Careers

[Merged] Ask Me About Working For Canada Post

Dec 13, 2016
670 posts
357 upvotes
Hugh Jass wrote:
Oct 11th, 2018 4:12 pm
Then straight away call the control line. Supervisors get in shit when this happens.
Pjtipps wrote:
Oct 11th, 2018 8:46 pm
Here we go. I already do about 20 medical deliveries a week. How many next week and the week after.
1.5% what a b* slap

https://ottawacitizen.com/cannabis/cann ... veries/amp
I’m not sure if the same is happening in bc but we did get all this info we had to read on delivering it and checking ids and whatever.

Is anyone else worried about safety? Do you think people are going to try to rob us? I know the packages are ‘discreet’, but people will work our quickly that the 19+ on the packageing means something good is inside.
Jul 7, 2014
293 posts
217 upvotes
Burlington, ON
Trucks may get broken into. I dont see many robberies or muggings.

How many provinces are only using CP? Weed deliveries alone will cover wage increases for the next 4 years. Estimated sales of 10billion the first year? With almost no stores? Thats a lot of deliveries.
jmomccxx wrote:
Oct 11th, 2018 9:56 pm
I’m not sure if the same is happening in bc but we did get all this info we had to read on delivering it and checking ids and whatever.

Is anyone else worried about safety? Do you think people are going to try to rob us? I know the packages are ‘discreet’, but people will work our quickly that the 19+ on the packageing means something good is inside.
Dec 13, 2016
670 posts
357 upvotes
Pjtipps wrote:
Oct 11th, 2018 10:02 pm
Trucks may get broken into. I dont see many robberies or muggings.

How many provinces are only using CP? Weed deliveries alone will cover wage increases for the next 4 years. Estimated sales of 10billion the first year? With almost no stores? Thats a lot of deliveries.
I don’t see how we don’t dominate this market. It seems set up for us.
Deal Addict
Jun 17, 2009
1548 posts
122 upvotes
onatrio
im already on an over assessed route, im guessing atleast half an hour extra a day just on deliveries of weed in the coming weeks, by the time a customer has to sign etc or if not home card it..its going to be crazy..no extra time value , that's for sure
Pjtipps wrote:
Oct 11th, 2018 8:46 pm
Here we go. I already do about 20 medical deliveries a week. How many next week and the week after.
1.5% what a b* slap

https://ottawacitizen.com/cannabis/cann ... veries/amp
Deal Addict
May 5, 2008
4517 posts
1208 upvotes
Winnipeg
Another cupw smoke show
http://www.deliveringcommunitypower.ca/ ... ost_office
“This isn’t just about wages and benefits – postal workers are negotiating for climate leadership and expanded services that improve the lives of everyone in this country,” said Megan Whitfield, CUPW Toronto Local President.
Apr 7, 2013
767 posts
400 upvotes
LONDON
airmail wrote:
Oct 11th, 2018 11:43 pm
Another cupw smoke show
http://www.deliveringcommunitypower.ca/ ... ost_office
“This isn’t just about wages and benefits – postal workers are negotiating for climate leadership and expanded services that improve the lives of everyone in this country,” said Megan Whitfield, CUPW Toronto Local President.
we are supporting a wannabe political party - how many millions would this CUPW dream cost? I guess they can just have us deliver flyers for free to help with their dream.....
Deal Addict
May 5, 2008
4517 posts
1208 upvotes
Winnipeg
stalbert1 wrote:
Oct 12th, 2018 7:00 am
we are supporting a wannabe political party - how many millions would this CUPW dream cost? I guess they can just have us deliver flyers for free to help with their dream.....
And this is why they don't have a contract...cupw is more concerned with world peace...how do u negotiate with that
Oct 11, 2018
130 posts
80 upvotes
My first post, and I have been reading a ton of this thread. I know, newb here, but I go for my interview in Stoney Creek next week. Any pointers? I took the advice of a friend of mine who is a temp in St. Catharines (where we live) who told me to apply to Hamilton as it was the fastest route to FT. I just recently lost my job as a project manager for a software company and I need something that I can do until I retire. I am 42 now and have a wife and two amazing children. Can anyone confirm that applying to Hamilton was a smart move to fast-track as much as I can to get to FT?

Also, I see a lot of contempt here for CUPW. Have you all really lost your faith in the union? I have never worked in a union environment before.

Thanks in advance for any insight you can offer.
Dec 13, 2016
670 posts
357 upvotes
pike18 wrote:
Oct 12th, 2018 8:45 pm
Because CPC won’t meet our demands? What exactly do you want to happen?
He wants to endlessly complain about the union from literally every angle possible.
Apr 7, 2013
767 posts
400 upvotes
LONDON
pike18 wrote:
Because CPC won’t meet our demands? What exactly do you want to happen?
Who the **** demanded CUPW using our dues for its political aspirations? Maybe fools like you I’d guess.
Jun 20, 2016
63 posts
44 upvotes
there's no reason to be hurling insults. express your point respectfully and it should be respected. no one of us or all of us here will have any sway over where the leadership decides to take us. so the hostility is unnecessary.
FWIW my take is notice will be given sunday night/monday morning 001 hours. when legal weed orders gets caught in the mail it will maximize public pressure to resolve this thing quicker by agreeing to more union demands.
May 2, 2012
770 posts
394 upvotes
STONEY CREEK
stalbert1 wrote:
Oct 12th, 2018 10:26 pm
Who the **** demanded CUPW using our dues for its political aspirations? Maybe fools like you I’d guess.
I’m not sure what you mean specifically, but I would assume because it is in the constitution and unions normally operate as social justice warrior allies. I don’t necessarily agree with that, but it’s kind of baked into the union cake. If I felt strongly enough about it, there’s a process which could be followed to attempt to overturn it.
Deal Addict
Jun 17, 2009
1548 posts
122 upvotes
onatrio
At Our Depot we just had someone transfer back to our depot from Hamilton..Hamilton depot downtown...she said it was terrible..the route she was on had 1500 door to door points of call...was taking her 12 hours a day....so she tansfered back to our depot even though she lives in Hamilton..so the 45 minute commute is still worth it...I see you were a project manager ,,my wife is a project manager making over 100 k...she left a company in Burlington that is hiring project managers..if you want send me a pm if interested in that company
personally would not go the canada post route as things are getting worse and worse....
ocallaghand wrote:
My first post, and I have been reading a ton of this thread. I know, newb here, but I go for my interview in Stoney Creek next week. Any pointers? I took the advice of a friend of mine who is a temp in St. Catharines (where we live) who told me to apply to Hamilton as it was the fastest route to FT. I just recently lost my job as a project manager for a software company and I need something that I can do until I retire. I am 42 now and have a wife and two amazing children. Can anyone confirm that applying to Hamilton was a smart move to fast-track as much as I can to get to FT?

Also, I see a lot of contempt here for CUPW. Have you all really lost your faith in the union? I have never worked in a union environment before.

Thanks in advance for any insight you can offer.

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (3 members and 0 guests)

mikebc, dilbertojonesy, your best bet