Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Merged] BBQ Deals Thread

Apr 26, 2004
914 posts
29 upvotes
Thornhill
What's the difference between Weber Spirit and Genesis models? I bought Genesis E-310 for $767.44 tax in yesterday. Is it good price?
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2006
4918 posts
527 upvotes
e1e0n wrote:
Mar 9th, 2017 9:19 am
What's the difference between Weber Spirit and Genesis models? I bought Genesis E-310 for $767.44 tax in yesterday. Is it good price?
I am not 100% sure, but I believe the Spirit is made in China.
Apr 26, 2004
914 posts
29 upvotes
Thornhill
I just assembled Genesis and it's amazing. Quality! Not like cheap BBQs I had before. I should have bought Weber long time ago, but was a bit concerned about the price (regular prices are just crazy).
Reviewing the post I am thinking I bought it a bit higher but still think it was a good deal. Anyway usually super deals are really hard to get now, because RFD effect wipes the good stuff swiftly.
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2006
4918 posts
527 upvotes
e1e0n wrote:
Mar 10th, 2017 8:43 pm
I just assembled Genesis and it's amazing. Quality! Not like cheap BBQs I had before. I should have bought Weber long time ago, but was a bit concerned about the price (regular prices are just crazy).
Reviewing the post I am thinking I bought it a bit higher but still think it was a good deal. Anyway usually super deals are really hard to get now, because RFD effect wipes the good stuff swiftly.
As long as you are happy with the bbq and what you paid for it. That's the important thing.

BBQs like Weber and Napoleon last decades, so if you over spent by a little over this years lowest price,it really isn't a big deal when spread over the life of the grill.

Just make sure a couple times a year (I do 3, but I grill 4-7 days a week, all year) you take it apart, down to the burners and clean it out completely. You will be amazed how year after year it goes back together like when you bought it. I am in year 10 with my Napoleon, and besides a couple upgrades, I have had to replace 1 self tapping screw with a larger one.
Mar 9, 2017
13 posts
2 upvotes
Whats the best deal in the GTA? It's almost BBQ season and I just moved, can't wait start BBQing on the new deck!
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2006
4918 posts
527 upvotes
ScottMiddleton wrote:
Mar 13th, 2017 1:20 pm
Whats the best deal in the GTA? It's almost BBQ season and I just moved, can't wait start BBQing on the new deck!
The best deal is a quality grill. Get a Weber or a Napoleon. (not the Chinese ones)
Mar 14, 2005
861 posts
62 upvotes
What I am going to say could be heresy, but I replaced a Chinese 10 year old 5 burner $500 stainless steel BBQ from Loblaw with a Napoleon $1,700 4 - burner with rotisserie , side sear and ...

... the $500 BBQ worked better. More consistent heat, liked the cast iron grates better than SS, got to temp quicker and roomier.
Only had to change the burner tents in the 10 years, bought some SS generics from eBay for $35, and that's it.
And I used the $500 BBQ a lot.
Mar 3, 2011
59 posts
7 upvotes
Looking for a Broil King Imperial XLS - anyone know of any good deals - NG -

Thanks
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel