Careers

[Merged] Ask Me About Working For Canada Post

Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2014
5463 posts
3353 upvotes
mikebc wrote:
Mar 21st, 2019 11:54 am
Of course it is. People are allowed to use hallways, that's a common area. My front porch is not a common area, people should not be mulling around there. Requirements for safedropping are very clear, it should not be visible from the street and it should be carded for pickup if the carrier has any thought that the neighbourhood is not safe and/or there is no safe place to leave it. Leaving it in a hallway is like leaving it on a sidewalk.

I can't hide your box in a hallway. Put your buzzer number on your parcel and file a complaint. Time to move on.
Can you read? I wrote that they both agreed to leave the packages at the door. ASL, CanPar, FedEx, Intelcom, Purolator, and UPS have no problem leaving packages at the door either, -except for packages marked as "dangerous goods" with Purolator. Some delivery people kill the convenience online shopping, but thankfully, the ones that deliver to me turned out to be nice.
Sep 19, 2004
474 posts
127 upvotes
hvwozq wrote:
Mar 21st, 2019 12:01 pm
Can you read? I wrote that they both agreed to leave the packages at the door. ASL, CanPar, FedEx, Intelcom, Purolator, and UPS have no problem leaving packages at the door either, -except for packages marked as "dangerous goods" with Purolator. Some delivery people kill the convenience online shopping, but thankfully, the ones that deliver to me turned out to be nice.
Isn’t this thread about Canada Post? Whatever any other carriers do is irrelevant.

We carriers at cp should never safe drop a parcel in the hallway of an apartment. Because it’s not SAFE. You don’t know if your neighbors would steal your parcel.

Even for houses we might still card it instead of safe drop.

I just wish the carrier who is doing you the favour won’t get any trouble, especially when you complain your parcel is lost.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2014
5463 posts
3353 upvotes
sunvv wrote:
Mar 21st, 2019 12:50 pm
Isn’t this thread about Canada Post? Whatever any other carriers do is irrelevant.

We carriers at cp should never safe drop a parcel in the hallway of an apartment. Because it’s not SAFE. You don’t know if your neighbors would steal your parcel.

Even for houses we might still card it instead of safe drop.

I just wish the carrier who is doing you the favour won’t get any trouble, especially when you complain your parcel is lost.
When have you seen a Canada Post employee ever get in trouble for anything? Aren’t you all protected because of your union? One of the drivers said someone followed him in another building and took all the packages, and it didn’t sound like he got in any trouble. The only ones who seem to get in trouble are UPS drivers. Apparently they personally go back to the delivery address to investigate when someone says their package is lost.
Apr 12, 2011
667 posts
537 upvotes
Etobicoke
hvwozq wrote:
Mar 21st, 2019 1:34 pm
When have you seen a Canada Post employee ever get in trouble for anything? Aren’t you all protected because of your union? One of the drivers said someone followed him in another building and took all the packages, and it didn’t sound like he got in any trouble. The only ones who seem to get in trouble are UPS drivers. Apparently they personally go back to the delivery address to investigate when someone says their package is lost.
You seem to know everything about Canada Post and its employees. Please, tell us more about how to do our jobs.
Apr 30, 2015
852 posts
644 upvotes
York, ON
hvwozq wrote:
Mar 21st, 2019 1:34 pm
Are you serious?

Goober, if your neighbour takes you package, and your carrier is the one that left it at your door, he is getting suspended and losing a days pay for doing you a favour and ignoring company policy. Get bent.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2014
5463 posts
3353 upvotes
tarjet wrote:
Mar 21st, 2019 3:20 pm
Are you serious?

Goober, if your neighbour takes you package, and your carrier is the one that left it at your door, he is getting suspended and losing a days pay for doing you a favour and ignoring company policy. Get bent.
Why don’t you read the Terms and Conditions of Delivery Preference that I agreed to and learn a little bit about the job you’re doing?

Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2014
1748 posts
1301 upvotes
at the chiropractors
Ahhhhh, that is so much better! Click on the persons handle and right on that page is a button marked "ignore". Works great. Entitled douchebag is gone and we can get back to regular discussions! I invite you all to give it a try!
Sometimes the truth hurts. The other times it hurts worse....
Dec 13, 2016
752 posts
385 upvotes
hvwozq wrote:
Mar 21st, 2019 3:58 pm
Why don’t you read the Terms and Conditions of Delivery Preference that I agreed to and learn a little bit about the job you’re doing?

This doesn’t matter. We are specifically told to not safe drop in apartment buildings. You are complaining because people are doing what they are told to by their employer. I don’t really get your angle.

Someone can tell you that they are fine with safe dropping and then when a package gets stolen, they will forget that fact and the carrier WILL get in trouble. Yea, it’s hard to get fired but it is very easy to lose a day or five without pay.

I wish that they would change the system and customers could sign a waiver AND we knew on the scanner that they could always be safe dropped at. However; that’s not how it works now and your stance that we should ignore what our employers have mandated is super unreasonable. You understand that, right?
May 22, 2015
898 posts
1045 upvotes
Vancouver
Haha, wow, I don't care what other companies do. We have rules and we're supposed to follow them.
Dec 21, 2007
910 posts
439 upvotes
moncton
hvwozq wrote:
Mar 21st, 2019 12:01 pm
I would have no problem leaving packages at apartments I deem to be safe, some you can tell are unsafe and some you can tell are definitely safe, and I would usually ask "safe to leave packages here?' But how is Purolator getting in the building? They don't have keys like we do.

As for not being allowed to hand people mail wtf is the world coming to? I could see not wanting to give mail to a crackhead in a scuzzy part of town but if you want to fire me for handing the mail to that nice old man in a good neighborhood then go right ahead.

You can't have a black and white rule for every situation a letter carrier runs in to. We (used to) make good money because part of our job is to make good decisions while thinking on our feet.
Oct 6, 2017
53 posts
10 upvotes
How the FCK can i change my password at home for intrapost/mysite/wtf its called?

About 2 months ago, i had to come in for some online training. I couldn't log in even though i never changed my password. I had to call someone and have them reset it for me. I WROTE DOWN THE NEW PASSWORD IN MY PHONE.

Now, i am trying to log in to the employee site to get a copy of my T4, and that new **** password i made last time does not work!

So i click on "Forgot your password" and enter my ID, year of birth, and the other shit it asks for, and when i hit enter, it brings me to this **** error page. and yes i have tried in both firefox and internet explorer.

what the fck should i do? i have to call again?
Images
  • fu.png
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2014
1748 posts
1301 upvotes
at the chiropractors
Counut wrote:
Mar 21st, 2019 7:59 pm
How the FCK can i change my password at home for intrapost/mysite/wtf its called?

About 2 months ago, i had to come in for some online training. I couldn't log in even though i never changed my password. I had to call someone and have them reset it for me. I WROTE DOWN THE NEW PASSWORD IN MY PHONE.

Now, i am trying to log in to the employee site to get a copy of my T4, and that new **** password i made last time does not work!

So i click on "Forgot your password" and enter my ID, year of birth, and the other shit it asks for, and when i hit enter, it brings me to this **** error page. and yes i have tried in both firefox and internet explorer.

what the fck should i do? i have to call again?
Yup. Call again. I have had that problem in the past although my last password has been working for a while now...
Sometimes the truth hurts. The other times it hurts worse....
Mar 15, 2019
9 posts
7 upvotes
when is the union going to remove two tier scale, it can easily be done via threat of strike or work to rule, but it seems once again all they care about is taking our dues and protecting lazy workers, hell stuff like this makes one want to become a supervisor, no respect from union, just take your wages and no trying to fix the most struggling issue of all, PAY EQUITY FOR ALL!Image
May 22, 2015
898 posts
1045 upvotes
Vancouver
CP offered to drop the raise freeze for terms, which creates the 2 tier scale, so maybe it will come in with the arbitrated contract. Nothing was said for those hired between 2013-current who went through the hiring freeze with no raises (for 3-4 years in some cases).

Thread Information

There are currently 7 users viewing this thread. (5 members and 2 guests)

VanMailMan, gotwgoty, jumpincat, flameboy54, biggerthanfun