Bell

Bell Mobility - Retentions/Customer Care Deals

Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2011
3952 posts
2856 upvotes
Toronto
-----------
Last edited by drz400 on Jul 25th, 2022 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
------------------------------------
Sep 23, 2007
291 posts
1275 upvotes
Vancouver
Not sure if this is the a good place to post this question, but I think it fits.

My wife signed us up for a new shared phone plan with Bell. I didn't ask what the monthly was when she signed up back in April, but found out today it is supposed to be $220 a month for a 12gb shared plan.

We got our bill and it is showing the monthly is actually $255 + tax per month, for 2 people on a 12gb plan. That seems insanely high.

I plan on calling tomorrow to see what can be done about getting a better deal but just wanted to see if anyone here in the know with Bell might be able to point me in the right direction. Just looking for something in the same range of data usage, don't need any special calling plan, but I would really like to be much, much, much lower.
Dec 16, 2017
207 posts
229 upvotes
Anyone know of any current deals for loyalty/retention/corporate/EPP for a plan with Unlimited Nationwide calling/text and 2-4gigs of data? Until recently, I was on an EPP plan with Unlimited Nationwide call/text and 3 gigs data for 60$, but that one doesn't exist anymore and Bell is telling me that there is nothing similar out there. I'm sure there must be something similar because Baka mobile offers a similar plan with 5 gigs for 70$, so if they offer it, I'm assuming that Bell should have something very similar to offer, but they keep telling me there nothing remotely comparable.

I've been with Bell for 10-12 years, and I get this runaround from them every time I renew my term. I'm hoping to avoid calling them over and over again until they give me the time of day, so I'm hoping someone might be aware of something currently available that fits my description.

Thanks!
Apr 25, 2017
912 posts
838 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Sazerac wrote: Anyone know of any current deals for loyalty/retention/corporate/EPP for a plan with Unlimited Nationwide calling/text and 2-4gigs of data? Until recently, I was on an EPP plan with Unlimited Nationwide call/text and 3 gigs data for 60$, but that one doesn't exist anymore and Bell is telling me that there is nothing similar out there. I'm sure there must be something similar because Baka mobile offers a similar plan with 5 gigs for 70$, so if they offer it, I'm assuming that Bell should have something very similar to offer, but they keep telling me there nothing remotely comparable.

I've been with Bell for 10-12 years, and I get this runaround from them every time I renew my term. I'm hoping to avoid calling them over and over again until they give me the time of day, so I'm hoping someone might be aware of something currently available that fits my description.

Thanks!
FYI, I was on Bell EPP plan $60 for 3GB and unlimited local mins + 250 Canada wide mins. Last month I contacted Bell via online chat about data overages, they told me another EPP plan is available: $60 for 6GB and unlimited Canada wide mins + unlimited calling to US, was very happy to take it because it’s the same price and double the data.
Jan 20, 2009
36 posts
18 upvotes
Thornhill
RobbieL3164 wrote: FYI, I was on Bell EPP plan $60 for 3GB and unlimited local mins + 250 Canada wide mins. Last month I contacted Bell via online chat about data overages, they told me another EPP plan is available: $60 for 6GB and unlimited Canada wide mins + unlimited calling to US, was very happy to take it because it’s the same price and double the data.
At this price, were you able to upgrade your phone as well?
Dec 16, 2017
207 posts
229 upvotes
mr_ben wrote: At this price, were you able to upgrade your phone as well?
Wondering the same thing as that deal seems way too good to be true unless it's a BYOD plan.

I guess I should have specified in my original post that I'm NOT looking for BYOD.
Apr 25, 2017
912 posts
838 upvotes
Richmond Hill
mr_ben wrote: At this price, were you able to upgrade your phone as well?
Yep, it is a premium plan, I believe it’s next tier of premium plus plan, you can get a new phone.
Apr 25, 2017
912 posts
838 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Sazerac wrote: Wondering the same thing as that deal seems way too good to be true unless it's a BYOD plan.

I guess I should have specified in my original post that I'm NOT looking for BYOD.
It’s not a BYOD plan, it’s EPP plan. I paid $199 for Huawei P20 pro. And the plan is $60 for 6GB.
Dec 16, 2017
207 posts
229 upvotes
RobbieL3164 wrote: It’s not a BYOD plan, it’s EPP plan. I paid $199 for Huawei P20 pro. And the plan is $60 for 6GB.
Wow! Do you happen to have the plan number? Guaranteed if I call Bell right now they're going to try to tell me it doesn't exist (as they always do for good plans).
Apr 25, 2017
912 posts
838 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Sazerac wrote: Wow! Do you happen to have the plan number? Guaranteed if I call Bell right now they're going to try to tell me it doesn't exist (as they always do for good plans).
Didn’t find the plan code, but here’s the detail:

YOUR RATE PLAN DETAILS:
Plan: EPP Unltd Voice 6GB 24 Minimum Monthly Charge: $60.00
• Unlimited Local Talking
• Call Forwarding
• Call Display
• Unlimited Canadian & Can-US LD
• $0.02/MB for additional data usage
• Call Waiting, Conf Calling • Message Centre
• Messaging Pack Unlimited • 6 GB Shared Data
Dec 16, 2017
207 posts
229 upvotes
Welp, looks like I won't be able to get that one. I should have figured that different "corporations" have different agreements with Bell.

Best I can get apparently is unlimited nationwide talk/text and 3 gigs for 70$.

Guess I'll keep shopping around.
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2004
4145 posts
206 upvotes
Etobicoke
RobbieL3164 wrote: FYI, I was on Bell EPP plan $60 for 3GB and unlimited local mins + 250 Canada wide mins. Last month I contacted Bell via online chat about data overages, they told me another EPP plan is available: $60 for 6GB and unlimited Canada wide mins + unlimited calling to US, was very happy to take it because it’s the same price and double the data.
Interesting, I'm on the same plan, 2 phones, expiring on November 1. Will try to contact them.
Ebay (701-0-0) - zhenya01
Heatware (28-0-0) - ViperZ
CanuckAudioMart (80-0-0) - zhenya01
Jun 9, 2015
206 posts
79 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Called 611 from my phone and spoke with an agent regarding renewing contract, he didn’t offer any better plan - currntly in a corporate plan $70 - unlimited Canada and 3Gb.
I asked if he can transfer me to retention/loyalty dept for any other loyalty plans, but was told that he is from loyalty department. Is it true that dialing 611 gets you to a loyalty CSR?
Oct 15, 2017
5 posts
I finally managed to get a decent plan from Bell. I was on the loyalty smartphone 55 plan which only had 500mb of data. I tried several calls to get a better amount of data - they wouldn't budge even when I mention competitor's plans like the public mobile plan with 4.5Gb for $40.

Since Bell wasn't helping me, I decided to bite the bullet and ported my number to Public Mobile. As I was mid-contract on my iPhone SE I would have to buy out the $380 balance.

Welp that got their attention. Within 6 hours I got a "winback" call offering 5GB data for the same price of $55. Buyout of the iPhone would not be necessary. Additionally I had a $5 flex data (10mb) tablet plan, which they upgraded to a flat $5/1Gb (amazing!) with the purchase of a $99 tablet. They also gave me a $100 credit for my troubles.

So finally a reasonable plan from Bell! All it took was to port my number out to Public Mobile. Then I was ported back in under 12 hours LOL.
I'm on the "Loyalty Outbound Smartphone 55" plan for anyone interested.

Can-Can Text - Unlimited
.50 Canada to US LD
5GB of Data
Call Display
Message Centre
Unlimited Canada minutes
Unltd Picture & Video Messaging

I still have my contract, so will probably upgrade the phone next year, or see what Apple comes out with in the fall.
Jul 2, 2018
176 posts
182 upvotes
HammerTown
boomerangkevin wrote: I finally managed to get a decent plan from Bell. I was on the loyalty smartphone 55 plan which only had 500mb of data. I tried several calls to get a better amount of data - they wouldn't budge even when I mention competitor's plans like the public mobile plan with 4.5Gb for $40.

Since Bell wasn't helping me, I decided to bite the bullet and ported my number to Public Mobile. As I was mid-contract on my iPhone SE I would have to buy out the $380 balance.

Welp that got their attention. Within 6 hours I got a "winback" call offering 5GB data for the same price of $55. Buyout of the iPhone would not be necessary. Additionally I had a $5 flex data (10mb) tablet plan, which they upgraded to a flat $5/1Gb (amazing!) with the purchase of a $99 tablet. They also gave me a $100 credit for my troubles.

So finally a reasonable plan from Bell! All it took was to port my number out to Public Mobile. Then I was ported back in under 12 hours LOL.
I'm on the "Loyalty Outbound Smartphone 55" plan for anyone interested.

Can-Can Text - Unlimited
.50 Canada to US LD
5GB of Data
Call Display
Message Centre
Unlimited Canada minutes
Unltd Picture & Video Messaging

I still have my contract, so will probably upgrade the phone next year, or see what Apple comes out with in the fall.
I'm sorry but do you have a current contract with them or maybe a device from them?

Do we have to port our number out to be eligible for this plan? And also where is your location from, I'm from ontario so I want to know I would be able to get this plan.

Calling in, I received 3GB @ CAD55 with unlimited Canada wide and texting as well a MOTO E5 Play.

What you got was a much better deal so I might wanna call in and see if I can something similar.

Thanks!
I'm an early bird and I'm a night owl. So I'm wise and I have worms.
Oct 15, 2017
5 posts
DunderMifflionaire wrote: I'm sorry but do you have a current contract with them or maybe a device from them?

Do we have to port our number out to be eligible for this plan? And also where is your location from, I'm from ontario so I want to know I would be able to get this plan.

Calling in, I received 3GB @ CAD55 with unlimited Canada wide and texting as well a MOTO E5 Play.

What you got was a much better deal so I might wanna call in and see if I can something similar.

Thanks!
Yes I have a contract and device from them. Last year I renewed my contract in October to a $0 iPhone SE with 500meg data contract for $55- admittedly not great but at least I got a free iPhone.

But with all these good data deals running around I got fed up and decided to cancel my contract (knowing I would have to pay out the balance on the iPhone). Bell was not offering anything good whenever I phoned in. So I finally just ported over to Public Mobile on their $40/4.5G plan. That sure got Bell's attention, and within 12hours I was back on Bell with the $55/5Gig plan + $5/1Gig table plan.

I'm in Ottawa. So if they aren't offering you anything good, I would suggest to them that you are going to cancel.

FYI I think the Public Mobile $40/4.5Gig plan expires today.
Oct 15, 2017
5 posts
Oh, they also offered me the $60/10gig plan as an option, but I would have had to pay out the rest of my iPhone balance, which would have worked out to effectively $85/month total. I decided to stick with the $55/5gig plan for now.
May 7, 2014
19 posts
2 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
I'm currently on a share plan with my partner.

I am on BYOD 60 Canada to Canada Plan with
10 GB + 2 GB Bonus - $60
2 GB+ Loyalty Bonus w/ min 4 GB Share Data - $5
Visual Voicemail - $5

And my partner is on PremPlus 80 Can to Can

As a corporate user, I get a 20% discount off the base plan, therefore my total is:

$48 + $64 + $60 + $5 + $5 = $182.00

Bell offered me Can-To-Can BYOD 75 which includes 6 GB of Shareable Data.

Unfortunately I use between 8-14 GB a month, so that wouldnt work for me, but i was quite surprised to be offered that deal.
Sep 27, 2003
11122 posts
3367 upvotes
Newmarket
cleowin wrote: I'm currently on a share plan with my partner.

I am on BYOD 60 Canada to Canada Plan with
10 GB + 2 GB Bonus - $60
2 GB+ Loyalty Bonus w/ min 4 GB Share Data - $5
Visual Voicemail - $5

And my partner is on PremPlus 80 Can to Can

As a corporate user, I get a 20% discount off the base plan, therefore my total is:

$48 + $64 + $60 + $5 + $5 = $182.00

Bell offered me Can-To-Can BYOD 75 which includes 6 GB of Shareable Data.

Unfortunately I use between 8-14 GB a month, so that wouldnt work for me, but i was quite surprised to be offered that deal.
You have a BYOD $60 plan with 12GB + another 2GB for $5? So 14GB for $65?

Can you post a screenshot from your account (you can hide out the private stuff).
RFD Forums Moderator
May 7, 2014
19 posts
2 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
WorldIRC wrote: You have a BYOD $60 plan with 12GB + another 2GB for $5? So 14GB for $65?

Can you post a screenshot from your account (you can hide out the private stuff).
Nope,

I currently have BYOD 60 - $60
+ 10+2 GB Data - $60
2 GB Loyalty Add-on - $5
Visual Voicemail - $5

I receive a 20% discount off the BYOD 60 portion, making it $48

So it's $48 + $60 + $5 + $5 = $118.00 Per Month Before taxes.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)