Careers

[Merged] Ask Me About Working For Canada Post

Dec 13, 2016
752 posts
385 upvotes
stalbert1 wrote: We did? Well let’s vote again. Personally I hope they turn it down. Canada Post locks us out and the sheep finally wake up when we return to work for a worse contract again. Btw it is normal in every company for new employees to make less than experienced one. Not at all unusual.
You must just be an absolute joy to be around lol.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 30, 2003
7500 posts
959 upvotes
Toronto
Helidaz wrote: Dumb question, but does the 1.5%/year increase replace the current yearly wage increase (that takes 7 years of full-time work to top out), or is it a cost-of-living adjustment added onto the current 7-year wage scale?
No we still get the annual increase.

Probably expect the union to call the 72 hour strike notice tomorrow.
Deal Addict
May 5, 2008
4986 posts
1703 upvotes
Winnipeg
UPS drivers will be making 4 dollars more an hour by 2020
Images
  • Screenshot_2018-08-16-16-47-52-1.png
Apr 6, 2018
83 posts
55 upvotes
leyland1989 wrote:
Some on-call employees are getting called only once or twice a week at this time of the year, and the union is taking half of their pay cheque away.
Lol. Pretty sure I had 1 shift in July, 3 shifts in Aug, and 3 shifts in Sept (1 of them a 5 hr shift). It should be changed but it's not really the right time to worry about it.
Aug 17, 2016
14 posts
6 upvotes
Longueuil
1.5 is really a joke.
Am I the only one feeling sorry about becoming permanent?
Jul 7, 2014
306 posts
229 upvotes
Burlington, ON
No you are not the only one. Most new hires are clueless, and anyone hired before Feb. 1 2013 will take whatever is offered out of fear of losing more than offered. The problem is there is a huge group of people that are not considered equal, anyone hired after Feb 1 2013 is not equal. Hopefully people start to wake up this time around. Its easy for senior co-workers to just take whats handed to them, if this goes for a vote oldtimers will accept because its easy. Just like the easy work they do. Better routes. Inside jobs. RSMC now make more than new hires too! Absolutely a garbage deeply insulting offer. 72 hours? Too bad its not 24 hours notice.
andreidaniel wrote: 1.5 is really a joke.
Am I the only one feeling sorry about becoming permanent?
Jul 7, 2014
306 posts
229 upvotes
Burlington, ON
Rsmc just got a 25% hike and now and additional 1.5% every year offered. At the very least increase urban new hires to match 'appendix A' seniority rates even on the new 2nd tier. What a load of BS
Sep 25, 2018
7 posts
dilbertojonesy wrote: Lol. Pretty sure I had 1 shift in July, 3 shifts in Aug, and 3 shifts in Sept (1 of them a 5 hr shift). It should be changed but it's not really the right time to worry about it.
i thought full timers took vacation in summer too? I wouldve thought casuals would get lots of work in summer?
Apr 6, 2018
83 posts
55 upvotes
KevinS276252 wrote: i thought full timers took vacation in summer too? I wouldve thought casuals would get lots of work in summer?
Lots of temps at my depot and I'm near bottom of list.

KevinS276252 wrote: term vs casual, whats the difference?
I think temp, term, casual are all just different names for the same thing.
Apr 30, 2015
857 posts
650 upvotes
York, ON
So has everyone seen the corporations complete crap counter offer?

Time to walk.
May 21, 2013
818 posts
368 upvotes
Montreal
Quick question currently been a letter carrier for 11 years. If I transfer to be a part time PO4 and then one day decide to become full time again. Am I able to re contribute those missing hours into my pension?

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)