22 upvotes
Toronto
Damn union so useless...at this time last year we all be doing rdo

Union screwed us over ..not cpc
Jun 26, 2018
25 posts
21 upvotes
Toronto West
This upcoming week will be interesting. I’m sure many routes will fall (further) behind.
Trudeau has threatened our collective bargaining actions.
The mediator predictably failed.
CUPW has threatened to take the rotating strike to the next level.

It’s stressful living through this dude. Like, kumbuyah and hold hands and let’s all just agree to hook up the workers and move on.
Jul 2, 2018
151 posts
98 upvotes
Dan8142 wrote:
Nov 12th, 2018 6:11 pm
This upcoming week will be interesting. I’m sure many routes will fall (further) behind.
I'm curious: When things are as backed up as they are getting now, is there still a priority assigned to parcels based on their shipping type, once you do tackle those piles? For example does an Xpresspost parcel still get through before the plain old mail, or does the priority go out the window during rotating strikes?
Dec 13, 2016
750 posts
385 upvotes
Vancouver plant has been down all weekend? Even if they start back up tomorrow, still a slow day right? Assuming the rest of the lower mainland doesn’t go down as well.
May 22, 2015
814 posts
979 upvotes
Vancouver
Progatron wrote:
Nov 12th, 2018 6:26 pm
I'm curious: When things are as backed up as they are getting now, is there still a priority assigned to parcels based on their shipping type, once you do tackle those piles? For example does an Xpresspost parcel still get through before the plain old mail, or does the priority go out the window during rotating strikes?
I noticed that Expresspost (1st class) now show up on the PDT download as a priority. Expedited (2nd class) still has a 3-5 day guarantee but they're not issuing refunds for late shipping during the strike.

So I assume the new priority is: CMB /SLB clearance scan > Flyer section > Register/Priority/First class parcel > 2nd class parcel > Regular / no scan parcel > 1st & 2nd class lettermail > publications / flats then 3rd class adressed admail.

Honestly, **** it, prioritize CMB's and flyers, switch to parcels only around 5 hours in if your clearances are done, put non scan apartnent panels and door to door on a 3 day rotation. This week is gonna be brutal if you're in BC and Alberta, especially if they strike the depots mid week and keep the plant running. Thank god there's no snow or ice yet.
Nov 11, 2018
7 posts
5 upvotes
Your text to link here...

Not sure if I'm reading this right, but if you go to section 108.1 (1) in the above link, it looks like the Labour Minister can decide to let the members of the Union vote on the last offer the corporation presented. Would that not be better than being legislated back to work and getting an even worse offer?
Nov 12, 2017
194 posts
192 upvotes
jmomccxx wrote:
Nov 12th, 2018 6:29 pm
Vancouver plant has been down all weekend? Even if they start back up tomorrow, still a slow day right? Assuming the rest of the lower mainland doesn’t go down as well.
If they don't go back by midnight, I'm sure the entire west coast is only going to deliver whatever had arrived the depot.
Parcels and admail shouldn't be affected.
dilbertojonesy wrote:
Nov 12th, 2018 6:21 pm
So are evening/nightshift workers getting the same hourly as day shift now?
Yes,
Anything other than your base wage is gone.
No shift premium, no gloves allowance, no 4% in lieu, etc.
Oct 23, 2017
132 posts
57 upvotes
leyland1989 wrote:
Nov 12th, 2018 8:28 pm
If they don't go back by midnight, I'm sure the entire west coast is only going to deliver whatever had arrived the depot.
Parcels and admail shouldn't be affected.

Yes,
Anything other than your base wage is gone.
No shift premium, no gloves allowance, no 4% in lieu, etc.
Is this because there is no current contract?
I was told I would be getting $1.40 per hour for night premium.
Jun 20, 2016
97 posts
62 upvotes
yeah, you would be making that and others a whole host of other items but for the fact we are working without a contract.

that's what you get when you sign a blank cheque for cupw
Sep 20, 2018
88 posts
85 upvotes
bonaire wrote:
Nov 12th, 2018 9:00 pm
Is this because there is no current contract?
I was told I would be getting $1.40 per hour for night premium.
$1.40 night shift premium, what a joke. So an extra $11 a day for a shift that’ll take years off your life, just insulting.

In my previous life they used to pay a 50% premium for night shift and 33.3% for rotating 3 shifts.
Jun 20, 2016
97 posts
62 upvotes
RSMC1234 wrote:
Nov 12th, 2018 9:40 pm
$1.40 night shift premium, what a joke. So an extra $11 a day for a shift that’ll take years off your life, just insulting.

In my previous life they used to pay a 50% premium for night shift and 33.3% for rotating 3 shifts.
go back then
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2014
1698 posts
1252 upvotes
at the chiropractors
Progatron wrote:
Nov 12th, 2018 6:26 pm
operationally, things are the same. If there is somebody working, priority is handled first....
Sometimes the truth hurts. The other times it hurts worse....
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2014
1698 posts
1252 upvotes
at the chiropractors
Dude31 wrote:
Nov 12th, 2018 8:14 pm
Your text to link here...

Not sure if I'm reading this right, but if you go to section 108.1 (1) in the above link, it looks like the Labour Minister can decide to let the members of the Union vote on the last offer the corporation presented. Would that not be better than being legislated back to work and getting an even worse offer?
You can only force a vote on a final offer once.....
Sometimes the truth hurts. The other times it hurts worse....