Ongoing Deal Discussion

BBQ Deals Thread

Deal Fanatic
Mar 30, 2004
5302 posts
2996 upvotes
Durham Region
Not for me. Cheaper model with less features, and don't really need to pay for the extra burner. Could get the E-310 at Rona for $950 in that case.
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2002
1074 posts
458 upvotes
Not my pic but looks like the bbqs are being stocked back at Costco again.

Curious, why would anyone choose the E-430 ($1100) vs the E-330 ($700)??
The E-330 is 51500 BTU (vs 41000 BTU on the E430) and also has storage with a door.
Is the E430 bigger? Looks like the E430 has 4 burners instead of 3 (plus sear) on the E330.

I got the E330 last year and been more than happy with it. Not sure what the E430 would have to offer that costs $400 more.
Images
  • 2C8DCA85-3677-445E-B6CB-E345C2D4BC5E.jpeg
  • C8A337A8-2FE6-4A04-8F52-6A144C2EE1F8.jpeg
  • 7FFF3621-E1DB-4BB8-80C5-0FDA1341C65E.jpeg
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2010
1193 posts
824 upvotes
Markham
Bincent wrote: Not my pic but looks like the bbqs are being stocked back at Costco again.

Curious, why would anyone choose the E-430 ($1100) vs the E-330 ($700)??
The E-330 is 51500 BTU (vs 41000 BTU on the E430) and also has storage with a door.
Is the E430 bigger? Looks like the E430 has 4 burners instead of 3 (plus sear) on the E330.

I got the E330 last year and been more than happy with it. Not sure what the E430 would have to offer that costs $400 more.
The Genesis line is better built than the Spirit line.

Asides from the specs and burner numbers, the materials used on each line is vastly different. For instance, the lid of the Genesis is much thicker and insulates much better than the Spirit line. This is more obvious when you inspect them in person.
I'm not sure where the Spirit II units went, since it appears that the original Spirit models are coming back up. Most of the spirit models are made in China and have vastly inferior quality parts. The original Spirit BBQs were decently made and when compared with the Spirit II, there was a significant difference in quality.

The Genesis line is all made in USA, with the exception of the E310. (Not sure if this is still valid, but it was the case as of last year.)

TLDR: Quality of parts

Genesis > Spirit > Spirit II
Apr 20, 2020
272 posts
235 upvotes
Expliciate wrote: The Genesis line is better built than the Spirit line.

Asides from the specs and burner numbers, the materials used on each line is vastly different. For instance, the lid of the Genesis is much thicker and insulates much better than the Spirit line. This is more obvious when you inspect them in person.
I'm not sure where the Spirit II units went, since it appears that the original Spirit models are coming back up. Most of the spirit models are made in China and have vastly inferior quality parts. The original Spirit BBQs were decently made and when compared with the Spirit II, there was a significant difference in quality.

The Genesis line is all made in USA, with the exception of the E310. (Not sure if this is still valid, but it was the case as of last year.)

TLDR: Quality of parts

Genesis > Spirit > Spirit II
Some of the Genesis II have been made in China since 2016.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2010
1193 posts
824 upvotes
Markham
ORKYYC wrote: Some of the Genesis II have been made in China since 2016.
The cheaper Genesis II models (E-310 and E-410) are made in China.
The Costco Spirit E-330 is made in China, and the newer Genesis II E-410 above looks to be made in China as well.
The previous Costco deal, Genesis II E-330 was made in the USA.

Regardless of the make, there is a substantial difference in the quality of materials in each line. This is largely the reason for the cost difference between them.
Nov 17, 2004
452 posts
254 upvotes
Super_Coo wrote: I realize this is a bbq deals thread but I've been having an issue with my Broil King Baron 440 for a few months now so I thought I'd see if anyone had any suggestions. The grill is approx 6 years old give or take.

When I light it up I get good little blue flames but as it's heating up a few minutes later it's mostly big yellow/orange flames and it just won't produce its usual heat. I've swapped the regulator with one I had saved years ago for some reason so I cant 100% guarantee it's good but it does the same thing. I've removed and made sure the burner tubes are all clean.

Any suggestions or thoughts?
NG or propane? If propane any chance you tripped the tank safety valve? it can happen if you turn on the tank too abruptly.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2004
7220 posts
5989 upvotes
Super_Coo wrote: I realize this is a bbq deals thread but I've been having an issue with my Broil King Baron 440 for a few months now so I thought I'd see if anyone had any suggestions. The grill is approx 6 years old give or take.

When I light it up I get good little blue flames but as it's heating up a few minutes later it's mostly big yellow/orange flames and it just won't produce its usual heat. I've swapped the regulator with one I had saved years ago for some reason so I cant 100% guarantee it's good but it does the same thing. I've removed and made sure the burner tubes are all clean.

Any suggestions or thoughts?
In Winter regulators tend to freeze up &/or the propane has a problem vaporizing in lower ambient temperatures.
Oct 30, 2019
872 posts
1805 upvotes
Fraser Valley
I want the E330 black. $699 instore, will the price drop before summer?
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2005
3456 posts
3341 upvotes
Anyone ever seen the broil king regal pellet grill on sale? Looks like one of those niche items that will never get discounted.
Apr 29, 2018
246 posts
277 upvotes
Toronto
migotist wrote: Nice.. I also went with it. There was a used good warehouse deal at 560 . Took it trusting napoleon warranty. Did you get a chance to use the grill yet ? Please do share your experience if you assembled it at the least
Circling back on this deal. I had bought a used -good item from amazon ware house deals . The Thermometer was broken on receipt and broke a small plastic holder while installation. Napolean warranty was amazing and they sent in both the items in a weeks time. Tried the BBQ in the past couple of weeks (I know , could not wait for summer) and I must say it fared well.. Goes all the way up to 600Deg F even in -10 Deg Celcius in 10 mins !! Super happy with this . Only thing I would change is the Infrared Sear station compared to the extra burner on the side. I would recommend Napolean 425 Rogue for 690 Incl tax to all the RFDers if you get one
Mother of all necessities ---> RFD
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2010
2278 posts
1888 upvotes
Expliciate wrote: The cheaper Genesis II models (E-310 and E-410) are made in China.
The Costco Spirit E-330 is made in China, and the newer Genesis II E-410 above looks to be made in China as well.
The previous Costco deal, Genesis II E-330 was made in the USA.

Regardless of the make, there is a substantial difference in the quality of materials in each line. This is largely the reason for the cost difference between them.
Key words is made in the USA, incorporating globally sourced component parts. But yes, Genesis II is substantially better than the Spirit line.
Aug 8, 2010
506 posts
583 upvotes
Find a good used all 304 stainless steel made in USA Weber.
Turn it to max heat for 20 mins then clean when cool.

Here's mine today that I got new as wedding gift in 2007
Never needed any parts as it's ALL SS but I clean it properly every new season
Never been covered, used year round. Grates are 304SS too
You can get the Genesis Platinum equivalent for around $300 usually. Better than any BBQ you can buy now.
Images
  • PXL_20210225_201341924.jpg
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2007
2095 posts
992 upvotes
YYC
I have a $350 GC for Costco. Is the E-330 a good buy for balcony in apartment? (allowed propane)
Aug 28, 2015
85 posts
14 upvotes
Brampton
Just got my hands on NAPOLEON Prestige 500 natural gas Grill, Stainless Steel (P500NSS3) for 1240$ tax in, delivered and assembled.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2004
7220 posts
5989 upvotes
-KILO- wrote: Find a good used all 304 stainless steel made in USA Weber.
Turn it to max heat for 20 mins then clean when cool.

Here's mine today that I got new as wedding gift in 2007
Never needed any parts as it's ALL SS but I clean it properly every new season
Never been covered, used year round. Grates are 304SS too
You can get the Genesis Platinum equivalent for around $300 usually. Better than any BBQ you can buy now.
If you want to learn which older Weber Grills are good and not so good:
https://tvwbb.com/forums/weber-gas-grills.91/
Oct 30, 2019
872 posts
1805 upvotes
Fraser Valley
inocent wrote: I have a $350 GC for Costco. Is the E-330 a good buy for balcony in apartment? (allowed propane)
I saw the Genesis at Costco and it was huge, the Spirit E330 LP is the perfect size. Some people in the forum say it sucks because its made in China, I was building it and it was rock solid. Parts were premium quality.
Nov 5, 2020
97 posts
37 upvotes
Manitoba
Is there a best time of year to shop for bbq deals? I'm looking for a new one for this upcoming summer. Guessing maybe winter or end of last season was the time to do it?
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
29710 posts
29127 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
SuperKing83 wrote: Is there a best time of year to shop for bbq deals? I'm looking for a new one for this upcoming summer. Guessing maybe winter or end of last season was the time to do it?
It's unclear. The pandemic lockdown resulted in a rush on BBQs(*) so there weren't many sales last year. Presumably the manufacturers replenished stocks and built even more units in anticipation. So maybe as spring approaches we'll start to see some early-bird sales.

(*) Along with an even madder rush on toilet paper. Perhaps food prepared by all the new, inexperienced BBQ chefs caused the increased demand for TP. (But remember, correlation doesn't imply causation.)
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
3259 posts
3285 upvotes
stevemiana wrote: Just got my hands on NAPOLEON Prestige 500 natural gas Grill, Stainless Steel (P500NSS3) for 1240$ tax in, delivered and assembled.
Man that's really good tax in, i need the 500 RSIB but where did you get it?
RFD is love. RFD is life. I wish I had an RFDer for a wife.

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)