Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2006
1872 posts
122 upvotes
Downtown Toronto
Chevy333 wrote:
Sep 18th, 2016 10:04 pm
Hey,

I have a ticket for 150 dollars for parking in a no standing sign area. However the ticket says transit stop zone but the bus stop is literally 40 metres away. The ticket is for 2112 danforth avenue. And it says on it NR 2112 danforth ave I looked it up on google street view and saw the signs. What does the NR stand for?

Do you think I can fight it?

Thanks in advance
alias_neo wrote:
Oct 21st, 2016 5:01 pm
I was picking up my girlfriend from work because she was sick and was headed to the hospital. I got hit with a "STOP - SIGNED HIGHWAY - DURING RUSH HOUR PERIOD" ticket for a set fine amoint of $150. I don't expect to win but I there a chance I can get it reduced t a reasonable amount? Yes I know I parked illegally for 90seconds during rush hour but I really don't want to pay $150. I think I remember that set fines can't be negotiated if pleading guilty. I may be more comfortable with an interpreter of my language if that helps

Got you and danforth too eh!? I pulled over cause I was lost to make a phone call it was after rush hour too 30 seconds as I was driving off ticket guy ran up to my window and dropped $150 ticket in my lap.
they just give $150 tickets out like candy

I am going for my trial tomorrow i have never done this before it is at 1530 Markham, looks like you have to pay for parking everywhere holy.. ( google street view) does anyone know how much the parking is or where my cheap ass could park and walk over. I know i know but damn man..

I am actually really nervous I have no idea what to expect or to do.
Mar 23, 2005
356 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
yatta wrote:
Dec 19th, 2016 6:45 pm
Got you and danforth too eh!? I pulled over cause I was lost to make a phone call it was after rush hour too 30 seconds as I was driving off ticket guy ran up to my window and dropped $150 ticket in my lap.
they just give $150 tickets out like candy

I am going for my trial tomorrow i have never done this before it is at 1530 Markham, looks like you have to pay for parking everywhere holy.. ( google street view) does anyone know how much the parking is or where my cheap ass could park and walk over. I know i know but damn man..

I am actually really nervous I have no idea what to expect or to do.
How was it? Were you atleast able to get it reduced?
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2006
1872 posts
122 upvotes
Downtown Toronto
alias_neo wrote:
Dec 21st, 2016 7:40 pm
this is weird I posted in the other merged thread and it doesn't show up on here. this was is inactive compared to the other thread.

anyway what happend was.. i left to go at 2pm, my car wouuldn't start. battery dead. so i missed it I accepted it but people are telling me I can still get a new date? is that true! I called when i was in my car with the dead battery and the person said only thing I could do is get someone to show up on my behalf and ask them for a new date because your car didn't start and cant make it ...
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2008
1951 posts
192 upvotes
Thornhill
so i got a 75$ ticket in richmond hill for parking between 1 am and 4am? on the street... did not know this was a thing.

anyone else get ticket and go to court? will they reduce it? is it worth it..? :0
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2007
11025 posts
841 upvotes
alias_neo wrote:
Dec 21st, 2016 7:40 pm
Any parking ticket fine can not be reduced by either the JOP or the Crown. The only option is they will provide you is the time you may require in order to pay the fine off. Play the game as the city has chosen the new road to increase the revenues by increasing the fines and the number of those guys giving the tickets. If you speak another language or two, request a translator and just keep delaying. Make sure to fight the ticket.
Mar 23, 2005
356 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
eldiablo wrote:
Dec 24th, 2016 12:05 am
Any parking ticket fine can not be reduced by either the JOP or the Crown. The only option is they will provide you is the time you may require in order to pay the fine off. Play the game as the city has chosen the new road to increase the revenues by increasing the fines and the number of those guys giving the tickets. If you speak another language or two, request a translator and just keep delaying. Make sure to fight the ticket.
I requested a certain dialect of my mother tongue which I feel more comfortable speaking in but they didn't have it in the options so i was told to choose one from the list or bring my own interpreter. Is this allowed? I would feel more comfortable within my language dialect
Oct 19, 2013
1 posts
Vaughan
My Story
I was running to a meeting at Young an Eglinton. On Old Orchard there is a an indent into the road, space for 6 cars with a meter. I paid for the ticket and went. When I came back I found a $450!! ticket. Turns out, the last 2 spots in the enclave was a handicapped loading area. There was a sign, but very poor signage i.e. one little sign on top of the sign that says paid parking. Had this been a $45 or $60 I would pay it no problem, but $450 is outrageous especially as there was very poor signage. There was one other car there as well with the same ticket. I requested a trial date which is now set for June. Now what else should I do?
Oct 24, 2004
520 posts
67 upvotes
On Dec 24th Christmas Eve I got a $60.00 parking ticket for parking before the pole for 1 hour parking and the arrow does show no parking before the pole, the arrow threw me off but my fault. I was going pick up donuts (San Remo bakery best donuts in the gta) with my two little sons. There was a line up to get in so I can still see my car. Within 1 minute I get a ticket. It was like the guy was waiting for me. Any chance to lower it and does the guy who issues the ticket do they show up to court?
My car would be the black SUV.
IMG_9175.PNG
May 17, 2012
252 posts
23 upvotes
Toronto
Cameraguy23 wrote:
Dec 27th, 2016 8:32 am
On Dec 24th Christmas Eve I got a $60.00 parking ticket for parking before the pole for 1 hour parking and the arrow does show no parking before the pole, the arrow threw me off but my fault. I was going pick up donuts (San Remo bakery best donuts in the gta) with my two little sons. There was a line up to get in so I can still see my car. Within 1 minute I get a ticket. It was like the guy was waiting for me. Any chance to lower it and does the guy who issues the ticket do they show up to court?
My car would be the black SUV.
IMG_9175.PNG
They get paid to be there in most cases court is easy and mandatory over time. Unless they are on vacation or doing something else when they need to be in court they will show up.
May 17, 2012
252 posts
23 upvotes
Toronto
ijcy wrote:
Nov 13th, 2016 12:09 am
With an accessible parking permit. Can I park overnight parallel to the sidewalk where parking is prohibited from 2am-7am? I am asking about Thornhil.
Incorrect. Thornhill is part of Vaughan which only allows people with handicap permits to park in handicap spots. They do not allow exemptions for 3hr and 2-7am like Toronto.
All municipalities have different rules when it comes to what kind of exemptions people with handicap permits can have.
Nov 21, 2005
8 posts
Richmond Hill
So in your first post, you said that any parking tickets that didn't have a matching make & model of the car would be cancelled. Apparently that's NOT the case. I received a parking ticket in the mail that didn't belong to me. Looks like the officer wrote down the wrong plates. It was on a weekday afternoon, which didn't make sense to me because me & my wife are NEVER downtown. We both work in Markham.

I went to their clerks office & verified that indeed the make & model didn't match with my car, however she said I still needed to set a court date. The court date is set at 9am on a weekday in DOWNTOWN. So now I gotta take time off work, drive in RUSH HOUR to downtown, pay for parking, JUST TO FIGHT A TICKET THAT DOESN"T BELONG TO ME. Am I still going to do it? Probably because of the principle.. But this just sounds like a robbery by the city as I know most people will just pay it. (The ticket was only $40)
Temp. Banned
Dec 27, 2016
80 posts
41 upvotes
Hi,

I parked my car (new driver just driving for a week now on my own car, have a G license) So I parked at the side of the street where it said 1 hour free, (please see the picture)

The sign read, no stopping from 7 Am to 10 AM, and 3 PM to 7 PM. 1 hour parking outside these hours.

So I parked my car around 2:50, there is a mcdonalds right there without a drive through, I went to get coffee, quickly when I returned at 2:57, I see the officer placing 2 tickets and my car is already on the tow vehicle by JP Towing.
I was like what the hell, because I am new, I am always in doubt that it might be my mistake. The officer charged me 2 ticekts for 150 dollars each, but told me I am going to take one away because you are new, to make me feel better. But he also said, if you want your car back right now, you need to pay them 90 Plus tax because they are different contracters. I talk to the guys they say he is he boss, we dont know. They acted very guilty because they thought whoever parked here wont return for long or whatever but I came back before 3 PM.

So the officer tries to convince me that hey one ticket is better than 2 and because I am inexperienced I thought it might be my fault. But the guy on the side walk said, they are ripping you off buddy, it is totally legal to park until 3. If you had left before 3, they dont have anything against you and you are already here.

At this point the towing guys are pressuring me that, hey you pay here its only 110 tax included, if you let us go then you need to take a cab there and the storage charges etc youll be paying more than 200 dollars.

I really did not know what to do, and it was the worst moment so I had to pay the drop fee to get the car back and the officer with a grin saying you can fight this in the court good luck and walked off.

What should I I do to get the money back from the towing company, because how could they legally tow a car that is parked legally?? Who gives them the rights? Is there a way I can dispute the charge with my credit card company? Do credit card companies VISA have a code for illegal charges?

Please help me.

Please see the attached images.

http://imgur.com/a/ArTPK
May 17, 2012
252 posts
23 upvotes
Toronto
User042404 wrote:
Dec 28th, 2016 4:38 pm
Hi,

I parked my car (new driver just driving for a week now on my own car, have a G license) So I parked at the side of the street where it said 1 hour free, (please see the picture)

The sign read, no stopping from 7 Am to 10 AM, and 3 PM to 7 PM. 1 hour parking outside these hours.

So I parked my car around 2:50, there is a mcdonalds right there without a drive through, I went to get coffee, quickly when I returned at 2:57, I see the officer placing 2 tickets and my car is already on the tow vehicle by JP Towing.
I was like what the hell, because I am new, I am always in doubt that it might be my mistake. The officer charged me 2 ticekts for 150 dollars each, but told me I am going to take one away because you are new, to make me feel better. But he also said, if you want your car back right now, you need to pay them 90 Plus tax because they are different contracters. I talk to the guys they say he is he boss, we dont know. They acted very guilty because they thought whoever parked here wont return for long or whatever but I came back before 3 PM.

So the officer tries to convince me that hey one ticket is better than 2 and because I am inexperienced I thought it might be my fault. But the guy on the side walk said, they are ripping you off buddy, it is totally legal to park until 3. If you had left before 3, they dont have anything against you and you are already here.

At this point the towing guys are pressuring me that, hey you pay here its only 110 tax included, if you let us go then you need to take a cab there and the storage charges etc youll be paying more than 200 dollars.

I really did not know what to do, and it was the worst moment so I had to pay the drop fee to get the car back and the officer with a grin saying you can fight this in the court good luck and walked off.

What should I I do to get the money back from the towing company, because how could they legally tow a car that is parked legally?? Who gives them the rights? Is there a way I can dispute the charge with my credit card company? Do credit card companies VISA have a code for illegal charges?

Please help me.

Please see the attached images.

http://imgur.com/a/ArTPK
Probably the reason he said to fight it is bc he knew he messed up ( one thing i don't say on here too often ) but officer clearly messed up and he knows you will get off in court.
No idea about tow charges bc clearly you should not have been getting those. Also wonder what the 2nd ticket would have been for??
Mar 25, 2015
1 posts
Toronto, ON
Please help here.
I got a ticket for $40 PARK-SIGNED HWY-EXC PERMIT TIME from 15:10 to 16:17.

We park there all the time and never got a ticket all of a sudden this.

Please shed some lights. Thank you!
Dec 29, 2012
411 posts
128 upvotes
Toronto
Is street parking in Toronto enforced today, New Year Day?
I googled and found a press release from Toronto police from last year saying street parking is not enforced on stat holidays, but am unable to find anything official for this year.