Careers

[Merged] Ask Me About Working For Canada Post

Sep 2, 2011
274 posts
68 upvotes
Toronto
Does anyone here have the list of post offices for Ontario? Have been asking staffing officer an supervisors about it without much success...
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2014
1163 posts
691 upvotes
under a snowbank, MB
As someone already answered, that's when you put......"delivered flyers to all three thirds due to compressed flyers as a result of company incompetence" or something to that effect.... :)
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
10868 posts
2352 upvotes
GTA
exMOHAX wrote:
Oct 2nd, 2015 8:03 pm
Does anyone here have the list of post offices for Ontario? Have been asking staffing officer an supervisors about it without much success...
What kind of list? You want to know how many there are? Their addresses?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jan 5, 2014
196 posts
187 upvotes
Addresses are hard..…
SarahH304719 wrote:
Oct 2nd, 2015 6:43 pm
Pretty bummed out right now. Just got an e-mail from Canada Post saying they regret to inform me I will not be moving on in the process. I did the GAT and passed that. Had my interview a couple of days ago and apparently I can't answer 4 common sense questions satisfactorily. Feeling like a bit of a moron right now. I was sure I did well, at least well enough to move along. I know I was a bit nervous but I had a feeling I did okay even with the nerves and would be moving on to the physical part.
Blessing in disguise... be a human somewhere else instead of a number here.
Sep 2, 2011
274 posts
68 upvotes
Toronto
Hugh Jass wrote:
Oct 2nd, 2015 9:25 pm
What kind of list? You want to know how many there are? Their addresses?
No, let's say I want to transfer to the York region area or whatever, you need to put specific names for post offices on the transfer sheet, that's what I mean
Oct 8, 2012
520 posts
130 upvotes
TORONTO
Sarah just learn from it, just like a hockey player being cut from the Edmonton Oilers training camp. The reason could be ' not the right fit' or sometimes it could be a 'bad day' or illness that you didn't 'bring your "A" game. Ask for a re-do? just send a message to HR and you would love to have the opportunity of working for CP.

Good luck ! in your journey Sarah :(
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
10868 posts
2352 upvotes
GTA
exMOHAX wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2015 10:37 am
No, let's say I want to transfer to the York region area or whatever, you need to put specific names for post offices on the transfer sheet, that's what I mean
OK, you're talking about zones to transfer into. I don't know where to find that list but I'd get in contact with HR and ask them for the contact name and number of the person that deals with transfers.
Oct 12, 2011
122 posts
47 upvotes
SarahH304719 wrote:
Pretty bummed out right now. Just got an e-mail from Canada Post saying they regret to inform me I will not be moving on in the process. I did the GAT and passed that. Had my interview a couple of days ago and apparently I can't answer 4 common sense questions satisfactorily. Feeling like a bit of a moron right now. I was sure I did well, at least well enough to move along. I know I was a bit nervous but I had a feeling I did okay even with the nerves and would be moving on to the physical part.
seriously, Sarah....this is a blessing. I've been reading this forum off/on for past 4 years since I was hired as a temp. I was one of the last classes at the $23/hr wage. There is no way this job can justify $19/hr...how the union caved into a salary REDUCTION is beyond comprehension. Anyone else coming to this board looking for information, I would seriously advise as looking at it as a last ditch option. I have seen things go waaaaay downhill in the short time I've been employed, and its clear to see that things are going to get worse. This is not being pessimistic, this is seeing clearly how both the corporation and union are managed, which is brutal to say the least. I've paid over $4k in union dues to work a job that has progressively become more archaic, unsecure, and difficult in a matter of the last 2 years. The writing is on the wall that the 'new' contract will be a further reduction in job security and worker's rights.
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
10868 posts
2352 upvotes
GTA
rangeroad07 wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2015 11:46 am
seriously, Sarah....this is a blessing. I've been reading this forum off/on for past 4 years since I was hired as a temp. I was one of the last classes at the $23/hr wage. There is no way this job can justify $19/hr...how the union caved into a salary REDUCTION is beyond comprehension. Anyone else coming to this board looking for information, I would seriously advise as looking at it as a last ditch option. I have seen things go waaaaay downhill in the short time I've been employed, and its clear to see that things are going to get worse. This is not being pessimistic, this is seeing clearly how both the corporation and union are managed, which is brutal to say the least. I've paid over $4k in union dues to work a job that has progressively become more archaic, unsecure, and difficult in a matter of the last 2 years. The writing is on the wall that the 'new' contract will be a further reduction in job security and worker's rights.
Mostly agree. But look around you and find a job you can walk into with no prior experience or education for $19/hr. All factory jobs, retail and other unskilled labour are min wage. Even with a bit of experience in something it's hard to find anything over $13/hr.

If Harper continues his majority then this next collective agreement will be brutal. I see another strike on the horizon and then the public will lose even more respect for us. Part of the plan for Canada Post.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Sep 2, 2011
274 posts
68 upvotes
Toronto
Hugh Jass wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2015 11:32 am
OK, you're talking about zones to transfer into. I don't know where to find that list but I'd get in contact with HR and ask them for the contact name and number of the person that deals with transfers.
Thank you Hugh. So far, neither staffing nor supervisors were able to get it for me. I'll try HR
Aug 27, 2014
147 posts
80 upvotes
Arviat, NU
exMOHAX wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2015 5:57 pm
Thank you Hugh. So far, neither staffing nor supervisors were able to get it for me. I'll try HR
Having the same problem. PCR wrote on my form to consult PCR in the zone I want to transfer to and get a list of post offices. Useless. Could at least provide the number of her counterpart to contact, but why?
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2006
1938 posts
378 upvotes
SarahH304719 wrote:
Don't feel bad. This might have something to do with the current CP restructure. Maybe they are being more selective who they hire now? In any case, if you really want the job, as mentioned above, contact HR if you can re-do the interview or re-apply on the website and after they contact you tell them you passed the GAT already. Good luck.

Thread Information

There are currently 8 users viewing this thread. (4 members and 4 guests)

spiritsBB, CMT036, TonyS25102, stalbert1