• Last Updated:
  • Oct 14th, 2018 7:15 pm
Dec 5, 2013
117 posts
28 upvotes
andreidaniel wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2018 10:33 pm
1.5 is really a joke.
Am I the only one feeling sorry about becoming permanent?
WTF,1.5% 30 cents increase every year? ,If I gave a street beggar 30 cents,I think she or he would beat me up.
Canada Post treat us like trash ?
Apr 20, 2013
264 posts
113 upvotes
jmomccxx wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2018 7:52 pm
We already took a vote.

There is actually something interesting in this offer. That 1000 hours a year for terms.. of that backdates to feb.. I’m getting a raise I guess. Still not good enough but something.
If that 1000 hours thing goes through I'm filing a grievance for every hour I worked from the start of 2014 till October 2016 (which is when I got FT). I'd be much closer to top wage by now!
Dec 23, 2011
134 posts
46 upvotes
toronto
1.5% wage increase is less than inflation, minimum wage here we come!

for the corp to send a letter to my home like that is a slap on the face. It's like someone lowball a 200k offer for your house when it retails for 400k on the market.

I'll accept it under some real severe mention distress, which the firm causes plenty of.
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2008
1258 posts
223 upvotes
Oshawa
jonny_fishead wrote:
Oct 5th, 2018 10:28 am
Sad thing is if it went to a vote it would probably pass.
That’s true, feels like most would pass it if it was status quo Loudly Crying Face
Apr 7, 2013
443 posts
172 upvotes
LONDON
No mail and few parcels in depot today - instead of banking maybe CUPW should conduct a study on bankruptcy...Winking Face
Dec 13, 2016
323 posts
115 upvotes
stalbert1 wrote:
Oct 5th, 2018 3:39 pm
No mail and few parcels in depot today - instead of banking maybe CUPW should conduct a study on bankruptcy...Winking Face
You guys didn’t get mail? Maybe you went to the wrong building.
Aug 22, 2010
116 posts
37 upvotes
Very light mail today. Anyone notice how we barely had any amazon parcels this week? Seen more independent couriers delivering the amazon parcels on my walk this week. Guess they are anticipating a strike.
Dec 13, 2016
323 posts
115 upvotes
icexman83 wrote:
Oct 5th, 2018 5:46 pm
Very light mail today. Anyone notice how we barely had any amazon parcels this week? Seen more independent couriers delivering the amazon parcels on my walk this week. Guess they are anticipating a strike.
Yea, mail seemed light today. Although I had a ton of bills so I still had pretty high coverage.

They had a team meeting and told us that parcels being low is the reason for no OT on Monday so I guess it must be low.. I haven’t noticed that though.

If I had a business that relied on parcels, I’d worry about a strike and maybe switch as well. I don’t see why they wouldn’t come back though so I’m not super worried.
Sep 27, 2015
71 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I got Enbridge today, but parcels were light, like half the amount of my usual day.

Mail and parcels volume were up & down, vice versa, unpredictable since Mid-September.
Banned
Oct 4, 2018
15 posts
1 upvote
What's the latest on the strike?

Can't really trust the media- conflicting reports from various sources.

Is there a slow down or work to rule or something going on by the CP employees?

Or some weird crap being pulled up by the CP management to further provoke the employees?
Jun 25, 2010
518 posts
104 upvotes
macboy wrote:
Oct 5th, 2018 8:32 pm
What's the latest on the strike?

Can't really trust the media- conflicting reports from various sources.

Is there a slow down or work to rule or something going on by the CP employees?

Or some weird crap being pulled up by the CP management to further provoke the employees?
https://www.cupw.ca/en/happy-thanksgiving
May 21, 2013
771 posts
336 upvotes
Montreal
tarjet wrote:
Oct 4th, 2018 7:54 pm
Aren't you the guy always bashing inside workers? lmao
Yup lmao, got another job offer and going with it.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)