Careers

[Merged] Ask Me About Working For Canada Post

Jan 22, 2013
45 posts
hi i have a question.

say i sent a package about a month ago... sent reg mail to the US but i cannot find the receipt and did not ship with a tracking #.... is there a way to track it?
May 2, 2012
463 posts
132 upvotes
STONEY CREEK
CouponKindaGuy wrote:
Feb 9th, 2013 9:45 pm
Now I have specific skills
All I can think of is Liam Neeson "I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you and I will kill you."
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2004
1478 posts
79 upvotes
anamosdef wrote:
Feb 10th, 2013 3:27 am
hi i have a question.

say i sent a package about a month ago... sent reg mail to the US but i cannot find the receipt and did not ship with a tracking #.... is there a way to track it?
Most likely not but I would call customer service. As of late, they have nailed a few US posties with storage rooms of parcels. If it went to Kansas. Good luck as that guy stole over 8, 000 parcels.
¨°º©oVelox, Versutus, Vigilanso©º°¨
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2004
1478 posts
79 upvotes
pike18 wrote:
Feb 10th, 2013 7:48 am
All I can think of is Liam Neeson "I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you and I will kill you."
Lol, wow that sounds like something i would say. Ask my biological father as I found him and my ex boss, one of Canada' s top PI's, told me it would be like finding a needle in a haystack. But persistence and a childhood dream payed off, as I got to see what he looked like and thats all I ever wanted.
Sep 30, 2010
540 posts
132 upvotes
@pike18- that's a heck of a verbatum quote there, did you find that elsewhere or write it up yourself ?
Jun 8, 2010
325 posts
18 upvotes
Scarborough
Hope that all you guys are dealing with the unsettled situation at CPC. I haven't commented for awhile. I only get calls to work last minute when there is a storm!! But that's okay as I have a new job now.
I was wondering when CPC issues T4's. I didn't get one last year so I'm wondering if I need to request this or do I have to go to ESS?
Good luck all!
Oct 10, 2011
396 posts
69 upvotes
WINNIPEG
leolo wrote:
Feb 10th, 2013 10:24 am
Hope that all you guys are dealing with the unsettled situation at CPC. I haven't commented for awhile. I only get calls to work last minute when there is a storm!! But that's okay as I have a new job now.
I was wondering when CPC issues T4's. I didn't get one last year so I'm wondering if I need to request this or do I have to go to ESS?
Good luck all!
NO T4's yet...
Deal Fanatic
Mar 8, 2002
9919 posts
1815 upvotes
Oakville
leolo wrote:
Feb 10th, 2013 10:24 am
Good luck all!
If you worked in 2012, you'll automatically get one in the mail.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Deal Addict
May 5, 2008
3653 posts
838 upvotes
Winnipeg
fredsub12 wrote:
Feb 10th, 2013 10:38 am
NO T4's yet...
Businesses have till the last day in Feb to mail.
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2004
1625 posts
54 upvotes
Feb 11 is BC FAMILY DAY, however it's not day off for cansdapost in BC? That's a ripoff?!
Deal Addict
May 5, 2008
3653 posts
838 upvotes
Winnipeg
dealcatcher wrote:
Feb 10th, 2013 12:00 pm
Feb 11 is BC FAMILY DAY, however it's not day off for cansdapost in BC? That's a ripoff?!
Manitoba has Louis Riel day Feb 18 and please remind me what the union negotiated for us??

What will happen if everyone decides to take a personal day on Louis and Family day?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 8, 2002
9919 posts
1815 upvotes
Oakville
dealcatcher wrote:
Feb 10th, 2013 12:00 pm
Same in Ontario ( 18th). Feel bloody stupid delivering the mail when everyone's home. But we get Remembrance Day when most don't. Suck it up I tell myself.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2004
1478 posts
79 upvotes
airmail wrote:
Feb 10th, 2013 12:08 pm
What will happen if everyone decides to take a personal day on Louis and Family day?
Temps like me, will possibly get work...woohooo
Oct 10, 2011
396 posts
69 upvotes
WINNIPEG
Hugh Jass wrote:
Feb 10th, 2013 12:10 pm
Same in Ontario ( 18th). Feel bloody stupid delivering the mail when everyone's home. But we get Remembrance Day when most don't. Suck it up I tell myself.
BUT enjoy your 4 day long weekend over Easter when the rest of the country is working that Monday,,,,,,come on lets suck it up! hahaha
× < >