Careers

[Merged] Ask Me About Working For Canada Post

Apr 7, 2013
770 posts
401 upvotes
LONDON
ksimms3 wrote:
Oct 6th, 2018 9:43 am
Yup lmao, got another job offer and going with it.
Wise man , CUPW is attempting to bankrupt Canada Post!
May 21, 2013
798 posts
361 upvotes
Montreal
stalbert1 wrote:
Oct 6th, 2018 10:16 am
Wise man , CUPW is attempting to bankrupt Canada Post!
It wasn't so much that just after 11 years with the company, I feel less and less appreciated along with the toxic relationship with CUPW and CPC. I much rather invest my energy in another company.
Apr 7, 2013
770 posts
401 upvotes
LONDON
ksimms3 wrote:
Oct 6th, 2018 11:01 am
It wasn't so much that just after 11 years with the company, I feel less and less appreciated along with the toxic relationship with CUPW and CPC. I much rather invest my energy in another company.
So true. Canada Post and CUPW are like an angry married couple bickering non stop driving their children crazy when they obviously need to separate and free everyone from their miserable lives.
Jul 31, 2017
399 posts
118 upvotes
Here is a question - how can my mailman get away with not delivering mail on Thursdays? I am not talking once in a while, I mean every week. And I don't mean that I don't receive mail, I mean that nobody does and his truck never even shows up (he parks a few houses away and I see it on the other days, but not Thursdays).
Apr 7, 2013
770 posts
401 upvotes
LONDON
SkynyrdsInyrds wrote:
Oct 6th, 2018 2:22 pm
Here is a question - how can my mailman get away with not delivering mail on Thursdays? I am not talking once in a while, I mean every week. And I don't mean that I don't receive mail, I mean that nobody does and his truck never even shows up (he parks a few houses away and I see it on the other days, but not Thursdays).
He can’t. Call in a complaint and a supervisor will conduct an investigation. If true, dismissal will follow in short order.
Apr 7, 2013
770 posts
401 upvotes
LONDON
jmomccxx wrote:
Oct 7th, 2018 2:24 pm
That stinks of lobbying by private courier companies.
Stinks of our government being influenced by their corporate masters.
Jan 5, 2014
215 posts
228 upvotes
Addresses are hard..…
Baby steps towards our Amazon enslavement... This is the end game for CP
Apr 21, 2018
95 posts
16 upvotes
Dumb question probably... but what exactly does a postal clerk do? On a scale of a 1-10 how easy is the job?
Aug 22, 2010
181 posts
68 upvotes
BostonM wrote:
Oct 7th, 2018 6:10 pm
Dumb question probably... but what exactly does a postal clerk do? On a scale of a 1-10 how easy is the job?
In comparision to a Letter Carrier, 10 being the easiest I would say 10 out of 10.

Duties involve sitting on your butt and dragging your feet while looking busy...
Deal Fanatic
Jan 30, 2006
9307 posts
791 upvotes
Vancouver
SkynyrdsInyrds wrote:
Oct 6th, 2018 2:22 pm
Do you follow him? Stalk him? How do you know the mail isn't being delivered?
Dec 21, 2007
714 posts
328 upvotes
moncton
RSMCs are in a pretty good position. They don't have to fight or strike for their pay raise, if they get less than us they can simply pull the discrimination card. If they were smart they would never join with the urban union, so long as they have 55% women that is.
Dec 13, 2016
671 posts
357 upvotes
So, we should have worked yesterday.

Our depot looks like Christmas right now.
Jul 31, 2017
399 posts
118 upvotes
trellaine201 wrote:
Oct 8th, 2018 4:43 pm
Do you follow him? Stalk him? How do you know the mail isn't being delivered?

As I said above, I see his truck every day as it is parked a few houses away but never see it on Thursdays. And since I don't work until late afternoon Thursdays I am usually outside in the morning doing stuff in the yard, garage, etc. and he never shows up on those days. It has been happening for so long that it is now a running joke among the neighbors.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

SpeedyLC