Careers

[Merged] Ask Me About Working For Canada Post

Apr 12, 2011
665 posts
534 upvotes
Etobicoke
stalbert1 wrote:
Nov 19th, 2018 5:38 pm
Why would I leave? I’m good at my job. Whether I’ve done foot walks or CMBs I’ve always finished in less than 8 hours.

You're carding everything without knocking, aren't you... Making us all look bad, thanks!
stalbert1 wrote:
Nov 19th, 2018 5:38 pm
Perhaps this job is not suitable for you. Have you ever considered a career change?
I'm fit, and I too can finish most walks in under 8 hours. But when CP EXPECTS me to deliver 10 sets of flyers, 100+ parcels and all the mail on a daily basis.. sorry but I'm siding with my union on this one. I'd like to still be good at my job when I'm 50+.
Last edited by fishscale4sale on Nov 19th, 2018 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apr 7, 2013
868 posts
500 upvotes
LONDON
fishscale4sale wrote:
Nov 19th, 2018 5:40 pm
You're carding everything without knocking, aren't you... Making us all look bad, thanks!
Uhh no, anybody doing that should be fired- oh and CUPW would be right there defending the scammer

Are you considering a career change yet?
Jul 2, 2018
155 posts
100 upvotes
So now the government is hinting that they will allow a few more days for these two parties to reach an agreement? It's looking pretty grim now.
Apr 12, 2011
665 posts
534 upvotes
Etobicoke
stalbert1 wrote:
Nov 19th, 2018 5:43 pm
Uhh no, anybody doing that should be fired- oh and CUPW would be right there defending the scammer

Are you considering a career change yet?
Not considering just yet. Could you give me some tips on how you finished early today? Thanks 'brother'
Apr 7, 2013
868 posts
500 upvotes
LONDON
fishscale4sale wrote:
Nov 19th, 2018 5:54 pm
Not considering just yet. Could you give me some tips on how you finished early today? Thanks 'brother'
There’s 2 keys to this job

1. Get the hell out of the depot ASAP
Sort in as little as possible and once all scannables are ready start delivering.

2. Memorize everything on your route. After a couple of months on a route you should know what’s inside each CMB so you don’t waste time numbering every scannable.

Do the above and you will always finish on time- with the exception of Christmas overload.

Of course, this doesn’t apply for relief- they should finish late and grab ot or ask for help.
Apr 12, 2011
665 posts
534 upvotes
Etobicoke
stalbert1 wrote:
Nov 19th, 2018 5:58 pm

Sort in as little as possible and once all scannables are ready start delivering.

2. Memorize everything on your route. After a couple of months on a route you should know what’s inside each CMB so you don’t waste time numbering every scannable.

Do the above and you will always finish on time- with the exception of Christmas overload.

Of course, this doesn’t apply for relief- they should finish late and grab ot or ask for help.
Terrible advice. But thanks for the effort. Sounds like what our supervisors tell to the brand new terms. Useless info.
Last edited by fishscale4sale on Nov 19th, 2018 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 13, 2016
750 posts
385 upvotes
stalbert1 wrote:

Number 2 doesn’t take a couple of months and at least at my depot you have to wait until 25 minutes after I’m ready to go.
Deal Addict
Jun 17, 2009
1641 posts
140 upvotes
onatrio
don't think you can finish my route early
500 houses cmbs and 500 businesses mostly drop offs...start time 7am ..last call according to headed 9.30 but always late truck , so last call 10 am..rpo pickup in morning...and because too much parcels at rpo..they added a 2.30 rpo clearance to the route for convenvenience...by the time you get back from depot to put where rpo parcels go..its 2.45...all this without a break or lunch...love to change your route for mine......and im a runner...... the
stalbert1 wrote:

Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2014
1720 posts
1279 upvotes
at the chiropractors
Canada Post Rejects our Offers and Wants a Cooling-Off Period!
Share This
Monday November 19 2018
2015-2019/456
no. 62
On Monday, November 19, Canada Post responded to our November 17th global offers. CPC’s response simply said, “After having taken the time to assess them, we must advise that they cannot unfortunately form the basis of any potential settlements.”

We Want Negotiated Collective Agreements
The Canadian Union of Postal Workers is calling on Canada Post to return to the bargaining table and negotiate a settlement now.

We want to remind you that the Union has always fought for its fundamental right to bargain collectively the working conditions of its members, an essential element of the right of association protected by the Canadian Charter of Rights. It has been recognized that this fundamental right includes the right to strike.

We believe that our proposals can form the basis of collective agreements. To that end we have requested that the Minister of Labour appoint a mediator to assist the parties in negotiating a collective agreements.

Cooling-Off Period?
This morning, Canada Post proposed a “cooling-off” period effective immediately and lasting through January 31.

We aren’t doing this to harm the public, but the proposal asks our members to go back to work at the heaviest and most stressful time of year, under the same conditions that produce the highest injury rate in the federal sector. It asks women to continue to do work for free. How can we do that?

CUPW negotiators have proposed concrete solutions to the major issues – the injury crisis, gender inequality, overburdening and precarious work – which Canada Post has rejected.

Strike Activities
Our strike activities will continue until we achieve the collective agreements that we deserve. Our right to strike is a fundamental right that we will not give up. Canada Post can resolve this dispute and end the strike activities by coming to the table with real solutions to address our concerns.

Together, We Will Continue to Fight!

newest release from cupw........
Sometimes the truth hurts. The other times it hurts worse....
Jul 6, 2018
334 posts
607 upvotes
Wait. You were offered 1000$ for free and you turned it down? Just to delay negotiations until after the holidays, and maybe even put off back-to-work legislation? Meanwhile everyone on this site scrimps and scrapes for a few bucks.

Not trying to troll, honest. I just find it hilarious. 1000$ would be life changing for most people.
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2014
1720 posts
1279 upvotes
at the chiropractors
poopooplatter wrote:
Nov 19th, 2018 7:52 pm
Wait. You were offered 1000$ for free and you turned it down? Just to delay negotiations until after the holidays, and maybe even put off back-to-work legislation? Meanwhile everyone on this site scrimps and scrapes for a few bucks.

Not trying to troll, honest. I just find it hilarious. 1000$ would be life changing for most people.
Not only are you a troll, not just based on this comment, but on your previous ones, but you must also be homeless if you think that $1000 less tax = $600 is life changing. That's a couple of tanks of gas in my truck. OOOOOOOOOOHHHHH, so life changing :facepalm: And all I have to do to get that life changing amount is give up all of my current bargaining power to put it to a time when CP doesn't care if we stand out in the coldest time of the year. Sign me up!!!! Go back to whatever rock you crawled out from....
Sometimes the truth hurts. The other times it hurts worse....
Oct 25, 2017
20 posts
7 upvotes
lol we are supposed to take what poopooplatter says seriously??? Hahahahahah
Nov 15, 2018
33 posts
42 upvotes
poopooplatter wrote:

Yes, up to $1,000 before taxes would be pretty fantastic, especially for the people earning $19/h with no overtime. But it's a slap on the face compared to actually addressing the issues.
May 2, 2012
877 posts
464 upvotes
STONEY CREEK
poopooplatter wrote:

$1000 to remove all negotiating leverage, while possibly preventing back to work legislation and agreeing to binding arbitration. So essentially $1000 for wasting any action we’ve taken thus far and essentially removing the possibility of a negotiated agreement.

How could one’s life be changed by $1000 before tax?
Dec 13, 2016
750 posts
385 upvotes
poopooplatter wrote:

If that’s life changing for you, you need to work on an emergency fund man. You are really close to a disaster.

I had to replace front brakes and struts on my car and it’s going to cost me the guts of 1500. Thank god, I have an emergency fund.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)