Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[Merged] BB: Pre-order select Games and get $10 off plus 800 RZ Points

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 24th, 2012 11:59 am
181 replies
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2004
5148 posts
1070 upvotes
Just got the email, seems alot better than the FS deal. Still no $30 games like last year yet but getting pretty close with this one.

-click on the image to take you to the E3 staging page for BB. (nothing there yet)
"The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD."
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2007
1179 posts
468 upvotes
The email got sent to all Best Buy Gamers Club members. This deal is a bit better than what Futureshop is offering, although we do not know yet the selection of games that will qualify for this promo.
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2006
1481 posts
471 upvotes
Toronto
just got this email too. anyone know if this can be stacked with the FS $10 off in June for preordering D3?

if i find something i'll try it out and let you guys know
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2004
5148 posts
1070 upvotes
renegadez wrote: just got this email too. anyone know if this can be stacked with the FS $10 off in June for preordering D3?

if i find something i'll try it out and let you guys know

I dont know how you r going to stack the FS $10 off with the BB promo?? ..

edit:

you might be able to stack it with the FS order for INSTANT off versus waiting for the $10 rewardzone cert to be generated. But reading the email for that code it says it cant be stacked with other offers, lets hope FS hasnt noticed that yet lol
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2007
6706 posts
2352 upvotes
If this is a re-post, my apologies and please delete mods.

I received an email a few minutes ago regarding E3 pre-orders. $10 off pre-orders on latest E3 titles plus 800 Reward Zone points ($10 value) on select pre-orders.

[IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/2gw6cmr.jpg[/IMG]

When you click the pre-order now link, it takes you here:

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/e3.aspx

The 2011 E3 games are still listed so I assume it'll get updated as we head closer to E3 2012.
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2006
1481 posts
471 upvotes
Toronto
akz wrote: I dont know how you r going to stack the FS $10 off with the BB promo?? ..

if you order online you can usually use FS promo codes and gc's on BB orders and vice versa...

unless that's changed
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2004
5148 posts
1070 upvotes
renegadez wrote: if you order online you can usually use FS promo codes and gc's on BB orders and vice versa...

unless that's changed
I know that applies to the GCs but not sure about promo codes, if that works then it would make this even more sweeter.
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2008
7286 posts
1329 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
TheHeeyyy wrote: This deal is a bit better than what Futureshop is offering,
Not sure how this is any better then the FS one. You get $10 off up front and get $10 back about 40 days after you pick the game up that you can use on future purchases.
At least at FS you get $20 off right away, down side is you gotta order 3 games in order to get the deal, but still you get more for your money sooner at FS imo.
Steam: SpectralMeat
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2008
2931 posts
1523 upvotes
North York
Where's my 10 off singles, 15 off each for two games, 20 off each for 3+ games!

Is this a useless and deletable post if I don't follow up by explaining that last year for E3, FS or BB provided such an offer shortly after the 10 off single copies promotion?

I hope that they will allow people to pre-order multiple copies of the same game if/when they do a repeat promotion multiple game discount. Some would say pre order for this deal and cancel later, but meh $10 savings for potential minor hassle.

cheers, ty op.
Deal Expert
Apr 30, 2003
24045 posts
4140 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks for posting! "Reach 400 points and you'll receive a $5 reward certificate", so that's $10+$10=$20 in savings.
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2007
1179 posts
468 upvotes
SpectralMeat wrote: Not sure how this is any better then the FS one. You get $10 off up front and get $10 back about 40 days after you pick the game up that you can use on future purchases.
At least at FS you get $20 off right away, down side is you gotta order 3 games in order to get the deal, but still you get more for your money sooner at FS imo.

Futureshop's offer is Buy 3 Get 1 Free, which is the equivalent of 25% off the total purchase. Best Buy's offer is $20 in savings, which is equivalent to 33% off.
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2005
4775 posts
534 upvotes
GTA
TheHeeyyy wrote: Futureshop's offer is Buy 3 Get 1 Free, which is the equivalent of 25% off the total purchase. Best Buy's offer is $20 in savings, which is equivalent to 33% off.

But the issue is that you'll have to wait at least 30 days to get the 800 points rewarded which will grant you a $10 Best buy-only coupon to use. They also have expiry dates.
RFD BST Feedback [107 - 0 - 0] | Heatware [72 - 0 - 0]
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2005
1443 posts
376 upvotes
Calgary
Do you get the points immideately or is there some type of waiting period from the purchase?
I know last year I had just gone with the FS promo and ordered 5 games @ $40 each.
I don't mind the promo this year as I would just order 4 @ $45 each and know they always arrived at my office on the release date which was great.
The best buy promo woudl be $50 each and then $10 off a future purchase, I am not sure if you can stack multiple coupons or not?
Aug 16, 2006
639 posts
273 upvotes
Calgary
They already have a list of games up, some of which certainly won't be at E3, as they've been out for a while. It would be pretty sweet if we could get Rayman Origins for $9.99, though!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2007
6706 posts
2352 upvotes
quazy wrote: Where's my 10 off singles, 15 off each for two games, 20 off each for 3+ games!

Is this a useless and deletable post if I don't follow up by explaining that last year for E3, FS or BB provided such an offer shortly after the 10 off single copies promotion?

I hope that they will allow people to pre-order multiple copies of the same game if/when they do a repeat promotion multiple game discount. Some would say pre order for this deal and cancel later, but meh $10 savings for potential minor hassle.

cheers, ty op.
Ya so far, last year's E3 FS promo was better. I recall getting Uncharted 3 for $40 along with some others.
bomberman447 wrote: Do you get the points immideately or is there some type of waiting period from the purchase?
I know last year I had just gone with the FS promo and ordered 5 games @ $40 each.
I don't mind the promo this year as I would just order 4 @ $45 each and know they always arrived at my office on the release date which was great.
The best buy promo woudl be $50 each and then $10 off a future purchase, I am not sure if you can stack multiple coupons or not?
Usually with BB RZ points it takes a while for them to be deposited in your account. Furthermore they only get released for printing on Thursdays. If FS has it's save up to $20 with multiple pre-orders, I'd rather go for that.
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2011
1660 posts
724 upvotes
I hope Vita games qualify. $20 for a game would be hot.
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2008
7286 posts
1329 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
TheHeeyyy wrote: Futureshop's offer is Buy 3 Get 1 Free, which is the equivalent of 25% off the total purchase. Best Buy's offer is $20 in savings, which is equivalent to 33% off.

Actually the reward zone points can not be applied towards your purchases, you have to use them on future purchases, so in the end you have to spend even more money to use the reward zone coupons. Where as FS you get the $20 off right away from your games prices.
So at the end you end up paying more for the BB order and you gotta wait for your coupons to come back which you can spend on something else. Guess it is okay if you are only interested in 1 or 2 games. I personally will not preorder anything probably. With games dropping to $39.99 within 2 months after release, it just isn't worth paying full price for games anymore. At least not for me.
Steam: SpectralMeat
Oct 4, 2009
90 posts
13 upvotes
Québec
Is it online only?

Maybe I'm the only one, but I got horrible experiences with online pre-orders at Best Buy. I pre-ordered on their site 2 times, and with both games I received them around a MONTH after release. Yeah, I saved 5-10$, but if I pre-order, it's because I want to have the game close to launch date...

The deal is pretty good, but if it's online only, I think I will pass!