[Merged] Ask Me About Working For Canada Post

Deal Addict
May 5, 2008
4313 posts
1079 upvotes
Winnipeg
stalbert1 wrote:
Jun 30th, 2018 2:00 pm
Yep Canada Post changed their leadership perhaps it’s time CUPW did the same?
Difference between educated and noneducated.
Do you realize Cupw have ex carriers and clerks negotiating the contracts and still lost in the 70s and 80s
Apr 7, 2013
328 posts
112 upvotes
LONDON
airmail wrote:
Jul 1st, 2018 9:25 am
Difference between educated and noneducated.
Do you realize Cupw have ex carriers and clerks negotiating the contracts and still lost in the 70s and 80s
Cmon we keep hearing the same bs every contract, our negotiatiors aren’t uneducated fools but at some point they have become part of the problem. Personally I could care less- i won’t spend 1 minute on a picket line in support of a union who’s strike pay is less than minimum wage despite millions and millions of dues collected.
Apr 7, 2013
328 posts
112 upvotes
LONDON
Not to mention it’s time to fix the wages. Letter carrier job gets harder and more stressful every year yet we are paid the same as inside workers? Unjust- and all LCs should make the same wage. Pay inside workers less and LCs the same hourly rate Thumbs Up Sign
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
10863 posts
2351 upvotes
GTA
stalbert1 wrote:
Jul 1st, 2018 10:53 am
Not to mention it’s time to fix the wages. Letter carrier job gets harder and more stressful every year yet we are paid the same as inside workers? Unjust- and all LCs should make the same wage. Pay inside workers less and LCs the same hourly rate Thumbs Up Sign
I agree 100% but that will never happen.

Working inside is like a holiday camp compared to LC, I did it years ago for a while to get PT and also know a ton of people that went inside, all say same thing. I would jump at it but the only hours I would get would be graveyard. F that.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
10863 posts
2351 upvotes
GTA
Just a reminder that the personal days carry over tool is live from today until the 14th.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Apr 7, 2013
328 posts
112 upvotes
LONDON
Hugh Jass wrote:
Jul 1st, 2018 11:47 am
I agree 100% but that will never happen.

Working inside is like a holiday camp compared to LC, I did it years ago for a while to get PT and also know a ton of people that went inside, all say same thing. I would jump at it but the only hours I would get would be graveyard. F that.

It has to happen eventually for this company to survive. You’ve got to have an incentive to entice people to become letter carriers rather than inside workers. The turnovers of carriers is ridiculous and expensive- only way to slow it down is a financial incentive. Of course this will require a union that doesn’t negotiate a pay cut for flyers for outside group and yet inside workers lost zilchPouting Face
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
10863 posts
2351 upvotes
GTA
stalbert1 wrote:
Jul 1st, 2018 4:21 pm
It has to happen eventually for this company to survive. You’ve got to have an incentive to entice people to become letter carriers rather than inside workers. The turnovers of carriers is ridiculous and expensive- only way to slow it down is a financial incentive. Of course this will require a union that doesn’t negotiate a pay cut for flyers for outside group and yet inside workers lost zilchPouting Face
Not gonna happen, ever. They want the higher paid ones to go inside ( and be relatively content) and eventually have an outside workforce that they can replace easier. It's all about numbers, they don't give a flying f about incentives to be letter carriers.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Apr 7, 2013
328 posts
112 upvotes
LONDON
Hugh Jass wrote:
Jul 1st, 2018 5:49 pm
Not gonna happen, ever. They want the higher paid ones to go inside ( and be relatively content) and eventually have an outside workforce that they can replace easier. It's all about numbers, they don't give a flying f about incentives to be letter carriers.
That’s the problem- they cannot replace or keep hundreds of trained letter carriers currently and the reason is obvious- pay rate is too low for the challenges the work puts on the shoulders of LCs. The job will continually get more difficult and without change staffing will become impossible.
Apr 7, 2013
328 posts
112 upvotes
LONDON
stalbert1 wrote:
Jul 1st, 2018 6:14 pm
That’s the problem- they cannot replace or keep hundreds of trained letter carriers currently and the reason is obvious- pay rate is too low for the challenges the work puts on the shoulders of LCs. The job will continually get more difficult and without change staffing will become impossible.
Although I agree with you that it’s unlikely to change. With the current unions mentally and the company’s stubbornness real change is impossible eventually resulting in the demise of Canada Post.
Jan 5, 2014
196 posts
187 upvotes
Addresses are hard..…
I am all for these new uniforms... should help with xmas tips.
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2014
1160 posts
691 upvotes
under a snowbank, MB
Slotstuffer wrote:
Jul 5th, 2018 10:43 am
I am all for these new uniforms... should help with xmas tips.
but damn, it's gonna be cold in the winter....
Sometimes the truth hurts. The other times it hurts worse....
Jul 12, 2010
28 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
Just completed the GAT test...anyone know how long it will take to receive the results?

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

stalbert1