[Merged] Ask Me About Working For Canada Post

Oct 10, 2011
396 posts
70 upvotes
WINNIPEG
sistereliza wrote: Welcome back Fred!
What is it like on the other side?
I'm always around.... help if I can.

Second answer, CHALLENGING but I just stick to the one goal, get the LC's out of the building, that's where they do THERE WORK.
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
13462 posts
4620 upvotes
GTA
fredsub12 wrote: I'm always around.... help if I can.

Second answer, CHALLENGING but I just stick to the one goal, get the LC's out of the building, that's where they do THERE WORK.
And at the end of the day, get them back in....

I got a call the other night ( holiday Monday) around 7pm, from my supervisor asking when I'd be back in the station after delivering parcels. He said he was waiting on me as I was the last one out there. I informed him that I had finished 4 hours ago. The other supervisor that was there said she hadn't seen me, even though I'd talked to her. Just a head shaker.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Oct 10, 2011
396 posts
70 upvotes
WINNIPEG
Hugh Jass wrote: And at the end of the day, get them back in....

I got a call the other night ( holiday Monday) around 7pm, from my supervisor asking when I'd be back in the station after delivering parcels. He said he was waiting on me as I was the last one out there. I informed him that I had finished 4 hours ago. The other supervisor that was there said she hadn't seen me, even though I'd talked to her. Just a head shaker.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2015
1117 posts
1014 upvotes
York, ON
Hugh Jass wrote: And at the end of the day, get them back in....

Lmao
Deal Expert
Nov 19, 2005
16186 posts
790 upvotes
RedFlagDeals!
Hugh Jass wrote:
lol, I think that might have been me? I was told when I arrived back that I was the last one and to hurry up because the supervisor wants to go home lol.
Money, Religion, Sex and Politics is what it is all about!
99% Tryhard I've got hardwood flooring downstairs...if you know what I am talking about
Jun 11, 2012
695 posts
1082 upvotes
Montreal
Hi, can someone explain the process of how to become a L7 or L9 lift driver? I'm currently a PO4 and was hired in November.

Sep 24, 2015
50 posts
4 upvotes
Richmond, BC
Attention Casual P04s: So the Christmas / Boxing day shopping spree is over; and so is our busy / lots of hours on call hours. No more of that super dooper OP OT! (LOL! Best OT in my life, getting paid 2x my rate. wtf. I wonder what will be the pay of a regular employee working OT on a stat holiday??? 4.5x? LOLOLOL) Anyway I was expecting a call today as it always happened for the last 2 months but alas I did not get any. I contacted my other co-workers (casuals too) and they also didnt get the calls. Well, hopefully the season is not yet over but I think this is it. The lean months ahead. Stay sharp people. Bring out the spreadsheet and balance those savings you had. Boom! So I did my research and called in some "old timers" and asked some ideas about our status. Word is that, from now on.. the ideal calls we get is about 3x a week. There will be even some odd weeks where we only get 1 call/week. LOL. (And I thought I can live ok-ish with canada post even this is my only job...lol. looks like we need to get another source of income. I know I know, maybe of you will say this and that but hey.. I'm not a high maintenance cost guy. No health complications (so far) and I live alone with no alimony.com or other pressing financial obligations or mortgage or car loans, etc. $350/week for me is enough to get by that's why. So I don't need a second or third or fourth job. But if canada posts only gives me a call once a week from now on, then I'm in big trouble. I still want to eat steak at least once a month you know.... So yeah, not much calls.... not much calls....
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2014
3205 posts
2497 upvotes
at the chiropractors
widowminesOP wrote: Attention Casual P04s: So the Christmas / Boxing day shopping spree is over; and so is our busy / lots of hours on call hours. No more of that super dooper OP OT! (LOL! Best OT in my life, getting paid 2x my rate. wtf. I wonder what will be the pay of a regular employee working OT on a stat holiday??? 4.5x? LOLOLOL) Anyway I was expecting a call today as it always happened for the last 2 months but alas I did not get any. I contacted my other co-workers (casuals too) and they also didnt get the calls. Well, hopefully the season is not yet over but I think this is it. The lean months ahead. Stay sharp people. Bring out the spreadsheet and balance those savings you had. Boom! So I did my research and called in some "old timers" and asked some ideas about our status. Word is that, from now on.. the ideal calls we get is about 3x a week. There will be even some odd weeks where we only get 1 call/week. LOL. (And I thought I can live ok-ish with canada post even this is my only job...lol. looks like we need to get another source of income. I know I know, maybe of you will say this and that but hey.. I'm not a high maintenance cost guy. No health complications (so far) and I live alone with no alimony.com or other pressing financial obligations or mortgage or car loans, etc. $350/week for me is enough to get by that's why. So I don't need a second or third or fourth job. But if canada posts only gives me a call once a week from now on, then I'm in big trouble. I still want to eat steak at least once a month you know.... So yeah, not much calls.... not much calls....
The nature of the beast....unfortunately....
Aug 17, 2015
88 posts
25 upvotes
Longueuil, QC
Quick question, I should know the answer to: As a new employee, when are we eligible for benefits?
Thanks.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2015
1117 posts
1014 upvotes
York, ON
No. You get 4% in lieu on your pay.
Sep 2, 2011
283 posts
70 upvotes
Toronto
BizarroRon wrote: Quick question, I should know the answer to: As a new employee, when are we eligible for benefits?
Thanks.
Once you become Part time/Full time. However, you will be getting extra pay in lieu of benefits as a temp/casual
Jan 4, 2016
4 posts
Edmonton, AB
Can somebody give me some tips regarding the sortation test, currently only getting 60 letters per 10 mins. It's only my second day but, is it something you'll just pick up once you get out on the job or are there any tips to doing it quick and efficiently because I really want to get this down. Any help is appreciated
Deal Expert
Nov 19, 2005
16186 posts
790 upvotes
RedFlagDeals!
Happy new year and happy belated happy holidays!

That book that someone recommneded to read in this thread awhile back finally arrived at my local library and I forgot I checked it out as I opened my glove box in my personal vehicle recently to get gloves and saw the book, so far as of this posting only read like the first 5-7 bullet things (chapters?) and I have to say that so far it is an accurate representation of the post office! Will maybe give book review when I am done reading it.
How old is the book? The one I got is in horrible condition, but the pages seem intact:

Speaking of benefits, I really should read that package they sent me in the mail last year, I am pretty sure I am not using any of the benefits I have been provided yet the deduction hurts as I see so much being deducted every paystub now.

tl;dr Can I opt out of the benefits so my pay can be what it was before? Also, for dental do they cover braces? Cause my dentist suggested I get braces for my teeth as they aren't perfect.
Money, Religion, Sex and Politics is what it is all about!
99% Tryhard I've got hardwood flooring downstairs...if you know what I am talking about

Thread Information

There are currently 4 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 2 guests)

tarjet, mailzilla