[Merged] Ask Me About Working For Canada Post

Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
11192 posts
2636 upvotes
GTA
vipersrule wrote:
Apr 8th, 2015 12:48 am
Tuesday we got our mail at 930 pm.. yes 9-30 PM. It was not my regular mailman. Latest ever we got our mail.
One of the busiest days of the year for letter carriers, no mail since last Thursday. No LC should be out at that time.
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2005
1248 posts
90 upvotes
Nowhere
Hugh Jass wrote:
Apr 8th, 2015 5:31 am
SOOOOOOO many little packets from China worth $2 that need a signature. So dumb. CP must be losing money on those.
If they are looking for lost revenue they can start with those. The international mail agreement should not include addons such as signatures or tracking barcodes without additional payments to the receiving country. China is subsidizing it's postal system heavily to boost their export economy and including mailing addons for next to nothing. It would cost a minimum of $20 to send one of the smallest packets back to China as a registered.
Deal Expert
Nov 19, 2005
15928 posts
612 upvotes
RedFlagDeals!
way too busy yesterday, the amount of flats and small pci's /w signature required are too damn high!

Also had those thick ULINE things yesterday and today I got more of them :(
PC IS MASTER RACE! ( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ʖ ͡°) ͡°) VΛ 🆅🅰🅿🅴 🅽🅰🆃🅸🅾🅽 ┏( -_-)┛┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓┗(-_- )┓ 𝑅𝑒𝓁𝑒𝓋𝒶𝓃𝓉 𝒾𝓈 𝒿𝓊𝓈𝓉 𝓇𝑒𝓁𝑒𝓋𝒶𝓃𝓉
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2014
1500 posts
1096 upvotes
at the chiropractors
kev* wrote:
Apr 8th, 2015 8:08 am
If they are looking for lost revenue they can start with those. The international mail agreement should not include addons such as signatures or tracking barcodes without additional payments to the receiving country. China is subsidizing it's postal system heavily to boost their export economy and including mailing addons for next to nothing. It would cost a minimum of $20 to send one of the smallest packets back to China as a registered.
I couldn't agree more. Why in earth would a 20 cent "gift" really need to be tracked with a bloody signature anyway? It doesn't even make sense....
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
11192 posts
2636 upvotes
GTA
timetotellthetruth wrote:
Apr 8th, 2015 9:51 am
I couldn't agree more. Why in earth would a 20 cent "gift" really need to be tracked with a bloody signature anyway? It doesn't even make sense....
Fricken ebay proof of delivery.
Sep 1, 2011
92 posts
18 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
Apr 8th, 2015 9:51 am
I hope they can stop the signature from oversea form Korea, China and H.K the parcels mostly oversize and heavy and they usually put the value $10 to $20 and is a gift.
Oct 25, 2014
105 posts
33 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Apr 8th, 2015 1:28 am
Soooo, how was everybody's Tuesday from Hell.......?
New route for me and 20 LFT's of manual mail to sort !!!! I left depo at 3, thank God I gave a split and still had 2 hours of overtime !!!
Apr 20, 2013
278 posts
122 upvotes
Hugh Jass wrote:
Apr 8th, 2015 5:31 am
Defintely busier than last year. Lots of flats and SOOOOOOO many little packets from China worth $2 that need a signature. So dumb. CP must be losing money on those.
Not here in Kitchener/Waterloo. We were pleasantly surprised - pretty much normal "Monday" volume, and not heavy today either.

So was anybody else in Southern Ontario dumb enough to volunteer for OT today, on a day where the weather forecast was CONSTANT FREEZING RAIN? I spent most of my 7 hours on the street wishing that some sort of incredible situation would manifest itself so that I could just get indoors.
Jun 1, 2008
686 posts
214 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Yesterday I had 13 flats of manual and I still finished earlier than today. The rain and the flyers killed me today. It took awhile to flyer.
Jun 1, 2008
686 posts
214 upvotes
Richmond Hill
AzN_RiverdaleCI wrote:
Apr 8th, 2015 9:43 am
way too busy yesterday, the amount of flats and small pci's /w signature required are too damn high!

Also had those thick ULINE things yesterday and today I got more of them :(
Ugh Uline. I saw tubs and tubs of them that were killed this morning.
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
11192 posts
2636 upvotes
GTA
digression wrote:
Apr 8th, 2015 7:49 pm
Not here in Kitchener/Waterloo. We were pleasantly surprised - pretty much normal "Monday" volume, and not heavy today either.
Last year was like that for me. Was hoping for same again but no. Today was fine for seq but lots of pci's. In one of my buildings, I had 22 items which either required a signature or were too large for the mailbox. I made a list and stood in front of the directory and called everyone. Got ONE person, carded the rest.

So was anybody else in Southern Ontario dumb enough to volunteer for OT today, on a day where the weather forecast was CONSTANT FREEZING RAIN? I spent most of my 7 hours on the street wishing that some sort of incredible situation would manifest itself so that I could just get indoors.

Hell no. I'm tired enough just doing one walk. One guy in our station does at least a split extra a day and sometimes 2, if he can get it. I've seen him out there and he runs like he's on fire. Wears runners in the middle of winter, as boots slow him down. Taxman must love him.
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
11192 posts
2636 upvotes
GTA
deelogic wrote:
Apr 8th, 2015 8:24 pm
Ugh Uline. I saw tubs and tubs of them that were killed this morning.
Uline should have those things as RPG, tons and tons of them go to waste. They're lists are ridiculous. A small business run from home getting three copies, one for the CEO, one for IT manager and another for Shipping Manager, which really just means husband and wife. I wonder how much CP charges per copy.
Deal Expert
Nov 19, 2005
15928 posts
612 upvotes
RedFlagDeals!
Hugh Jass wrote:
Apr 8th, 2015 8:32 pm
Uline should have those things as RPG, tons and tons of them go to waste. They're lists are ridiculous. A small business run from home getting three copies, one for the CEO, one for IT manager and another for Shipping Manager, which really just means husband and wife.
Agreed 100%, such wastefulness.

Also today I think I had more pci's than yesterday. That is really odd...
PC IS MASTER RACE! ( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ʖ ͡°) ͡°) VΛ 🆅🅰🅿🅴 🅽🅰🆃🅸🅾🅽 ┏( -_-)┛┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓┗(-_- )┓ 𝑅𝑒𝓁𝑒𝓋𝒶𝓃𝓉 𝒾𝓈 𝒿𝓊𝓈𝓉 𝓇𝑒𝓁𝑒𝓋𝒶𝓃𝓉

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

juventino23