Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Merged] BBQ Deals Thread

Apr 26, 2004
935 posts
30 upvotes
Thornhill
What's the difference between Weber Spirit and Genesis models? I bought Genesis E-310 for $767.44 tax in yesterday. Is it good price?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 24, 2006
5222 posts
638 upvotes
e1e0n wrote:
Mar 9th, 2017 9:19 am
What's the difference between Weber Spirit and Genesis models? I bought Genesis E-310 for $767.44 tax in yesterday. Is it good price?
I am not 100% sure, but I believe the Spirit is made in China.
Apr 26, 2004
935 posts
30 upvotes
Thornhill
I just assembled Genesis and it's amazing. Quality! Not like cheap BBQs I had before. I should have bought Weber long time ago, but was a bit concerned about the price (regular prices are just crazy).
Reviewing the post I am thinking I bought it a bit higher but still think it was a good deal. Anyway usually super deals are really hard to get now, because RFD effect wipes the good stuff swiftly.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 24, 2006
5222 posts
638 upvotes
e1e0n wrote:
Mar 10th, 2017 8:43 pm
I just assembled Genesis and it's amazing. Quality! Not like cheap BBQs I had before. I should have bought Weber long time ago, but was a bit concerned about the price (regular prices are just crazy).
Reviewing the post I am thinking I bought it a bit higher but still think it was a good deal. Anyway usually super deals are really hard to get now, because RFD effect wipes the good stuff swiftly.
As long as you are happy with the bbq and what you paid for it. That's the important thing.

BBQs like Weber and Napoleon last decades, so if you over spent by a little over this years lowest price,it really isn't a big deal when spread over the life of the grill.

Just make sure a couple times a year (I do 3, but I grill 4-7 days a week, all year) you take it apart, down to the burners and clean it out completely. You will be amazed how year after year it goes back together like when you bought it. I am in year 10 with my Napoleon, and besides a couple upgrades, I have had to replace 1 self tapping screw with a larger one.
Banned
Mar 9, 2017
26 posts
4 upvotes
Whats the best deal in the GTA? It's almost BBQ season and I just moved, can't wait start BBQing on the new deck!
Deal Fanatic
Jun 24, 2006
5222 posts
638 upvotes
ScottMiddleton wrote:
Mar 13th, 2017 1:20 pm
Whats the best deal in the GTA? It's almost BBQ season and I just moved, can't wait start BBQing on the new deck!
The best deal is a quality grill. Get a Weber or a Napoleon. (not the Chinese ones)
Mar 14, 2005
870 posts
71 upvotes
What I am going to say could be heresy, but I replaced a Chinese 10 year old 5 burner $500 stainless steel BBQ from Loblaw with a Napoleon $1,700 4 - burner with rotisserie , side sear and ...

... the $500 BBQ worked better. More consistent heat, liked the cast iron grates better than SS, got to temp quicker and roomier.
Only had to change the burner tents in the 10 years, bought some SS generics from eBay for $35, and that's it.
And I used the $500 BBQ a lot.
Mar 3, 2011
66 posts
7 upvotes
Looking for a Broil King Imperial XLS - anyone know of any good deals - NG -

Thanks
Jan 13, 2004
593 posts
95 upvotes
Vancouver
If anyone is looking for a weber charcoal BBQ, the Rona on Grandview Hwy has a floor model Weber Performer on clearance for $200 plus today is "save the tax". Regular price is $450. This deal is obviously YMMV as there is only one available for that price. If you can find one brand new in box, they're on clearance for around $365.
Nov 16, 2013
229 posts
25 upvotes
Mississauga
I am looking for this grill. I have got good feedback for it. Just want to confirm if it is good. Purely for vegetarian grill only.

Napoleon Travel Q 285 - 399 ( Amazon.ca)
Dec 29, 2008
148 posts
58 upvotes
Mississauga
vivmk20 wrote:
Mar 25th, 2017 9:03 pm
I am looking for this grill. I have got good feedback for it. Just want to confirm if it is good. Purely for vegetarian grill only.

I would recommend the weber q1200 instead simply because it has cast aluminum body and lid where as the napoleon seems to have a steel lid. Another reason is that weber has easily exchangeable parts where as napoleon might be difficult to find parts for once they start to break down.
Nov 16, 2013
229 posts
25 upvotes
Mississauga
Thanks,

Weber Q1200 does not have good stand whereas Napoleon has. Also I got feedback that spare parts are easily available if at all required as this is sturdy enough to go on for 7-8 years and I am planning to buy from Costco
RadioDude wrote:
Mar 26th, 2017 1:03 am
I would recommend the weber q1200 instead simply because it has cast aluminum body and lid where as the napoleon seems to have a steel lid. Another reason is that weber has easily exchangeable parts where as napoleon might be difficult to find parts for once they start to break down.
Jan 9, 2011
988 posts
252 upvotes
Vancouver
vivmk20 wrote:
Mar 25th, 2017 9:03 pm

I have the PRO Q285 (https://www.johnstones.com/napoleon-tra ... -unit.html) from their first year, so 2014. I haven't used it in a while (cook indoors more) but it has been a great bbq thus far. I plan to keep it for several more years.

It has two burners, while the Weber Q1200/2200 have a single burner. This allows you to cook on half and/or do indirect heating easily. I can't think of many veggies you would cook with indirect heat, but in the very least if you're cooking a large batch, it means you can keep cooked veggies warm and to the side.
Apr 19, 2008
208 posts
2 upvotes
got a weber 310 genesis 2 with the Lowers 15% off deal.
adamtheman wrote:
May 23rd, 2008 3:06 pm
How can a cashier make $20,000 a year, and a doctor make $200,000 a year? Where is the parity? Is a doctor worth 10 times as much?
😂😂