Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2014
1546 posts
1140 upvotes
at the chiropractors
Dude31 wrote:
Nov 12th, 2018 8:14 pm
Your text to link here...

Not sure if I'm reading this right, but if you go to section 108.1 (1) in the above link, it looks like the Labour Minister can decide to let the members of the Union vote on the last offer the corporation presented. Would that not be better than being legislated back to work and getting an even worse offer?
You can only force a vote on a final offer once.....
Sometimes the truth hurts. The other times it hurts worse....
Nov 24, 2017
20 posts
24 upvotes
GTA
Tomorrow is going to be stellar. The regular buildup of a 3-day weekend compounded with at least 2 days backlog of cumulative manual + sequenced due to the current no-OT protocol.

Lots of work, lots of laughs, lots of parcel mountains spilling off carts. Lots of temps wandering around who don’t know how to navigate PDTs and can't get in the building while they're loading their trucks because they don't have ID cards.

I sincerely hope appropriate pressure is being applied to the Corp, although somehow I don’t imagine corporate executives wringing their hands with anxiety and saying, “Wow, look how much stuff is building up, we were really wrong about this all along, these guys are definitely getting the shaft, I guess we should re-think our current position?”

Who knows what’s actually going on. I hope we win. Have a good Tuesday everybody
May 22, 2015
547 posts
716 upvotes
Vancouver
I'm kind of disappointed we didn't get locked out, this week is gonna suuuuck.
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2014
1546 posts
1140 upvotes
at the chiropractors
Vancouver plant was off for 3 days? I still think it is grossly unfair for the plant workers to be taking the brunt. Sick.
Sometimes the truth hurts. The other times it hurts worse....
Dec 13, 2016
742 posts
381 upvotes
BostonM wrote:
Nov 13th, 2018 1:59 am
Is PPC back to work?
According to the website, they aren’t. It could still change tonight or tomorrow morning tho.

Cupw.ca
Apr 21, 2018
99 posts
16 upvotes
jmomccxx wrote:
Nov 13th, 2018 2:04 am
According to the website, they aren’t. It could still change tonight or tomorrow morning tho.

Cupw.ca
Likelihood? I'm surprised they've been out this long so far.
Nov 7, 2017
103 posts
9 upvotes
liquid231 wrote:
Nov 11th, 2018 3:26 am
Hello, I have received a Christmas Temporary Postal Clerk position with Canada Post. I am yet to start. Can someone brief me on what to expect? In terms, what exactly I will be doing during this temporary term. Can this contract be renewed or extended? Are there any chances for summer jobs with Canada post since I'm a student? Do I get to pick the time I can go for work or the work times are fixed for me? I will be glad if you can add any other information that will greatly help. Thanks in advance!
I also a christmas temp postal clerk. However, I have yet to get the offer as currently security stage. Which location are you at?

I think your HR rep should explain the times you get in.
Dec 4, 2005
175 posts
59 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
The last time PPC was on strike, it went on for 39 hours. It's been 74.5 hours so far this time around.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 30, 2003
7291 posts
738 upvotes
Toronto
This is it, the union is going to make a strong push and force cp to lock us out.

With several plants out of commission, and Vancouver out a long while. It's gonna hit cp hard.
Mar 22, 2012
569 posts
278 upvotes
By the River
mikebc wrote:
Nov 13th, 2018 12:59 am
I'm kind of disappointed we didn't get locked out, this week is gonna suuuuck.
I like knowing exactly when I'm starting and when I'm finishing. This no o.t is great. If I spend an hour or two collating flyers, I end up just taking stuff that fits in cmb's. All large or signature items are left behind.
I don't take advantage of it and take all business parcels regardless.
There are still about 30 parcels left from lasts week debacle and I look forward to collating 9 sets of flyers for 450 POC this morning. I will be leaving the majority of parcels and all signature items for sure today.
Aug 22, 2010
211 posts
96 upvotes
PCDawg wrote:
Nov 13th, 2018 7:03 am
This is it, the union is going to make a strong push and force cp to lock us out.

With several plants out of commission, and Vancouver out a long while. It's gonna hit cp hard.
If we get locked out this week I think the government will put us back to work just before black friday.
Dec 13, 2016
742 posts
381 upvotes
icexman83 wrote:
Nov 13th, 2018 8:21 am
If we get locked out this week I think the government will put us back to work just before black friday.
I don’t really understand how lockouts work but why wouldn’t they just do it right away?
Oct 26, 2018
29 posts
15 upvotes
Do Temps usually join the picket line? I just finished my first week on the job at 66 Ray. Im assuming a Toronto Local strike means my depot is out of of my commission today. Whats the strike etiquette for a greenhorn like me? Should I bring a sandwhich platter or a couple dozen donuts?