Careers

[Merged] Ask Me About Working For Canada Post

Apr 7, 2013
807 posts
449 upvotes
LONDON
timetotellthetruth wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 4:20 pm
How is everybody's parcel volume? I am getting more now, than before Christmas, and waaaaaay more scannables/customs items. Something smells fishy.....
I'm on a foot walk so its hard to judge, but Sunday was definitely busier than the previous week. Since cupw can't have any rotating strikes for 3 years I presume customers are confident in our services again.
May 2, 2012
791 posts
416 upvotes
STONEY CREEK
timetotellthetruth wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 4:20 pm
How is everybody's parcel volume? I am getting more now, than before Christmas, and waaaaaay more scannables/customs items. Something smells fishy.....
I’m light. Maybe 30-50 scans per day.
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2014
1483 posts
1073 upvotes
at the chiropractors
pike18 wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 4:51 pm
I’m light. Maybe 30-50 scans per day.
hmmmmm, maybe it is just me. I am getting daily volumes that were higher than before the rotating strikes as well. Maybe they just "found" a trailer or two in a yard that was destined for my city....lol
Sometimes the truth hurts. The other times it hurts worse....
Dec 13, 2016
706 posts
372 upvotes
I would say that this week has been heavier than normal parcel and scannable wise. Light for mail.
Dec 13, 2016
706 posts
372 upvotes
leyland1989 wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 1:59 pm
Eastern Ontario.
Spring and Fall can go without a single call for months, or get called in once to pay the Union due.
Aren’t you in the plant? I feel like that would make a difference.
Jul 2, 2018
107 posts
84 upvotes
On Monday, my postie was quite late in the evening to arrive, so that must have been a heavy day. Tuesday and today he was super early in the afternoon, and nothing in my mailbox.

You guys seen the Costco rebate cheques in circulation yet?
Apr 12, 2011
606 posts
443 upvotes
Etobicoke
Progatron wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 7:26 pm
On Monday, my postie was quite late in the evening to arrive, so that must have been a heavy day. Tuesday and today he was super early in the afternoon, and nothing in my mailbox.

You guys seen the Costco rebate cheques in circulation yet?
The Costco rebate cheques come out depending on your month of renewal.
Your mailman will come at different times of the day not only depending on how heavy the day is, but they might also make small changes to the 'path' that they take, meaning they might do your street first thing on monday, but then the next day they might do another street first.
Dec 13, 2016
706 posts
372 upvotes
mikebc wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 6:33 pm
130 on my 500 call footwalk.
That’s kind of nuts. 80 is a heavy day for me and I have 900 calls and reasonably rich customers.
May 22, 2015
398 posts
492 upvotes
Vancouver
Surrey is a different beast, land of the basement suites. 500 calls probably equals 2500-3000 customers, most houses have 2 suites. Granted by Wednesday I'm usually down to about 60 scans but this week has been nuts. I *think* we're caught up now thankfully.

edit: I took a photo of my truck this morning but its showing addresses so I can't post it. I'll shoot you a PM if you want to see my stacking skills.
Oct 11, 2018
163 posts
95 upvotes
Still no call at Millen in Hamilton for work. Two of my classmates are up at Frid St. and both had their assignments extended till the end of March, that's pretty amazing. They're going to fly through their 480. I guess Millen and Pritchard are fairly quiet these days.

Disappointed to say the least, but totally understand the situation I am in with respect to Canada Post and the way things go for some.
Jun 25, 2010
550 posts
116 upvotes
ocallaghand wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 7:01 pm
Still no call at Millen in Hamilton for work. Two of my classmates are up at Frid St. and both had their assignments extended till the end of March, that's pretty amazing. They're going to fly through their 480. I guess Millen and Pritchard are fairly quiet these days.

Disappointed to say the least, but totally understand the situation I am in with respect to Canada Post and the way things go for some.
just put in your FT application. you will be FT before june.
Oct 11, 2018
163 posts
95 upvotes
I've done that already. Do you honestly think FT could be obtained that fast in Hamilton?
May 22, 2015
398 posts
492 upvotes
Vancouver
You can apply for FT in multiple zones if you're able to commute to either. If the other zone is going faster then leapfrog in there and transfer back to bypass the rest of the terms ahead of you.
Oct 11, 2018
163 posts
95 upvotes
mikebc wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 8:24 pm
You can apply for FT in multiple zones if you're able to commute to either. If the other zone is going faster then leapfrog in there and transfer back to bypass the rest of the terms ahead of you.
Going to do that and add my home area of Niagara on it in addition to Hamilton. I was told to apply in Hamilton to fast track the FT designation.

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)