Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Merged] BBQ Deals Thread

Feb 18, 2013
126 posts
38 upvotes
Ottawa
In case anyone is looking for a Napoleon Prestige or Prestige Pro, I've been scouring for weeks trying to find a deal. By chance, I popped into a local dealer in Ottawa today, to see there's a system wide reduction in prices. Napoleon Prestige base model price is discounted by $150 and the Pro by $200. Checked amazon.ca and sure enough, the price is lower there as well. I'll buy from my local dealer to help the small guy out.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 5, 2001
5344 posts
2280 upvotes
frugalcanuck wrote:
Jun 16th, 2018 9:22 pm
Here is the coupon, expires Aug 3.
I forgot to mention the Danforth & Vic Park store does have these coupons - it's on the coupon board at the entrance, not in the BBQ section.
Apr 8, 2007
511 posts
62 upvotes
the bbq sales person told me they cannot apply to couple to their bbqs... this is at victoria bc.

looks like to i have to order one online.
Living in this big world, I have a little dream.
Feb 7, 2010
199 posts
37 upvotes
Kingston
Xzibition wrote:
Jun 24th, 2018 8:06 pm
Lowes at Castlefield in GTA has the following promo running this week:

20180624_191836.jpg

I went back and used it to price adjust my Weber Genesis E310 purchase from earlier this week (price adjment) reducing the cost to $813.60 w/ tax ($800 PM + 10% price beat for $720 + tax).
Thank you so much for posting.
I bought a S-310 LP model for 810$ before tax, regular is $999, and I have to tell you - I LOVE THIS BBQ! I initially bought a stirling BBQ and it had a grease leak. The quality of this BBQ is great. Now that I've been seeing all these Weber deals on the forum, kind of makes me wish I got one with more burners! But then again, VERY HAPPY with the S-310.
Sep 18, 2011
85 posts
17 upvotes
If you are in the Vancouver area, the franchise Rona store in North Vancouver on 1st is marking down his overstock BBQs. Most Broil King and Weber were on sale last night. The one particular I remember is the Weber Genesis II LX s-340 for $1300. For anything else that isn’t advertised just ask the store manager.

I picked up a Weber Genesis II LX e-440 for $1550+tax ($350 less than $1899.99). There should be another in stock. The stainless steel is $100 more. Natural gas version is same price as propane.

I have been looking for a BBQ since January and used a lot of the information on this thread. Thank you all.

Last week I went to the store to check out the Broil King Regal 440. It was out of stock but manager said he could give me a deal on a Napoleon Lex 485 with 4 burners (+ rear burner) and ceramic searing station. I didn’t discuss a price since I wanted to do some more research.

Last night I figured the Napoleon is okay so I went in to check it out again but saw the Webers and Broil Kings as in-store specials. The Weber has the least features but has better cookbox, lid and frame. My last cheap Canadian Tire 3-burner BBQ lasted 12 years after a rebuild and upgrades so I justified the Weber price by amortizing it over 15-20 years.
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2011
1491 posts
727 upvotes
Vancouver
@rpakdel

Wow, great prices on LX's! Why not spring for the ss grates?

I'm loving my CSE-340, and springing for a S-340 for that price would be a no brainer. Can't think of a friend who has that budget for a bbq locally though.. too bad
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2003
1648 posts
75 upvotes
Sypsy wrote:
Jul 7th, 2018 2:02 pm
@rpakdel

Wow, great prices on LX's! Why not spring for the ss grates?

I'm loving my CSE-340, and springing for a S-340 for that price would be a no brainer. Can't think of a friend who has that budget for a bbq locally though.. too bad
I believe all LX models come with standard 7mm ss grates. Your CSE-340 comes with thicker 9mm ss grates.
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2011
1491 posts
727 upvotes
Vancouver
True, but that level of discount would make it difficult a choice if it were available when I bought.

For those who want the features of the LX S-340/440 but don't want to pay the price, the Broil King Sovereign (XLS) 90 is still a great deal, both are north american made.
Sep 18, 2011
85 posts
17 upvotes
The Weber II LX e-440 does come with the SS grates and yes, it’s the thinner ones (compared to BROil King and Napoleon). The next model up Genesis was in the mid $2000 range ... way out of my range.

I
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2011
1491 posts
727 upvotes
Vancouver
rpakdel wrote:
Jul 7th, 2018 5:37 pm
The Weber II LX e-440 does come with the SS grates and yes, it’s the thinner ones (compared to BROil King and Napoleon). The next model up Genesis was in the mid $2000 range ... way out of my range.

I
Oh, right, my bad. I was thinking the ss for $100 more was ss grates, and forgot it meant the ss exterior. all lx come with ss grates, obviously. Anyway, nice find on the e-440
Sep 18, 2011
85 posts
17 upvotes
The store manager recommended against getting SS exterior because it’s hard keeping them clean on the long term. I read similar complaints on other brands on amazon. The black doesn’t look as fancy but I opted for ease of care.
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2011
1491 posts
727 upvotes
Vancouver
I got the black cause I think it looked better. I guess i'm in the minority who thinks it looks better than the all stainless steel exterior. If they had one of those coloured ones in the non-LX or the coloured weber-touch kettles, I would have opted for those. like the crimsons, copper or slate.
Aug 8, 2010
234 posts
54 upvotes
rpakdel wrote:
Jul 7th, 2018 6:07 pm
The store manager recommended against getting SS exterior because it’s hard keeping them clean on the long term. I read similar complaints on other brands on amazon. The black doesn’t look as fancy but I opted for ease of care.
Sypsy wrote:
Jul 7th, 2018 6:18 pm
I got the black cause I think it looked better. I guess i'm in the minority who thinks it looks better than the all stainless steel exterior. If they had one of those coloured ones in the non-LX or the coloured weber-touch kettles, I would have opted for those. like the crimsons, copper or slate.
L
I've had an all stainless Weber BBQ since 2007. I wipe it down with a stainless cleaner once or twice a year. In fact the only part of the BBQ that looks worn is the non stainless parts. Mine looks good as new. Although I can't speak for current Weber stainless BBQs. Just my input
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2007
1627 posts
640 upvotes
We just got this stainless steel 4-burner BBQ + a side burner from walmart (it was the last one in our store, but more are coming this week):

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/backyard-g ... 0197476057

It is only 200$ on sale, but it looks a feels like a quite a bit more expensive model. The total weight is almost 40 kg, and most of the parts are thick and sturdy (the grill, the stainless steel cover etc). The only spot they cheaped out was the plastic knobs. We haven't tried it yet (I just assembled it). This is exclusive to walmart, so very few reviews can be found. (The one on walmart.com with lots of reviews was discontinued in 2014, and looks quite a bit different from our model.)