Careers

[Merged] Ask Me About Working For Canada Post

Dec 13, 2016
750 posts
385 upvotes
PO4Temp wrote:
Oct 10th, 2018 8:43 pm
Thank you for the reply and the information.

I don't think my seniority is high enough. It's November 2017. I have the -near- conviction that it won't get me anywhere in Gateway. I still

The reason I am reluctant to take PT PO4 in BC is because I don't know when can I then transfer to Gateway? My family has already moved to Toronto since the kids had to. I don't want as PT PO4 to stay a year here in BC before joining them. In the same time, I don't know if a casual rate of work at Gateway will be sufficient to support a family !

Thanks for the advice nonetheless. I will try to find the Seniority lists if possible.
I transferred as a term and it was near instantaneous. My staffing person basically just had to find the number of her counterpart in a different zone across the country.

If you need to move because your family needs to move, then that might be way to go. Obviously there will be no guaruntees about work though.
Oct 9, 2018
7 posts
jmomccxx wrote:
Oct 11th, 2018 11:33 am
I transferred as a term and it was near instantaneous. My staffing person basically just had to find the number of her counterpart in a different zone across the country.

If you need to move because your family needs to move, then that might be way to go. Obviously there will be no guaruntees about work though.
Thank you jmomccxx for sharing the insight. I wonder if transfer as PT - PO4 would be much slower though. Any ideas? Thanks again.
Dec 13, 2016
750 posts
385 upvotes
PO4Temp wrote:
Oct 11th, 2018 11:42 am
Thank you jmomccxx for sharing the insight. I wonder if transfer as PT - PO4 would be much slower though. Any ideas? Thanks again.
I have no idea tbh. I transferred as a letter carrier.
Oct 9, 2018
7 posts
jmomccxx wrote:
Oct 11th, 2018 12:06 pm
I have no idea tbh. I transferred as a letter carrier.
Thank you again jmomccxx for your time and reply nonetheless. Much appreciated.
Jul 14, 2013
120 posts
35 upvotes
FrankW77994 wrote:
Oct 10th, 2018 7:31 pm
even if you had a phone number the supervisor was never in the office, and if he was he would view a ringing phone like superman looks at kryptonite
Lol. This is exactly the response at our depot. If you call and actually get a supervisor it's like winning the lottery.
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
11585 posts
2984 upvotes
GTA
fishingaddict17 wrote:
Oct 11th, 2018 3:26 pm
Lol. This is exactly the response at our depot. If you call and actually get a supervisor it's like winning the lottery.
Then straight away call the control line. Supervisors get in shit when this happens.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jun 25, 2010
581 posts
135 upvotes
Hugh Jass wrote:
Oct 11th, 2018 4:12 pm
Then straight away call the control line. Supervisors get in shit when this happens.
^^ this.
Call APC. They will have to answer the phone.
Dec 13, 2016
750 posts
385 upvotes
Hugh Jass wrote:
Oct 11th, 2018 4:12 pm
Pjtipps wrote:
Oct 11th, 2018 8:46 pm
Here we go. I already do about 20 medical deliveries a week. How many next week and the week after.
1.5% what a b* slap

https://ottawacitizen.com/cannabis/cann ... veries/amp
I’m not sure if the same is happening in bc but we did get all this info we had to read on delivering it and checking ids and whatever.

Is anyone else worried about safety? Do you think people are going to try to rob us? I know the packages are ‘discreet’, but people will work our quickly that the 19+ on the packageing means something good is inside.
Jul 7, 2014
304 posts
229 upvotes
Burlington, ON
Trucks may get broken into. I dont see many robberies or muggings.

How many provinces are only using CP? Weed deliveries alone will cover wage increases for the next 4 years. Estimated sales of 10billion the first year? With almost no stores? Thats a lot of deliveries.
jmomccxx wrote:
Oct 11th, 2018 9:56 pm
I’m not sure if the same is happening in bc but we did get all this info we had to read on delivering it and checking ids and whatever.

Is anyone else worried about safety? Do you think people are going to try to rob us? I know the packages are ‘discreet’, but people will work our quickly that the 19+ on the packageing means something good is inside.
Dec 13, 2016
750 posts
385 upvotes
Pjtipps wrote:
Oct 11th, 2018 10:02 pm
Trucks may get broken into. I dont see many robberies or muggings.

How many provinces are only using CP? Weed deliveries alone will cover wage increases for the next 4 years. Estimated sales of 10billion the first year? With almost no stores? Thats a lot of deliveries.
I don’t see how we don’t dominate this market. It seems set up for us.
Deal Addict
Jun 17, 2009
1635 posts
138 upvotes
onatrio
im already on an over assessed route, im guessing atleast half an hour extra a day just on deliveries of weed in the coming weeks, by the time a customer has to sign etc or if not home card it..its going to be crazy..no extra time value , that's for sure
Pjtipps wrote:
Oct 11th, 2018 8:46 pm
Here we go. I already do about 20 medical deliveries a week. How many next week and the week after.
1.5% what a b* slap

https://ottawacitizen.com/cannabis/cann ... veries/amp
Deal Addict
May 5, 2008
4824 posts
1523 upvotes
Winnipeg
Another cupw smoke show
http://www.deliveringcommunitypower.ca/ ... ost_office
“This isn’t just about wages and benefits – postal workers are negotiating for climate leadership and expanded services that improve the lives of everyone in this country,” said Megan Whitfield, CUPW Toronto Local President.

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 2 guests)

sunvv