Careers

[Merged] Ask Me About Working For Canada Post

Apr 30, 2015
850 posts
643 upvotes
York, ON
Heres a new one: I asked for transfer forms today because I made a mistake last time and the supervisor outright refused to accept it. Said I had to mail it in myself.
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
11574 posts
2980 upvotes
GTA
tarjet wrote:
May 19th, 2016 4:48 pm
Heres a new one: I asked for transfer forms today because I made a mistake last time and the supervisor outright refused to accept it. Said I had to mail it in myself.
F'king bull. There's even a place for them to sign it, otherwise you've no way of knowing/proving if it was received. I'd go above their head, superintendent etc. There's also a number you can call if you are having issues with a supervisor, like a 'rat' line. Tell your shop steward for sure.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2006
3353 posts
568 upvotes
GTA
tarjet wrote:
May 19th, 2016 4:48 pm
Wow. That's a new low. I'd definitely go above his/her head and complain to the superintendent. Unbelievable.
Deal Expert
Nov 19, 2005
15961 posts
618 upvotes
RedFlagDeals!
jaszy wrote:
May 19th, 2016 3:50 pm
Thanks for the heads up, gonna take a personal day.
PC IS MASTER RACE! ( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ʖ ͡°) ͡°) VΛ 🆅🅰🅿🅴 🅽🅰🆃🅸🅾🅽 ┏( -_-)┛┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓┗(-_- )┓ 𝑅𝑒𝓁𝑒𝓋𝒶𝓃𝓉 𝒾𝓈 𝒿𝓊𝓈𝓉 𝓇𝑒𝓁𝑒𝓋𝒶𝓃𝓉
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2014
1690 posts
1247 upvotes
at the chiropractors
33966 wrote:
May 19th, 2016 9:28 pm
Thanks for the heads up, gonna take a personal day.
The tv information screen in the depot says this round of census is due to be delivered between May 18-26. I don't know if you can exactly pin what day it will hit your particular mail stream. Maybe need to make friends with someone in the plant....lol
Jun 18, 2013
96 posts
51 upvotes
Vancouver
jaszy wrote:
May 19th, 2016 3:50 pm
Is this in Vancouver as well? I'd assume so. My first day of practical training. woop woop
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
11574 posts
2980 upvotes
GTA
[quote="jaszy" post_id="26005155" time="1463687413" user_id="40742"]Going to be a busy Tuesday for LCs in the GTA and maybe the rest of Ontario as well. Census mailing wave 3 is here.
Feb 22, 2016
71 posts
24 upvotes
vipersrule wrote:
May 19th, 2016 2:32 am
people keep getting hired in my city, Windsor. My LC said as much. He also said most don't last a month. I want to get back in as an LC. I already was one a short time in the 90's. Been applying everytime Windsor shows up as hiring but I never get an email. Please- can someone tell me who I can call or mail to get back in? I know exactly what the job entails and still want it. Thanks guys.
If you know anyone that works for Canada post see if you can put their name in on your application. It helped me get hired.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2006
3353 posts
568 upvotes
GTA
Hugh Jass wrote:
May 20th, 2016 5:44 pm
Our station got them today. Not every poc though. I guess just the people that hadn't done it by a certain date.
You will get a ton more. That was just a "sampler" ;)
Jan 24, 2011
133 posts
13 upvotes
Firepower01 wrote:
May 20th, 2016 5:59 pm
If you know anyone that works for Canada post see if you can put their name in on your application. It helped me get hired.
what do you mean? application? you mean your resume? the resume thats always online on the site? or do you mean when you apply online and they ask you questions if you know anyone? i thought it was a conflict of interest?
Jan 24, 2011
133 posts
13 upvotes
can i use someone who i know who is a LC as a reference on my resume thats online?
Feb 22, 2016
71 posts
24 upvotes
vipersrule wrote:
May 21st, 2016 2:48 am
what do you mean? application? you mean your resume? the resume thats always online on the site? or do you mean when you apply online and they ask you questions if you know anyone? i thought it was a conflict of interest?
There's a question that's part of the application that lets you put in a name of someone who referred you to the position. I put in the name of a friend of mine who works at Canada post and they went and interviewed him, asked him some questions about me and that was enough to get an interview.
Nov 10, 2011
647 posts
140 upvotes
VANCOUVER
vipersrule wrote:
May 21st, 2016 2:48 am
I suggest you use all those references for another corporation, like FedEx, UPS, or Purolator. At this point they all seem to have better contracts and working conditions.
Mar 4, 2016
351 posts
216 upvotes
What's the process for investigating a missing package? I've had Canada Post leave packages at my front door before dozens of times. This time it says delivered but there was no package. I tried to make a claim but was told only the sender could put in a claim.

Any idea how long the process/investigation takes? I've checked with neighbors but no one saw anything. Package was said to be delivered on Thursday...there's been no pickup slip in my mailbox either. Was a pair of shoes worth about $80 if that matters

Thread Information

There are currently 5 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 4 guests)

Helidaz