[Merged] Ask Me About Working For Canada Post

Apr 7, 2013
868 posts
500 upvotes
LONDON
timetotellthetruth wrote:
Jan 16th, 2019 4:47 pm
https://www.cupw.ca/en/cupw-canada-post ... r%E2%80%9D

Another head slap to our union. 1000's of hours of forced overtime. Apparently these ding dongs are so locked up in their hotel rooms that nobody told them that the company voluntarily stopped forced overtime.... Unbelievable....
Yep, and they can whine all they want about health and safety, slips and falls when anyone with a functional brain knows that CMBs is the best solution.

Wish they would drop it, I enjoy my foot walk and I'm an adult who's well aware of the risks.
Deal Addict
Jun 17, 2009
1631 posts
138 upvotes
onatrio
quick question..if transferring to a different zone..im ft lettercarrier and if want to apply for Fulltime LCA....im guessing on transfer form cant put wanting fulltime lca..only when accepted in the zone, than you can bid on monthly list..correct

also is brampton part of metro west or on its own
thanks
Last edited by dcjcdc on Jan 16th, 2019 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May 22, 2015
804 posts
968 upvotes
Vancouver
LCA is a position like LC or RLC. You'll stay in group 2 and wait for an LCA position to go up in the bid book. They are high seniority positions that usually only come up during a restructure. There are also parttime LCA positions which might be easier to get.
Sep 19, 2004
459 posts
120 upvotes
many talking about restructure, but what does it mean? sorry for the newbie question.
May 22, 2015
804 posts
968 upvotes
Vancouver
Taking a volume count in a depot then redesigning all the routes with updated values. It happens every 5 years or so. All the routes get re-bid in order of seniority.
Apr 8, 2015
43 posts
17 upvotes
East York, ON
mikebc wrote:
Jan 16th, 2019 11:20 pm
Taking a volume count in a depot then redesigning all the routes with updated values. It happens every 5 years or so. All the routes get re-bid in order of seniority.

Lol every 5 years!? Which depot you on? More like every 6 months
Oct 11, 2018
221 posts
126 upvotes
Does restructuring usually create new walks requiring more FT staff?

Asking for a friend...
May 2, 2012
871 posts
454 upvotes
STONEY CREEK
ocallaghand wrote:
Jan 17th, 2019 9:17 am
Does restructuring usually create new walks requiring more FT staff?

Asking for a friend...
We were just told at depot 1 in Hamilton that we expect to see an additional 5-6 routes created from this restructure.

I think it really depends on how much the last restructure was screwed up.
Apr 7, 2013
868 posts
500 upvotes
LONDON
pike18 wrote:
Jan 17th, 2019 9:50 am
We were just told at depot 1 in Hamilton that we expect to see an additional 5-6 routes created from this restructure.

I think it really depends on how much the last restructure was screwed up.
True, and if they implement night routers in your depot you may even lose a walk.

Restructuring here last year resulted in a gain of 3 part time positions.
May 22, 2015
804 posts
968 upvotes
Vancouver
heartsdales wrote:
Jan 17th, 2019 5:00 am
Lol every 5 years!? Which depot you on? More like every 6 months
Umm, I think your depot might be the outlier. Smiling Face With Open Mouth

I've heard a restructure costs ~$1 million to implement.
May 2, 2012
871 posts
454 upvotes
STONEY CREEK
mikebc wrote:
Jan 17th, 2019 10:30 am
Umm, I think your depot might be the outlier. Smiling Face With Open Mouth

I've heard a restructure costs ~$1 million to implement.
We just had one a year and a half ago. And our volume count starts in three weeks
May 22, 2015
804 posts
968 upvotes
Vancouver
I guess I should say that restructuring a PT station in a CMB converted zone is much, much easier. 2 years would be amazing, but they just keep overassessing our routes instead since they're waiting on the next government to see if they'll be allowed to start door-to-door removal again.

Out west here, less than 50% of depots are sequenced and they're no longer doing PT conversions so restructuring those manual sort stations are almost a zero priority. They also never started our CMB conversion. I've heard that after PT implementation there's supposed to be a second restructure within 2 years, but none of the depots have gotten their second yet (the oldest PT station in our zone was implemented just over 4 years ago).
Last edited by mikebc on Jan 17th, 2019 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
10348 posts
1164 upvotes
Vancouver
Question: the union rarely returns my phone calls or
Emails so I’ll ask for a quicker response here.

Why was there two union due payments deducted from pay period 1?

$83 was taken off twice. One for arrears?

Thanks

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

timetotellthetruth