Automotive

[Merged] Ask me anything about TORONTO Parking Tickets

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 24th, 2017 12:17 pm
Oct 26, 2006
664 posts
3 upvotes
Committed the infraction: Code 9 - Stop - Signed Highway - During Prohibited (time/day).

Issue I have is that I had an accessible parking permit displayed, and there were no rush hour limitations (which I am not exempted from) indicated.

Thoughts? I would be the black car in the attached picture.
Images
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2015
1244 posts
517 upvotes
afici0nad0 wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 2:40 pm
Committed the infraction: Code 9 - Stop - Signed Highway - During Prohibited (time/day).

Issue I have is that I had an accessible parking permit displayed, and there were no rush hour limitations (which I am not exempted from) indicated.

Thoughts? I would be the black car in the attached picture.
That looks like a No Stopping sign.... you're not exempt from posted No Standing and No Stopping areas with your accessible parking permit.
Feb 19, 2012
1 posts
TORONTO
I was given a ticket showing code 364: "Stand vehicle in on-street accessible parking space without proper display of valid permit" at a spot that had only just changed to a disabled loading zone a few days earlier. I had parked there weekly for over a year without any problems before it was changed . It was a dark rainy night so I didn't see the new signs on the pole being too preoccupied with getting out of the car and running from the rain. From reading the Toronto municipal parking code I noticed that disabled parking spaces and disabled loading zones are treated in different clauses so I thought code 364 might be wrong in this situation. I applied to see if that was grounds for cancelling the ticket but was refused. Given the amount involved I did a bit more research and I've found references to both Code 361 and Code 369 for disabled loading zones but I couldn't find the wordings associated with these codes. Is there a difference significant difference between these two codes (361 and 369) and Code 364? Should I fight the ticket? Thanks.
Jan 21, 2011
13 posts
4 upvotes
I received a parking ticket on Danforth and Broadview at 8:59PM for Code No. 207: "Parking machine-Required fee not paid", 1 minute before 9PM free parking, I did not put in money into the pay and display because I left my car at 8:57 and I figured 3 minutes was safe from parking enforcement, of course I was wrong. I was reading that 10 minutes grace period for pay and display receipt holders, does this situation apply to me? Should I attempt to get it cancelled or is my only option to set a court date?
Oct 26, 2006
664 posts
3 upvotes
superfresh89 wrote:
Mar 19th, 2017 5:44 pm
That looks like a No Stopping sign.... you're not exempt from posted No Standing and No Stopping areas with your accessible parking permit.
ahh... the No Stopping sign. wasn't aware that I was not exempt from No Stopping.

thanks. lesson learned...
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel