Ongoing Deal Discussion

BBQ Deals Thread

Mar 22, 2012
181 posts
48 upvotes
BROSSARD
Fixed my problem with some bolt instead.

Cooked 1st sausagge today...man its good BBQing again.

Tomorrow is chickend burger time loll

Perfect size for my patio too.
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
21738 posts
21353 upvotes
Tarrana & The Ri…
I'm guessing everyone here is assembling these themselves?
Nov 6, 2012
405 posts
569 upvotes
Vaughan
JayLove06 wrote: I'm guessing everyone here is assembling these themselves?
I bought from dicksonbbq.com.
They sell them pre-assembled.
I think it was 49.99 for assembly and delivery, but they waived them. Not sure if they have stock now though.
Dec 29, 2008
588 posts
892 upvotes
Mississauga
JayLove06 wrote: I'm guessing everyone here is assembling these themselves?
I could be a minority but I enjoy assembling my own bbq. Infact, I prefer it. Who knows how much care the store installer took in assembling my bbq.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
29711 posts
29133 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
RadioDude wrote: I enjoy assembling my own bbq.
Me too.
Infact, I prefer it. Who knows how much care the store installer took in assembling my bbq.
Also makes it easier to repair or replace parts should that ever be necessary since we're more familiar with how it's put together.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2003
4250 posts
155 upvotes
Cambridge
alenalen wrote: I've had the Napoleon Prestige with Infrared side burner for over 3 years. Use the BBQ religiously including the side burner - I can confirm i've spilled water on it by mistake (pot boiling over, sauce when sauteing, rain, etc.) many times while screaming hot and haven't had issues with cracking. Not to say it can't happen, its probably one of those try your best not to as it COULD crack. Also, if it does its a replaceable part if needed.
Thanks for sharing your real world experience. Guess I was more worried than I need to be. bylo you had the right idea.
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
21738 posts
21353 upvotes
Tarrana & The Ri…
RadioDude wrote: I could be a minority but I enjoy assembling my own bbq. Infact, I prefer it. Who knows how much care the store installer took in assembling my bbq.
I assembled my mom's Weber like 20 years ago. That was pretty simple but I remember not enjoying it. If I were to get a Prestige, I figure it will take a bit more time.
Feb 27, 2007
667 posts
558 upvotes
grtlv wrote: I’m thinking to get this. Is there a better option within the price range? https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/na ... lsrc=aw.ds
You can also get the Home Depot exclusive grey Rogue XT 425 for $849.00 but they're including a free cover this weekend. Works out to about the same price if you're buying but it's technically the 'better' model.

EDIT - just noticed the Best Buy model comes with a cover, so if the HD model comes with features you'd enjoy go that way, otherwise grab the BB and save some cash.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2005
1476 posts
473 upvotes
Halifax
JayLove06 wrote: I assembled my mom's Weber like 20 years ago. That was pretty simple but I remember not enjoying it. If I were to get a Prestige, I figure it will take a bit more time.
Assembly now is pretty easy. Besides YouTube videos, some manufacturers have an app you can follow along with.
Jul 27, 2015
153 posts
70 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Been waiting on a weber deal no luck, ended up buying a Weber Q 2200 for regular price today.
Jan 12, 2003
776 posts
377 upvotes
Picked up my P500 rsib and assembled straight foreward; used the rotisserie basket for veggies and potatoes and used the side searer for the steaks before tossing on the grill;

I love the searer already and ive used it once; tomorrow chicjen wings in the basket!
2003/4 Logitech Cordless Navigator Duo | 2007 - Pepsi - Score Every Hour - XBox 360 Arcade
2007 - KFC Chicken Bowls Contest - $5 Gift Card | 2008 - Pepsi - "Win The Play" - 2 NFL Hats
2008 - WD - Crack the Code - TShirt | 2009 - Wonder Bread Watch
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
21738 posts
21353 upvotes
Tarrana & The Ri…
slade wrote: Picked up my P500 rsib and assembled straight foreward; used the rotisserie basket for veggies and potatoes and used the side searer for the steaks before tossing on the grill;

I love the searer already and ive used it once; tomorrow chicjen wings in the basket!
Where'd you get it from? NG or propane?
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2010
2842 posts
3454 upvotes
Toronto
I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who's posted info and advice in this thread! Without it I wouldn't know what to look for, what brands were good and that Broil King is related to Broil Mate.

We ended up getting a Broil Mate from Home Depot as my family's first BBQ ever. =) We wanted to get something cheaper, but good quality in case we are terrible at barbequing.

Quality seems to be good, managed to build it ourselves, it didn't blow upon starting and we ended up eating some delicious burgers. A great day!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2005
9018 posts
2816 upvotes
Ottawa
man, i thought buying a bbq is so easy but there's so much lack of inventory and options such as storage, side burner, etc.! dumb q though, I have a NG line in my new build. Can't I just connect a cable from it to the bbq? Or must this be done by a licensed person? HD is charging $200 for it, don't know what the going rate would be for this. I really want a bbq with a side grill to separate the veggies but I also don't want to spend so much on a bbq. I'm considering the rogue 525, just to ensure I have the real estate.
Dec 29, 2008
588 posts
892 upvotes
Mississauga
jeeva86 wrote: man, i thought buying a bbq is so easy but there's so much lack of inventory and options such as storage, side burner, etc.! dumb q though, I have a NG line in my new build. Can't I just connect a cable from it to the bbq? Or must this be done by a licensed person? HD is charging $200 for it, don't know what the going rate would be for this. I really want a bbq with a side grill to separate the veggies but I also don't want to spend so much on a bbq. I'm considering the rogue 525, just to ensure I have the real estate.
yes you can connect it yourself, the quick connect adaptor is literally screwed on the pipe (after pipe dope is applied to the male thread of the natural gas line), then you push in the male quick connect hose tip into the quick connect adapter. Bubble test it once you screw on the quick connector though to check for seal. If this sounds too complicated for you, ask a handy friend for help.
Jan 12, 2003
776 posts
377 upvotes
JayLove06 wrote: Where'd you get it from? NG or propane?
I picked it up from BBQ Galore in Burlington,Ontario.

Im using natural gas - had to swap out the quick connect end as I had a 3/8 from the previous bbq.

The new 1/2 quick connect even came with the bbq.
2003/4 Logitech Cordless Navigator Duo | 2007 - Pepsi - Score Every Hour - XBox 360 Arcade
2007 - KFC Chicken Bowls Contest - $5 Gift Card | 2008 - Pepsi - "Win The Play" - 2 NFL Hats
2008 - WD - Crack the Code - TShirt | 2009 - Wonder Bread Watch
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2005
9018 posts
2816 upvotes
Ottawa
RadioDude wrote: yes you can connect it yourself, the quick connect adaptor is literally screwed on the pipe (after pipe dope is applied to the male thread of the natural gas line), then you push in the male quick connect hose tip into the quick connect adapter. Bubble test it once you screw on the quick connector though to check for seal. If this sounds too complicated for you, ask a handy friend for help.
ok that's good to know, I just wasn't sure because HD's install states:
To Existing Gas Line
$199.00 / each
Recommended if:
You have an existing outdoor natural gas line
Price Includes:
Assembly of the BBQ in customer's designated area
Connection of the BBQ to the existing natural gas line
All required connection hardware
Appropriate tests and hanging of gas tag as required --> do I self tag or something :)
Post-assembly clean up of job site
Instructions for proper product usage and maintenance
1-year labour warranty
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2005
9018 posts
2816 upvotes
Ottawa
pulled the trigger on rogue 425 w/ SB, feels so strange having to pay reg price as an rfd'er but seems like finding any bbq is tough already and will probably get close to impossible soon!

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)