Automotive

[Merged] Ask me anything about TORONTO Parking Tickets

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 21st, 2017 9:10 am
Sep 17, 2016
1 posts
Hey,

I have a ticket for 150 dollars for parking in a no standing sign area. However the ticket says transit stop zone but the bus stop is literally 40 metres away. The ticket is for 2112 danforth avenue. And it says on it NR 2112 danforth ave I looked it up on google street view and saw the signs. What does the NR stand for?

Do you think I can fight it?

Thanks in advance
Oct 16, 2016
1 posts
H i have a question about sign parking And can anyone help me.i see sign from Wanless ave and Ms pleasant rd is park from 12 am to 7 am. So can I parking there all days except that time. Someone said that the sign is tricky and max parking only 2 hours.thank you
Mar 23, 2005
358 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto
I was picking up my girlfriend from work because she was sick and was headed to the hospital. I got hit with a "STOP - SIGNED HIGHWAY - DURING RUSH HOUR PERIOD" ticket for a set fine amoint of $150. I don't expect to win but I there a chance I can get it reduced t a reasonable amount? Yes I know I parked illegally for 90seconds during rush hour but I really don't want to pay $150. I think I remember that set fines can't be negotiated if pleading guilty. I may be more comfortable with an interpreter of my language if that helps
Jul 20, 2016
56 posts
8 upvotes
not4sale wrote:
Aug 29th, 2016 1:24 pm
Hi,

I just got a parking ticket(yellow from City of Toronto) in a shopping plaza, I don't mind paying the ticket, but the thing is, it doesn't tell me how much. On the last line in the infraction box, There is no set fine amount, no code or X, only "TP" is written in the Type of Infraction. Is this considered an incomplete ticket? What should I do? Ignore it or scan a copy and send it to enquires or dispute and hope to have it thrown out? Thanks in advance.
If amount is missing. Then your ticket will be cancelled
Oct 12, 2005
723 posts
16 upvotes
Toronto
I just got a ticket on infraction code 403 for stopped during rush hour on spring garden ave in North York. I'm just curious would this be on a sign somewhere? I'm not familiar with that are and it was nighttime so I didn't see the sign. And I paid for the parking too, and had the parking ticket on the dash. First time getting something like this. Would someone be able to clarify this for me?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 11, 2008
6991 posts
982 upvotes
deals newbie wrote:
Nov 4th, 2016 8:49 pm
I just got a ticket on infraction code 403 for stopped during rush hour on spring garden ave in North York. I'm just curious would this be on a sign somewhere? I'm not familiar with that are and it was nighttime so I didn't see the sign. And I paid for the parking too, and had the parking ticket on the dash. First time getting something like this. Would someone be able to clarify this for me?
Sounds like you parked in a no parking zone rather than a "paid" parking zone. That's why you got a ticket. Machines are programmed not to take money when if the whole street is has a no parking restriction.
Dec 26, 2012
784 posts
362 upvotes
Canada
"(Code No. 8) Stand Vehicle - signed highway during prohibited (times/days)"

Technically my car was in "no standing sign", but I didn't realize it meant no parking. Is it worth fighting the ticket? Any chance of it getting lowered? Never had a parking ticket or speeding ticket before.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2002
7106 posts
430 upvotes
Toronto
Flames wrote:
Nov 9th, 2016 10:00 pm
"(Code No. 8) Stand Vehicle - signed highway during prohibited (times/days)"

Technically my car was in "no standing sign", but I didn't realize it meant no parking. Is it worth fighting the ticket? Any chance of it getting lowered? Never had a parking ticket or speeding ticket before.
I doubt you'd have any mercy on this and your past record of no tickets doesn't matter. You're lucky you weren't towed.
Did I post something that interests you? Feel free to PM further questions.
Feb 18, 2009
845 posts
256 upvotes
Thornhill
With an accessible parking permit. Can I park overnight parallel to the sidewalk where parking is prohibited from 2am-7am? I am asking about Thornhil.
Nov 12, 2016
1 posts
I have a question about parking tickets, if a sign in East York says parking prohibited from 8-10 and 3-5 mon-fri, and I park there on a Saturday would I get a ticket?
Nov 15, 2016
1 posts
Hello. So yesterday I got a ticket for $50 on a code 5. I filed to have a court case against it. It was a Park signed highway during prohibited time/day, but I had my car in more than halfway in between the arrows of the no parking sigh. Would I win the case? I was also pretty alarmed about the ticket and just drove off without taking a picture as evidence to prove my innocence. What to do now?
Nov 18, 2016
1 posts
Hi guys,

I got a 50$ ticket in Toronto last week (I was parked on 20 Edward Street - found later on the Internet it's a "hot spot" for tickets). I am from Montréal (so my plate is from Quebec) and I red online that ON has no way to track an out-province plate.
When connecting to the website I can only search with ticket number and plate number but the search based on the car owner doesn't work so it seems they don't know who the car belongs to yet. My question is : when the 15 days pass, will they do something to track the plate? Thanks.
Jul 6, 2002
424 posts
22 upvotes
Markham
SahibX wrote:
Dec 30th, 2015 6:53 pm
So I take this in to the office and ask to take this to court instead of it being immediately cancelled with proof of the actual make of the car (registration)?
I would be interested in a response to this as well. I'm in the same predicament. Is this a ticket that can be cancelled at court? What proof (other than registration) would I need? Any help would be appreciated.
Aug 18, 2004
155 posts
22 upvotes
Toronto
I have a question, looking to purchase a parking permit for a guest. On our street it says 1 hour maximum between the hours of 10am-6pm and permit only from 12am to 10am. My question is with a permit is my guest allowed to park for more than 1 hour during 10am-6pm?