canada Post

Jan 5, 2014
232 posts
255 upvotes
Addresses are hard..…
The flyer money goes to the route owner of the term or OR/VR fails to sign for it. Unless staffing is on the ball and knows what you covered.
Deal Addict
May 5, 2008
4822 posts
1523 upvotes
Winnipeg
Informed today 3 months early..compressed delivery after september long weekend for cdn tire catalogue
2 days only.
And the great union signed off on it
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
11578 posts
2982 upvotes
GTA
airmail wrote:
Jun 7th, 2018 6:51 pm
Informed today 3 months early..compressed delivery after september long weekend for cdn tire catalogue
2 days only.
Sounds fishy

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 13, 2016
750 posts
385 upvotes
I’m kind of going off the ball recently. I’ve had three misdelivered packets in the last 2 weeks (one in the wrong building, two in the wrong slot) after none before that in 9 months.

Any tips for keeping on top of this? I’ve no idea why I’m suddenly slipping. If anything I’m way more organized and less hectic than when I started. I do have some rough seasonal allergies but I can see fine. Does anyone have tips for quickly double checking? I was thinking of reading addresses out loud as I put them in.

I’m living in fear right now of being on the report again in the morning. My supervisor I has been motivational so far but I’m pretty sure that will change soon.
Apr 20, 2013
278 posts
122 upvotes
airmail wrote:
Jun 7th, 2018 6:51 pm
2 days only.
Not that I agree with it AT ALL, but hasn't this happened for at least 2 years previously on Labour Day weekend?

Do it all in one day and book the OT.
Aug 22, 2010
222 posts
105 upvotes
jmomccxx wrote:
Jun 7th, 2018 10:13 pm
I’m kind of going off the ball recently. I’ve had three misdelivered packets in the last 2 weeks (one in the wrong building, two in the wrong slot) after none before that in 9 months.

Any tips for keeping on top of this? I’ve no idea why I’m suddenly slipping. If anything I’m way more organized and less hectic than when I started. I do have some rough seasonal allergies but I can see fine. Does anyone have tips for quickly double checking? I was thinking of reading addresses out loud as I put
them in.

I’m living in fear right now of being on the report again in the morning. My supervisor I has been motivational so far but I’m pretty sure that will change soon.
Use a pen or marker and write the unit # on the packet.
Deal Addict
May 5, 2008
4822 posts
1523 upvotes
Winnipeg
digression wrote:
Jun 7th, 2018 10:49 pm
Not that I agree with it AT ALL, but hasn't this happened for at least 2 years previously on Labour Day weekend?

Do it all in one day and book the OT.
Many are saving personal days for that...lol
May 21, 2013
815 posts
367 upvotes
Montreal
I don't get it either with these circs only coming in September why two days? Regardless thanks CUPW! I recently got lucky and signed into a new route with only 405 doors.. It's a long walk but in a nice area where only half of the people want circs. For years now I'v been doing routes with +1500 poc and I was just getting fed up with preparing thirds of 500+ doors.
Oct 6, 2017
45 posts
8 upvotes
Im an oct 2017 casual at the gateway plant. We're all getting two days a week (saturday and sunday).

i just saw a posting on indeed for postal clerks for mississauga, 87 vacancies. What the heck is going on that they are looking for 87 more casuals when current ones are just getting called twice a week?
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2006
3353 posts
568 upvotes
GTA
Counut wrote:
Jun 8th, 2018 4:15 pm
Im an oct 2017 casual at the gateway plant. We're all getting two days a week (saturday and sunday).

i just saw a posting on indeed for postal clerks for mississauga, 87 vacancies. What the heck is going on that they are looking for 87 more casuals when current ones are just getting called twice a week?
My guess is to fill the casual list again because there was a promotion spree a few months ago.
AFAIK, some casuals are still getting called daily at Gateway - to a maximum of 5 days/week.
Apr 20, 2013
278 posts
122 upvotes
airmail wrote:
Jun 7th, 2018 11:14 pm
Many are saving personal days for that...lol
That's fine with me. I will take the easy OT for compressed flyer, maybe take an extra section too. Collate my flyers in double time afterwards.

And I will still have my personal days left when my bigger paycheque comes in! :)
Apr 7, 2013
868 posts
500 upvotes
LONDON
digression wrote:
Jun 8th, 2018 10:24 pm
That's fine with me. I will take the easy OT for compressed flyer, maybe take an extra section too. Collate my flyers in double time afterwards.

And I will still have my personal days left when my bigger paycheque comes in! :)
Yep, I’ll do the same Thumbs Up Sign
Nov 10, 2011
434 posts
84 upvotes
Burnaby
stalbert1 wrote:
Jun 7th, 2018 5:29 pm
I wonder where does the flyer money go if a letter carrier forgets to sign the book for it?
Sign for everything (before you even start sorting). Don't think for one minute the person entering the information will know to put your name down. They keep telling us when we scan the barcodes its automatic which is BS. I own my own route and I still fill them out even if it said 1.

Also if you own a route and started the flyer on Thursday and get it all done in the 2 days (so you can have them cleaned up for your relief while you go on holidays) fill it out too. The end date which is the Monday, the person that fills it in will almost likely give the whole amount to the relief that starts your route on the Monday since that is the end date.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

sunvv