Careers

[Merged] Ask Me About Working For Canada Post

Dec 13, 2016
742 posts
381 upvotes
stalbert1 wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 3:14 pm
Cmon read the Marxist unions bulletins- it’s in there. Sometimes even they get it rightThumbs Up Sign
I super regret getting a history degree.. but at least I understand what Marxism is.
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
11295 posts
2696 upvotes
GTA
ocallaghand wrote:
Nov 7th, 2018 4:54 pm
Got the letter about the snowflake boot reimbursement today, but it doesn't list how you receive that reimbursement. I am a new term, still in class, but will be taking full advantage.
No brainer, great boots at a great price.

Ask your instructor. They'll probably tell you to ask your supervisor when you get to your first station after training. Permanent employees get 20% off, whipdeedoo.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Apr 7, 2013
868 posts
500 upvotes
LONDON
jmomccxx wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 3:33 pm
I super regret getting a history degree.. but at least I understand what Marxism is.
Face With Tears Of Joy as if I believe that one brother.
Dec 13, 2016
742 posts
381 upvotes
stalbert1 wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 3:42 pm
Face With Tears Of Joy as if I believe that one brother.
Sadly, it is so on both counts.

I actually know quite a bit about Marxism and communism. I did whole modules on both of them. They are interesting topics but not super employable unless you want to teach or something, which I do not. I wish I did a trade.

I did combined English lit and history so I’m also available if you want to talk about James Joyce or flann o brien, or gothic novels.
Apr 7, 2013
868 posts
500 upvotes
LONDON
jmomccxx wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 3:50 pm
Sadly, it is so on both counts.

I actually know quite a bit about Marxism and communism. I did whole modules on both of them. They are interesting topics but not super employable unless you want to teach or something, which I do not. I wish I did a trade.
Hindsight sucks- cause most of us have similar stories and regretsThumbs Up Sign
This where we are now, best to enjoy it.

Life is to short for worrying about what might have been.
Dec 21, 2007
770 posts
358 upvotes
moncton
Mailmanwill wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 3:19 pm
My letter says it’s a grievance from 2011. The payment will be coded 1814 with the reference N00-10-00001. Also it mentions you had to be employed June 27 2011 at 20h30. The letter was from Human Resources-Ann Thérèse MacEachrn
Is that when the illegal back to work legislation was used?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 30, 2006
9791 posts
993 upvotes
Vancouver
Mailmanwill wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 2:40 pm
Went in to work this morning after our one day off without pay in the Quebec City area not looking forward to having full coverage with two days worth of mail and two thirds of flyers to do with a bit of Canadian Tire to finish off. At 7:30 the office was flooded with new temps and relief carriers to take 1/3 off of all foot walks! Carriers with vans could leave 1/3! Then when I checked the mail...CP is going to pay out an extra 707.96$ on the 15 November pay! Am I dreaming?
Huh?
Oct 11, 2018
221 posts
126 upvotes
Just completed the 4th day of training today. We were told that there may be an issue with our on-street next week as the Union doesn't necessarily have to train us as that falls outside of their normal day-to-day duties. I really hope that's not the case and we have to wait to do the on-street portion. I want to get working!!!

We were told we would find out tomorrow.
Apr 30, 2015
812 posts
595 upvotes
York, ON
The union has no position on that. It's up to the individual if they want to volunteer to train people or not. For obvious reasons not many employees really feel like doing the corporation any favors at this moment in time.
Apr 7, 2013
868 posts
500 upvotes
LONDON
ocallaghand wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 4:52 pm
Just completed the 4th day of training today. We were told that there may be an issue with our on-street next week as the Union doesn't necessarily have to train us as that falls outside of their normal day-to-day duties. I really hope that's not the case and we have to wait to do the on-street portion. I want to get working!!!

We were told we would find out tomorrow.
Don’t fret, most trainers will step up to the plate and help you out. The union wants you on board so they can suck $90 a month for you ASAP.
Oct 11, 2018
221 posts
126 upvotes
tarjet wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 4:53 pm
The union has no position on that. It's up to the individual if they want to volunteer to train people or not. For obvious reasons not many employees really feel like doing the corporation any favors at this moment in time.
Or I guess as an individual with an opportunity to train, you could look at it from an angle like you may get some help on your route. Without OT, is there much chance new terms even get some hours to work?
Sep 20, 2018
88 posts
85 upvotes
trellaine201 wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 4:24 pm
Good! Get these parties negotiating and not continue to hold each other cause of things that happened in the 1980s. Down to business!
Trudeau says “But if we don’t see significant resolution shortly, all options will be on the table for resolving this.”

As in back to work legislation??
Apr 7, 2013
868 posts
500 upvotes
LONDON
RSMC1234 wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 5:08 pm
Trudeau says “But if we don’t see significant resolution shortly, all options will be on the table for resolving this.”

As in back to work legislation??
It’s absolutely ridiculous that with various mediators and no doubt a fortune spent that arbitration hasn’t already been agreed upon.

I’m quite sure that the rotating strikes is doing little beside costing you and I money and pissing off customers. Canada Post is saving money right now.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)