Automotive

[Merged] Ask me anything about TORONTO Parking Tickets

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 26th, 2017 3:19 pm
Oct 26, 2006
669 posts
4 upvotes
Committed the infraction: Code 9 - Stop - Signed Highway - During Prohibited (time/day).

Issue I have is that I had an accessible parking permit displayed, and there were no rush hour limitations (which I am not exempted from) indicated.

Thoughts? I would be the black car in the attached picture.
Images
  • ParkingInfraction_BP215505.jpg
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2015
1860 posts
978 upvotes
afici0nad0 wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 2:40 pm
Committed the infraction: Code 9 - Stop - Signed Highway - During Prohibited (time/day).

Issue I have is that I had an accessible parking permit displayed, and there were no rush hour limitations (which I am not exempted from) indicated.

Thoughts? I would be the black car in the attached picture.
That looks like a No Stopping sign.... you're not exempt from posted No Standing and No Stopping areas with your accessible parking permit.
Feb 19, 2012
1 posts
TORONTO
I was given a ticket showing code 364: "Stand vehicle in on-street accessible parking space without proper display of valid permit" at a spot that had only just changed to a disabled loading zone a few days earlier. I had parked there weekly for over a year without any problems before it was changed . It was a dark rainy night so I didn't see the new signs on the pole being too preoccupied with getting out of the car and running from the rain. From reading the Toronto municipal parking code I noticed that disabled parking spaces and disabled loading zones are treated in different clauses so I thought code 364 might be wrong in this situation. I applied to see if that was grounds for cancelling the ticket but was refused. Given the amount involved I did a bit more research and I've found references to both Code 361 and Code 369 for disabled loading zones but I couldn't find the wordings associated with these codes. Is there a difference significant difference between these two codes (361 and 369) and Code 364? Should I fight the ticket? Thanks.
Jan 21, 2011
15 posts
4 upvotes
I received a parking ticket on Danforth and Broadview at 8:59PM for Code No. 207: "Parking machine-Required fee not paid", 1 minute before 9PM free parking, I did not put in money into the pay and display because I left my car at 8:57 and I figured 3 minutes was safe from parking enforcement, of course I was wrong. I was reading that 10 minutes grace period for pay and display receipt holders, does this situation apply to me? Should I attempt to get it cancelled or is my only option to set a court date?
Oct 26, 2006
669 posts
4 upvotes
superfresh89 wrote:
Mar 19th, 2017 5:44 pm
That looks like a No Stopping sign.... you're not exempt from posted No Standing and No Stopping areas with your accessible parking permit.
ahh... the No Stopping sign. wasn't aware that I was not exempt from No Stopping.

thanks. lesson learned...
Mar 26, 2017
1 posts
1231233.jpg
12312 - 副本.jpg
Hi guys, I got this ticket for Code 5 on a Sunday evening on Yonge ST. I believe I parked my car right under a sign illustrating valid parking hour. I had other cars in front and behind me without tickets.

I paid my parking fee (as indicated in the picture) at 19:07 and placed on the dash immediately, whereas the infraction notice was issued 7:11 PM (also in the picture).

Do you guys think I have a chance to argue?

Thank you.
Jan 25, 2012
165 posts
59 upvotes
Hi OP,

My girlfriend's car was parked in North York Toronto after 2AM March 26. Was issued a ticket for "Winter Bylaw", no parking between 2 AM to 6AM Dec 1 to March 31.

The ticket was issued at 2:02 AM without a grace period. Do you know if we can fight this?

Thanks!
Jan 21, 2011
15 posts
4 upvotes
I think you meet the criteria to dispute your ticket via email - http://www1.toronto.ca/wps/portal/conte ... d60f89RCRD
Shadowthefox wrote:
Mar 27th, 2017 9:20 am
1231233.jpg12312 - 副本.jpg

Hi guys, I got this ticket for Code 5 on a Sunday evening on Yonge ST. I believe I parked my car right under a sign illustrating valid parking hour. I had other cars in front and behind me without tickets.

I paid my parking fee (as indicated in the picture) at 19:07 and placed on the dash immediately, whereas the infraction notice was issued 7:11 PM (also in the picture).

Do you guys think I have a chance to argue?

Thank you.
Jan 21, 2011
15 posts
4 upvotes
JayC913 wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 11:27 pm
I received a parking ticket on Danforth and Broadview at 8:59PM for Code No. 207: "Parking machine-Required fee not paid", 1 minute before 9PM free parking, I did not put in money into the pay and display because I left my car at 8:57 and I figured 3 minutes was safe from parking enforcement, of course I was wrong. I was reading that 10 minutes grace period for pay and display receipt holders, does this situation apply to me? Should I attempt to get it cancelled or is my only option to set a court date?

I ended up taking this to the temporary parking office at City Hall and they cancelled it on the spot, the lady said it was ridiculous that i got the ticket at 8:59.
Jul 5, 2010
5 posts
Hi gang. So i have a street parking permit that allows me to park from January to May, as long as I move the car to the other side of the street at the middle of the month. yet somehow I still got three tickets in three in 3 days from the same parking officer, cited for parking longer then a hour. I don't even understand. What is the person's problem? I am legally allowed to park there. Now I can't even go back to the street, even if I go back they will come back to ticket me again.

What should I do? I really don't want to spend time to fight the tickets in court, but I am no way paying 120$ dollars. Are they going to throw the ticket out if I show up at the court office with my parking permit papers? Thanks
Apr 24, 2017
2 posts
I got a 150$ ticket for parking in fire route. It was in July around 40 degrees I took my 73 year old mom to the pharmacy of a shopping center under construction for at most 10 minutes and there were clearly not enough parking spots. (I would never have parked there if I even suspected it was the fire route) . The sign was not close enough in my opinion to the point that I had no idea it was the fire route and there was no indication on the asphalt. Lots of other people got tickets too for the same reason. I have a picture attached , my car is the silver Mitsubishi. Can someone please review and give me any reasons I can use to get this dropped? I was not parked next to the fence and don't think the fire truck would take more space than was available.
Images
  • 20160729_174219.jpg
  • 20160729_174115.jpg
May 17, 2012
251 posts
23 upvotes
Toronto
LaPerlerare wrote:
Apr 26th, 2017 6:59 am
I got a 150$ ticket for parking in fire route. It was in July around 40 degrees I took my 73 year old mom to the pharmacy of a shopping center under construction for at most 10 minutes and there were clearly not enough parking spots. (I would never have parked there if I even suspected it was the fire route) . The sign was not close enough in my opinion to the point that I had no idea it was the fire route and there was no indication on the asphalt. Lots of other people got tickets too for the same reason. I have a picture attached , my car is the silver Mitsubishi. Can someone please review and give me any reasons I can use to get this dropped? I was not parked next to the fence and don't think the fire truck would take more space than was available.
Was this Toronto? Every municipality have different fines for parking in the fire route. If this was Toronto that it seems like bogus fine bc in city of Toronto fine for Parking in Fire Route is $250 how ever - every municipality is different.

With sign behind on fence and you not parking with in designated parking space i would say you are in fire route.

Under the new provincial legislation fire route signs only required at start and end of the driveway when such driveway is designated is fire route.
Now sign is properly positioned, unobstructed and clearly near your vehicle.
Now you can go down to the city where offence took place and request to see fire route plan for that property (probably will cost money and time ) to confirm where the fire route should be on the said property.

How ever - Being construction done on site chances are all permits have been abstained and fire route had to be temporarily relocated - once again you would need to see the site and building plans to confirm or denny that.

I've seen time and time again- your photo clearly shows you are in the fire route and judge will convict you if you enter them into evidence.

Only other thing if you can create reasonable dought that you should have been charged with parking in a non designated parking spot vs a fire route.

Also ground marking are not required for fire routes just like they are not required for handicap spots .

Heres a link for Toronto Fire Route information
http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/municode/1184_880.pdf

Hope this helps
Sep 13, 2012
147 posts
31 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
Hello,

I received a parking ticket yesterday in the city of Toronto. The location of infraction listed on the ticket doesn't exist. That is to say, the location is listed as NR 77 XXXXXX St. and no such physical address appears at that location. Just to clarify I'm not suggesting I parked NR 67 XXXXXX St. and making an argument that I wasn't parked at the location listed on the infraction. Simply that no such location exists on the street listed. How best to go about challenging this ticket?
Nov 2, 2015
95 posts
5 upvotes
Markham
This is my first time to receive a parking ticket and it is my first time to see this kind of parking sign.

I paid my parking fee every time in meter or lots ~ I misunderstand the sign and got ticket after 10 mins I parked. (I was just picking up my food in restaurant 2 blocks away and everyone park their car with the same sides get tickets) ~ I have free time on Monday and should i dispute this parking ticket? thanks

Deal Fanatic
Jul 14, 2008
7485 posts
1105 upvotes
Ontario
I know that the City was trying to retract the rule that if you drive away from a parking infraction before the ticket is given, it's thrown away. Has it been passed or this rule still applies?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)