Careers

[Merged] Ask Me About Working For Canada Post

Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
14631 posts
3358 upvotes
Vancouver
Wholly FUKC! This can’t be real.

Whose the arbitrator? Who do I contact outside of the union. This has gone far enough .

Thanks
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2014
3193 posts
2473 upvotes
at the chiropractors
trellaine201 wrote: Wholly FUKC! This can’t be real.

Whose the arbitrator? Who do I contact outside of the union. This has gone far enough .

Thanks
I agree. This is beyond @#$#ing ridiculous. There has got to be SOMETHING that we can do.....
Sometimes the truth hurts. The other times it hurts worse....
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
14631 posts
3358 upvotes
Vancouver
timetotellthetruth wrote: I agree. This is beyond @#$#ing ridiculous. There has got to be SOMETHING that we can do.....
I’ll head to my MP office and of course my area voted in someone that can’t do anything because she’s an independent lol
Apr 12, 2011
744 posts
651 upvotes
Etobicoke
Otrosky101 wrote: Lol, union blew it. Had a good offer but held out to get green - vehicles, not dollars.

Can't blame the arbitrator, can you imagine the bs flowing from both sides???
Riiight, blame CUPW since CP can do no wrong. After all, they offered us a $1000 (taxable) bonus wow!
It's both sides that are causing problems (like you said at the end) so I don't understand why you are in here bashing CUPW every single time, bringing up the green vehicle 'demand' as if that was the #1 issue for CUPW? Do you not blame any of this on Canada Post? If they could have their way, we'd be making min wage with zero benefits.
Banned
May 30, 2019
190 posts
96 upvotes
fishscale4sale wrote: Riiight, blame CUPW since CP can do no wrong. After all, they offered us a $1000 (taxable) bonus wow!
It's both sides that are causing problems (like you said at the end) so I don't understand why you are in here bashing CUPW every single time, bringing up the green vehicle 'demand' as if that was the #1 issue for CUPW? Do you not blame any of this on Canada Post?
I said " both sides" so stop whining, you know very well green was a major goal for CUPW and yes I'll take the $1000 with the 2% raise rather than end up with less AGAIN!!
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
14631 posts
3358 upvotes
Vancouver
Both sides are joke! Wasting away our money in fancy hotels eating food and snacks.

As if much will become of this charade except wasted money and resources.

Utter joke.
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
13458 posts
4616 upvotes
GTA
She's on $1,500 a day, not such a shocker that she keeps asking for extensions.

We better get our back pay to Jan 2018.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2014
3193 posts
2473 upvotes
at the chiropractors
So with the legislation saying that we can't strike while this arbitration is going on, is the game plan to keep this one contract in arbitration for the next 20 years so that we can't ever strike again, until we all are retired???? The union should push for more legislation that starts to fine the arbitrator $10.000/day after let's say, another 1 month extension. Maybe then, they can have more meetings than 3 times a month.....
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2014
3193 posts
2473 upvotes
at the chiropractors
trellaine201 wrote: Wholly FUKC! This can’t be real.

Thanks
Arbitrator Elizabeth MacPherson
Deal Fanatic
May 5, 2008
6312 posts
3088 upvotes
Manitoba
timetotellthetruth wrote: I agree. This is beyond @#$#ing ridiculous. There has got to be SOMETHING that we can do.....
Start petitioning the members for a new union
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2014
3193 posts
2473 upvotes
at the chiropractors
airmail wrote: Start petitioning the members for a new union
Not that I wholly disagree with you, but shouldn't we also petition for new management, political party and arbitrator, just to keep things fair?
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
14631 posts
3358 upvotes
Vancouver
Hugh Jass wrote: She's on $1,500 a day, not such a shocker that she keeps asking for extensions.

We better get our back pay to Jan 2018.
Maybe in 2060
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2014
3193 posts
2473 upvotes
at the chiropractors
trellaine201 wrote: Can’t find her email contact. No surprise as she would get bombarded from others. She was also the arbitrator for some air Canada dispute.

Read it and weep

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.1094351

Elizabeth MacPherson
Elizabeth MacPherson has been in private practice as a mediator and arbitrator since 2015. She was Chair of the Canada Industrial Relations Board from 2008 to 2014 and served as Director General of the Federal Mediation and Conciliation Service from 1999 until her appointment to the CIRB. Elizabeth holds a B.A. in Industrial Relations from McGill University and an LL.B. and LL.M. from the University of Ottawa. In 2012, she was awarded the Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee medal for her contribution to labour relations in Canada.

Tel: (506) 804-4724
Email: AthenaDRS@xplornet.com
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2014
3193 posts
2473 upvotes
at the chiropractors
trellaine201 wrote: Can’t find her email contact. No surprise as she would get bombarded from others. She was also the arbitrator for some air Canada dispute.

Read it and weep

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.1094351
Not sure what you mean by read it and weep. She imposed an agreement that was negotiated and recommended by the UNION. Doesn't really sound like the union got hosed by any stretch, not like we did, by the Cons back to work legislation....
Deal Addict
May 22, 2015
3296 posts
3830 upvotes
Can they just offer buyouts already? I'm ready to move on with life.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)