Ongoing Deal Discussion

BBQ Deals Thread

Aug 20, 2015
195 posts
85 upvotes
Calgary
Out of Weber & Napoleon, which warranty program do you guys have the most faith in? Which is less hassle for getting warranty related replacement? 3 burner grill is enough for me I think, unless 4 burner is not much more and worth it. NG probably better cuz it's cheaper per use I guess? I have a line outside, don't know what I need to connect to it though...

Weber Genesis 2 have 10 years warranty for EVERYTHING supposedly?? Though they now are made in China... But if everything is covered under warranty, then it should be fine for at least 10 years right? Anyone have experience with Weber NOT covering something under warranty?

Napoleon rogue 425rsib (or some 525 model I saw somewhere online) says 15 years for base (so the cart?), lid, SS cooking grids, 10 years for SS burners, and 5 for infrared burners, BUT only 2 years for everything else... I believe these are the only 2 rogues made in Canada right?

The premium models might be at the very limit of my budget... But come with same 10/5 years warranty for almost everything but has 50% off parts after that for life... But ppl will probably change BBQ anyways after 15 years I'm thinking? Base/lid/SS grids are for life too. Yet again ONLY 2 years for all other parts...

Napoleon: what are the parts that only have 2 years warranty coverage? they don't even have 50% off those parts either?

Cheers!
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2011
2074 posts
1599 upvotes
Vancouver
@elitekillah Rogue isn't made in Canada anymore, at least one person called recently and reported it in this thread. But they are made in China under Napoleon's supervision. Up to you on what that's worth.

Weber Gen II non-lx is made in China, again under Weber's supervision. Gen II LX is made in North America.

Weber warranty: https://www.weber.com/CA/en/service/war ... 31692.html

Napoleon warranty: https://www.napoleongrills.com/Support/ ... nformation

I've only used weber for a warranty, but was satisfied with the service I got.

If you have a NG line already, it is cheaper and very nice not having to worry about tanks.
Jul 11, 2018
14 posts
35 upvotes
YMMV - The Bay is having a clearance of their BBQs (Weber and Broil King). 20% extra on top of clearance price (suppose to start on 13th, but the sales associate gave it to me)
Images
  • 6157C2B6-3D1B-4096-9E20-E81E29715526.png
  • 238769F6-3C76-441E-8AE8-17CD9D23CDBA.jpeg
  • FA596066-1B07-4A50-8366-8789726893D4.jpeg
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2011
2074 posts
1599 upvotes
Vancouver
crystal119911 wrote: YMMV - The Bay is having a clearance of their BBQs (Weber and Broil King). 20% extra on top of clearance price (suppose to start on 13th, but the sales associate gave it to me)
Good for price matching at home depot! Did that for the Q1200 last time the bay had a sale and got an extra 10% off the difference without having to wait for the bay to ship.

edit: oh, this most likely won't be posted online, so showing it to HD may be more difficult.
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2003
1960 posts
277 upvotes
rpakdel wrote: The Weber II LX e-440 does come with the SS grates and yes, it’s the thinner ones (compared to BROil King and Napoleon). The next model up Genesis was in the mid $2000 range ... way out of my range.

I
The Weber Genesis II LX CSE-340 (black lid) and the CSS-340, both, come with the thicker 9mm SS grates vs the standard 7mm SS grates. They cost an extra $100 though.
Deal Guru
Jul 5, 2001
10109 posts
12727 upvotes
Toronto
Just want to mention the customer service and Broil King has been amazing. I have a Baron 440 and ever since I got it installed, it has taken more than 20mins to get up to 400 and when food is on the grill, it hovers around 300. When I turn on the burners sequentially, I can hear the (natural) gas well in the first and second burner but can barely hear anything when I tried to light the third and fourth. I called Broil King and they asked what the WCP was set to (needs to be 7) and I said that I'd have to pay out of pocket for a gas tech to check. CSR said he'll send me a control assembly first (free - under warranty) and if that didn't work, then suggested I call in the gas tech. Thanks @Sypsy for recommending them!
Aug 6, 2012
396 posts
520 upvotes
AURORA
crystal119911 wrote: YMMV - The Bay is having a clearance of their BBQs (Weber and Broil King). 20% extra on top of clearance price (suppose to start on 13th, but the sales associate gave it to me)
What Hudson's Bay is this?
Deal Expert
Jun 24, 2006
15769 posts
11167 upvotes
Rather than start a new thread somewhere, this seems likes the best place to ask.

I would love to get a Kamodo grill or. Pellet grill. I have enough points on my AMEX to get the Broil King Keg 5000. Would this be a good option for essentially is a free BBQ? I am not experienced with a Kamodo nor with charcoal, but I am sure I can pick it up quick.
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2011
2074 posts
1599 upvotes
Vancouver
Gutty96 wrote: Rather than start a new thread somewhere, this seems likes the best place to ask.

I would love to get a Kamodo grill or. Pellet grill. I have enough points on my AMEX to get the Broil King Keg 5000. Would this be a good option for essentially is a free BBQ? I am not experienced with a Kamodo nor with charcoal, but I am sure I can pick it up quick.
Check out the various forums for way more info:
https://www.kamadoguru.com/forum/14-big ... bubba-keg/
http://forum.bigsteelkeg.com/index.php? ... &board=3.0

One good thing is that you can use charcoal or lump without worrying about any binders leaching into ceramic (since it's all steel. And whether it's a legitimate concern is up to debate). Typically kamado users use lump though.

Free is free, so telling you to spend more for an alternative makes no sense. As for pellet vs kamado, you can also find people on either side of the debate. Does AMEX have a pellet grill available for essentially free too?

Youtube is a great resource. Let's find some stuff you could cook on it:
Ribs:

Brisket:

Pulled pork / pork shoulder butt:

Anyway, have fun.
Nov 24, 2003
573 posts
258 upvotes
crystal119911 wrote: Kingsway Mall, Edmonton AB
Which bbq did you end up getting? Southgate only had broil king signet on sale for$430. I am looking for a weber though
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2004
7220 posts
5993 upvotes
Gutty96 wrote: Rather than start a new thread somewhere, this seems likes the best place to ask.

IMHO the biggest problem with the Broil King Keg and the Chargriller Akorn (and I used to own an Akorn before I upgraded to a Vision Kamado) is the fact that they are made of metal and metal rusts. The Chargriller Akorn for example has a known design flaw where the ash pan rots out.
The Akorn was/is a great deal due to its low price vs a BGE or other ceramic type Kamado grills. It's a good introductory grill.
If you are serious about Kamado cooking, buy a ceramic grill (Pit Boss, BGE, Vision, Primo etc).
Aug 6, 2012
396 posts
520 upvotes
AURORA
GTA HBC's still have quite a few in stock:
  • HBC Queen St - Signet 90, Signet 320, $1100 Broil King
  • Markville - Weber E410 LP, Expensive Broil Kings
  • Yorkdale - Weber E310 NG
  • Pickering - Weber E310 NG
  • Scarborough Town - Weber E410 LP
No BBQ's at the Fairview and Upper Canada locations
Nov 26, 2002
134 posts
4 upvotes
London
I just got a weber e-310 from the south London location yesterday. There were also a e-410 and some Broil Kings. Note the receipt says final sale.
Now the information posted on top of it said it was NG (and I verified with the sales associate I only wanted NG)
They wrapped it all up BUT discovered it was actually propane version?!? Very disappointing.
Called in today and waiting to hear back from the manager. Hopefully they can do something (ie. find me one to exchange).
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2011
2074 posts
1599 upvotes
Vancouver
plymouthhater wrote: IMHO the biggest problem with the Broil King Keg and the Chargriller Akorn (and I used to own an Akorn before I upgraded to a Vision Kamado) is the fact that they are made of metal and metal rusts. The Chargriller Akorn for example has a known design flaw where the ash pan rots out.
The Akorn was/is a great deal due to its low price vs a BGE or other ceramic type Kamado grills. It's a good introductory grill.
If you are serious about Kamado cooking, buy a ceramic grill (Pit Boss, BGE, Vision, Primo etc).
I was going to say the same, but then I read some good reviews on the pages I linked above, like this guy who had it for 9 years with no issue except at the end: https://www.kamadoguru.com/topic/38859- ... good-ride/
So it seems to be YMMV.

Also, it's essentially free. Difficult to spend $500-$2,000 on a ceramic over something free. Get the free one first, when it dies, then all that kamado experience will be used to determine whether to spend money on a better one.
Nov 24, 2003
573 posts
258 upvotes
giltron wrote: I just got a weber e-310 from the south London location yesterday. There were also a e-410 and some Broil Kings. Note the receipt says final sale.
Now the information posted on top of it said it was NG (and I verified with the sales associate I only wanted NG)
They wrapped it all up BUT discovered it was actually propane version?!? Very disappointing.
Called in today and waiting to hear back from the manager. Hopefully they can do something (ie. find me one to exchange).
The 2 bays I was at wasn't much better. The signs were all wrong listing NG on propane bbqs, Incorrect model numbers (signet 90 on the signet 320 version) and incorrect prices
Nov 26, 2002
134 posts
4 upvotes
London
rtsen wrote: The 2 bays I was at wasn't much better. The signs were all wrong listing NG on propane bbqs, Incorrect model numbers (signet 90 on the signet 320 version) and incorrect prices
Yeah, first they were trying to convince me to convert it....and then trying to convince me on the phone the one I got was NG not propane...it says propane on the back!!
Jul 11, 2018
14 posts
35 upvotes
rtsen wrote: Which bbq did you end up getting? Southgate only had broil king signet on sale for$430. I am looking for a weber though
I bought the Weber E-310 NG; tax in $640
Nov 24, 2003
573 posts
258 upvotes
crystal119911 wrote: I bought the Weber E-310 NG; tax in $640
wow that is a great price. i'm assuming this is the genesis e-310. I went to kingsway but the sales person would only give me 20% off the regular price of $900 not the sale price. Do you know the name of the sale person you dealt with?

Went back and dealt with Sherry. She was great. Got the genesis floor model for $600
Mar 20, 2013
800 posts
1018 upvotes
Winnipeg
"I bought an e-610 propane on King street and they had lots left"

...? what was the store? how much did you pay?

Is this a thing now?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)