[Merged] Ask Me About Working For Canada Post

Apr 7, 2013
868 posts
500 upvotes
LONDON
airmail wrote:
Jul 13th, 2018 1:33 pm
That info is not available..cupw loves the blind vote
Yep, what’s the negotiation points for letter carriers? Raises? No clue. Useless people only there for the useless employees.
Apr 7, 2013
868 posts
500 upvotes
LONDON
airmail wrote:
Jul 14th, 2018 12:15 am
Definitely not a wage increase! Carriers on average will lose over 2 to 3k in flyer money alone yearly.
Yep CUPW is an inside workers union and only useful for carriers who are crap at the job. I hope there’s a strike- maybe then LCs will wake up to the inadequacy of this pathetic union. No doubt they’ll expect us to picket for less than minimum wage. No thank you.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 30, 2003
7386 posts
810 upvotes
Toronto
Koolob1 wrote:
Jun 24th, 2018 9:04 am
See page 387 of our CA: you are @ 1st year of service, so you will be getting $20.83 if change to regular LC ($0.54/hr less than RLC). Then on your 2nd anniversary date (after a full pay cycle), you will be getting $21.79. You gotta be careful changing between regular to RLC and/or vice versa, HR will conveniently decide to somehow change your anniversary date to their benefit, then give you a BS explanation so you would have to grieve it.
So, for example if I am rlc for two years, then I get a walk (lc), I reset to the minimum for lc? I wasted two years?

My current situation is I got my ft this Jan. Got rlc via bid in March. Just this month, I bid and won a walk in Toronto west.

I plan on transferring back Toronto east after this year, so when I get transferred, I'll be unassigned. Does my status for anniversary rate change reset? Or does it reset only if I bid on a rlc position?
Sep 6, 2015
85 posts
11 upvotes
York, ON
PCDawg wrote:
Jul 14th, 2018 6:30 pm
So, for example if I am rlc for two years, then I get a walk (lc), I reset to the minimum for lc? I wasted two years?

My current situation is I got my ft this Jan. Got rlc via bid in March. Just this month, I bid and won a walk in Toronto west.

I plan on transferring back Toronto east after this year, so when I get transferred, I'll be unassigned. Does my status for anniversary rate change reset? Or does it reset only if I bid on a rlc position?
AFAIK, If you go from LC (owning a walk) to RLC or transfer to become an "assinged" RLC it is considered a promotion. So then that would be your new anniversary raise date. However, if you go from RLC to owning a walk, its considered a demotion, therefore your anniversary date will remain the same as when you were promoted to RLC.

So in your situation, your annual raise date is Jan (when you got your FT). To be safe, I wouldn't transfer back to the East until after January of next year.
May 21, 2013
815 posts
367 upvotes
Montreal
Uniondude wrote:
Jul 12th, 2018 1:57 pm
Why should inside workers be paid less?
Because they are pretty much CUPW leaders, incompetent and beyond lazy.

/thread
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2014
1697 posts
1251 upvotes
at the chiropractors
nousername wrote:
Jul 13th, 2018 11:25 am
Where do I find all the demands from cupw and yay or nay on those demands from Cpc. There’s nothing on cupw’s website .before I vote I would like to know what I am voting for . All I hear is rumours and hearsay at my depot . That our benefits cap is going down . I ask 10 people and get 10 different answers
here is the program of demands for the current negotiation. However, all the ones that may be important to you will probably be dropped unless you are a rsmc or you are a electric vehicle dealer..... smh......

https://www.cupw.ca/sites/default/files ... orward.pdf
Sometimes the truth hurts. The other times it hurts worse....
Apr 7, 2013
868 posts
500 upvotes
LONDON
timetotellthetruth wrote:
Jul 15th, 2018 3:55 pm
here is the program of demands for the current negotiation. However, all the ones that may be important to you will probably be dropped unless you are a rsmc or you are a electric vehicle dealer..... smh......

https://www.cupw.ca/sites/default/files ... orward.pdf
Such a useless union. They are not gonna waste millions on electric vehicles or restore door to door delivery. These guys are out to lunch and have no concept of reality.
Oct 19, 2017
59 posts
40 upvotes
PCDawg wrote:
Jul 14th, 2018 6:30 pm

(a) If you got your ft in Jan. as unassigned RLC, then bid successfully as an assigned RLC in March...you are good: annual anniversary pay increase date would still be in Jan. as you started off in the higher wage so no promotion has occurred. Your 1st year increase will occur Jan. 2019.

(b) If you got your ft in Jan. as covering a specific walk #, then bid successfully as an assigned RLC in March...then your annual anniversary pay increase date would be changed to March. Your 1st year increase will now occur in Mar. 2019 (a 2 month delay).

Now in July, you won a walk so is considered a demotion going from RLC to LC so CP will keep either Jan if (a) or Mar if (b) as your annual increase date.

If you transfer back next year, say July 2019 & CPC made you unassigned RLC again...they will now take that July 2019 date & not give your 2nd year annual increase till July 2020 (another 4 months delay).

Above is my understanding of CPC's convoluted interpretation of what they say is in our CA. You then need to grieve it, I guess.
Mar 26, 2007
524 posts
180 upvotes
Scarborough
Every job has its Pros and Cons, Inside or outside. I 've worked both and I know "the grass is always greener on the other side". But there is always something that holding you to go to the other side. So stop whining and focus to get both of us a better contract instead to fighting among our-self. They just report the first quarter profit and I can see there is plenty to go around since we have no a real raise the last 10 years. There is no need to bring down the one side to make the other side satisfied. Although I totally agree the electric vehicles demand seems ridicules.
Mar 26, 2007
524 posts
180 upvotes
Scarborough
I still can't believe how the last contract get the approval votes from our members. Sometimes we have ourselves to blame. When we need to stand and fight and we were thinking the mortgages and new bike/boat. Went back to the time in this thread you will find a lots of characters here unwilling to do the strike. Union leaderships/negotiators/CPC heard that too, that is why we always getting/accepting a bad offers because the cowardliness we showed.
Apr 7, 2013
868 posts
500 upvotes
LONDON
sbobcat wrote:
Jul 16th, 2018 10:59 am
I still can't believe how the last contract get the approval votes from our members. Sometimes we have ourselves to blame. When we need to stand and fight and we were thinking the mortgages and new bike/boat. Went back to the time in this thread you will find a lots of characters here unwilling to do the strike. Union leaderships/negotiators/CPC heard that too, that is why we always getting/accepting a bad offers because the cowardliness we showed.
Sorry but your negotiation team are morons. Postal banking? Electric vehicles? Return to door to door delivery? Useless non winnable issues. 1st and most important issue should be payscale- LCs at $30. Inside workers $19.
Until the wages are paid properly we will never reach Fedex/Purolator wages.
Mar 26, 2007
524 posts
180 upvotes
Scarborough
Since your negotiation team are such a mess and you have the idea to get it done. why don't you run the election instead attacking the po4 . I want to be sit back and see how you able to get that done. let' s say half the members are inside workers, even the cpc offering the exact same deal you draw( 30 for lc and 19 for po4), I don't see how it able to get pass the vote.
I do agree that the LC should be paid more but I don't see that happening this way.
( Let's try 28 for po4 and 32 for LC maybe, not without the fight though)
Apr 7, 2013
868 posts
500 upvotes
LONDON
Nobody is attacking anyone. It’s industry fact inside workers make far less than outside delivery agents and CUPW which is flooded with lazy inside workers are quite aware of this. I hope a long lockout occurs leading to another shite contract and letter carriers finally wake up to the inept negotiation team they have.
Mar 26, 2007
524 posts
180 upvotes
Scarborough
Until that day come, there is option to join the LAZY inside workers!
Apr 7, 2013
868 posts
500 upvotes
LONDON
sbobcat wrote:
Jul 16th, 2018 3:58 pm
Until that day come, there is option to join the LAZY inside workers!
Couldn’t stomach sitting around watching the clock and then having to eat lunch with a 400lb slob. No thank you.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

Helidaz