Careers

[Merged] Ask Me About Working For Canada Post

Oct 19, 2017
51 posts
37 upvotes
nousername wrote:
Jul 29th, 2018 9:03 pm
Can you guys share here or pm me the time values for flyers collation. Thanks. asked my pm super. She won’t give me the copy.
I just collate at end of day...if it goes O/T, I book it...however long it takes. I don't give a c**** what time value is assigned to collate by CP, or agreed by the union.
Jul 6, 2017
163 posts
124 upvotes
Let's quit bashing inside workers. It's divisive and that's just what the corporation wants.
If you don't turn out to vote just because you think the union only supports "lazy inside workers" then you're playing right into their hands.
No strike vote means we have no bargaining power and then we all lose, inside and outside.
It's called solidarity for a reason, so put on your grown-up pants, get over yourselves and let's work together to prevent CP from making things worse for all of us.

FTR I spent a few months working inside while injured. It can be just as hard mentally and physically. Most of the inside workers I've met are also injured letter carriers who are doing their best but wish they were back outside. Many others paid their dues as letter carriers and transferred inside to preserve what's left of their ravaged bodies.
Apr 30, 2015
789 posts
579 upvotes
York, ON
nousername wrote:
Jul 29th, 2018 9:03 pm
Can you guys share here or pm me the time values for flyers collation. Thanks. asked my pm super. She won’t give me the copy.
Time worked is time paid. I don't even acknowledge the existence of that stupid chart. If they refuse to pay you for time worked, grieve it.
Apr 7, 2013
852 posts
487 upvotes
LONDON
VanMailMan wrote:
Jul 30th, 2018 2:13 am
Let's quit bashing inside workers. It's divisive and that's just what the corporation wants.
If you don't turn out to vote just because you think the union only supports "lazy inside workers" then you're playing right into their hands.
No strike vote means we have no bargaining power and then we all lose, inside and outside.
It's called solidarity for a reason, so put on your grown-up pants, get over yourselves and let's work together to prevent CP from making things worse for all of us.

FTR I spent a few months working inside while injured. It can be just as hard mentally and physically. Most of the inside workers I've met are also injured letter carriers who are doing their best but wish they were back outside. Many others paid their dues as letter carriers and transferred inside to preserve what's left of their ravaged bodies.
Not gonna swallow your union propaganda. Inside workers have it much easier and should be making at least $5 an hour less than letter carriers. Of course LCs have transferred inside- its easier and has the same pay. If the wage scale was different many would have remained carriers.

And “solidarity “ means cutting letter carriers flyer wage while inside workers lose nothing? Fu** that.
Deal Addict
Jun 17, 2009
1570 posts
130 upvotes
onatrio
totally agree..our inside used to be just OK and now its terrible...incredible amounts of parcels now to help with....incredible amount of flers we now have to put out at my station...and when there is a break,,do double x to sort...its go go go for our fulltime lcas...and now they want us to start earlier so we can get all the things out for the carrier...
VanMailMan wrote:
Jul 30th, 2018 2:13 am

Jul 6, 2017
163 posts
124 upvotes
stalbert1 wrote:
Jul 30th, 2018 7:43 am
Not gonna swallow your union propaganda. Inside workers have it much easier and should be making at least $5 an hour less than letter carriers. Of course LCs have transferred inside- its easier and has the same pay. If the wage scale was different many would have remained carriers.

And “solidarity “ means cutting letter carriers flyer wage while inside workers lose nothing? Fu** that.
You sound like a Trumpite!
I have no affiliation with the union other than being forced into joining like the rest of us.
Am I happy with their performance?
NO
Will I refuse to vote out of sheer stubbornness and ignorance?
NO
Not supporting the union = supporting the corporation, which means we will lose wages, benefits, time values and anything else they can strip away.
Now that I think about you're probably not even a letter carrier but a corporate flunky who's trying to spread dissension!
Apr 7, 2013
852 posts
487 upvotes
LONDON
VanMailMan wrote:
Jul 30th, 2018 11:12 am
You sound like a Trumpite!
I have no affiliation with the union other than being forced into joining like the rest of us.
Am I happy with their performance?
NO
Will I refuse to vote out of sheer stubbornness and ignorance?
NO
Not supporting the union = supporting the corporation, which means we will lose wages, benefits, time values and anything else they can strip away.
Now that I think about you're probably not even a letter carrier but a corporate flunky who's trying to spread dissension!
go ahead- strike for electric vehicles,charging stations and banking - and call me whatever makes you happy - typical your only response is to vote YES - yet even a fool knows the union is striking over garbage requests that letter carriers want no part of - we want the obvious - a raise, more money for flyers and better time values for parcels - easy cept all union reps care about is the overpaid inside workers. Now get that fire warmed up, put on some beads, find your bong and you can join the CUPW hippies on the line for less than minimum wage.
Dec 13, 2016
714 posts
373 upvotes
frameworks wrote:
Jul 29th, 2018 6:54 pm
In my station, there is next to no talk about the possibility of a strike. We are small, under 15 routes, both regular carriers, part time routes and rmsc's. Inside workers go like mad to have mail ready in the morning for the carriers who are playing "beat the clock" Most full time letter carriers, work under 6 hours a day, so for them, everything is great. If necessary, they prep their flyers at the end of there day, and really cant complain. Winter, doesnt make much difference, they have all got ways to save time on their routes. Part timers and rsmc's, and inside workers, are the only ones living in the real world.
I think that’s kind of unrealistic. If you are doing it in 6 hours, you are hustling and not taking breaks. I’ve worked inside. I didnt **** around, I worked hard but I didn’t hustle the way I do outside if I get a chance of going home early.
Dec 13, 2016
714 posts
373 upvotes
stalbert1 wrote:
Jul 30th, 2018 1:48 pm
go ahead- strike for electric vehicles,charging stations and banking - and call me whatever makes you happy - typical your only response is to vote YES - yet even a fool knows the union is striking over garbage requests that letter carriers want no part of - we want the obvious - a raise, more money for flyers and better time values for parcels - easy cept all union reps care about is the overpaid inside workers. Now get that fire warmed up, put on some beads, find your bong and you can join the CUPW hippies on the line for less than minimum wage.
This makes no sense. You will 100% not get anything from voting no. You seem to want to do so to spite other people rather than improve your own situation.

Obviously all those points are being pushed by the union because it looks good to the public btw..
Apr 7, 2013
852 posts
487 upvotes
LONDON
jmomccxx wrote:
Jul 30th, 2018 3:11 pm
This makes no sense. You will 100% not get anything from voting no. You seem to want to do so to spite other people rather than improve your own situation.

Obviously all those points are being pushed by the union because it looks good to the public btw..
Look demands such as charging stations and electric vehicles are an embarrassment to us members. The only reason Canada Post has any electric vehicles now is political correctness. The hippies in CUPW should just form a political party, sing protest songs, tie themselves to trees and move on. We need a union that represents letter carriers.
Apr 7, 2013
852 posts
487 upvotes
LONDON
How come Purolator doesn’t have all these problems we have negotiating with Canada Post? Is it possible that the problem is with CUPW??
Dec 13, 2016
714 posts
373 upvotes
stalbert1 wrote:
Jul 30th, 2018 3:28 pm
Look demands such as charging stations and electric vehicles are an embarrassment to us members. The only reason Canada Post has any electric vehicles now is political correctness. The hippies in CUPW should just form a political party, sing protest songs, tie themselves to trees and move on. We need a union that represents letter carriers.
God. There is so much here. Political correctness refers to things like saying developmentally disabled instead of ********. It’s got nothing to do with electronic vehicles. I’m not sure where you are making the connection. I also haven’t heard anyone use the word hippy as a derogatory term or at all since .. the 80s? Is this some kind of elaborate troll?

These provisions are obviously meant to show that the union wants things other than just higher wages and whatever. It’s a PR thing.
Apr 7, 2013
852 posts
487 upvotes
LONDON
jmomccxx wrote:
Jul 30th, 2018 4:53 pm
God. There is so much here. Political correctness refers to things like saying developmentally disabled instead of ********. It’s got nothing to do with electronic vehicles. I’m not sure where you are making the connection. I also haven’t heard anyone use the word hippy as a derogatory term or at all since .. the 80s? Is this some kind of elaborate troll?

These provisions are obviously meant to show that the union wants things other than just higher wages and whatever. It’s a PR thing.
It’s not a PR thing but a stupid, time wasting, embarrassing one. What is the main concern of those who pay the ridiculous dues?Pouting Faceit sure a fu** isn’t electric vehicles, charging stations and banking. So FFS look at your members or we will soon get rid of you as a union.
May 21, 2013
800 posts
364 upvotes
Montreal
stalbert1 wrote:
Jul 30th, 2018 4:01 pm
How come Purolator doesn’t have all these problems we have negotiating with Canada Post? Is it possible that the problem is with CUPW??
They use Teamsters if I'm not mistaken.

ITS TIME FOR A CHANGE!
Aug 12, 2017
171 posts
56 upvotes
stalbert1 wrote:
Jul 30th, 2018 4:01 pm
because purolator doesn't have the profit drag of delivering letter mail

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 1 guest)

Progatron, ttthai