Ongoing Deal Discussion

Bell

Bell Mobility - Retentions/Customer Care Deals

Sep 27, 2003
11122 posts
3367 upvotes
Newmarket
Cress wrote: Would love to know as well
So would I. MyBell has been slow to update usage. What's worse is my bill cycle is tomorrow so it could be days now before I know.
RFD Forums Moderator
Sep 27, 2003
11122 posts
3367 upvotes
Newmarket
Confirmed, since my cycle reset today, it'll be a few days until I can see how the remainder of my usage was calculated.

However, I am able to see some rough usage under the 2GB bucket. As well, I can run a usage report which does show 10660MB (10.4GB).

Can't wait to see the bill!
RFD Forums Moderator
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
2576 posts
2827 upvotes
congeetime wrote: Just got off the phone with bell. Currently on a 6gb/$57 a month corporate plan but no longer with that company.

They did offer me a $44/month plan with 6gb. No contract and not time limited offer but no hardware included with this plan.
Definitely take it. They previously offered me 2GB $60 Boyd... what a joke
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2017
2089 posts
1562 upvotes
Cress wrote: Hummm, tried the chat, they said they couldn't apply it and I had to call the Loyalty\retention department. Called them and was in and out in 5 minutes. This is the easiest call for extra stuff I've ever had with any of the telcos O_o. I'm still shocked.
This is on the 10GB/60$ plan.
They also confirmed that as long as one keeps the main number, this never expires.

Thanks @Dmbpjfan!
Do you have the number for the loyalty / retention department?

Thanks!

Cheers.
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2006
3668 posts
567 upvotes
I just called the 611 from my phone and asked to get transferred to the loyalty department

Cheers,
shayne85 wrote: Do you have the number for the loyalty / retention department?

Thanks!

Cheers.
Sep 27, 2003
11122 posts
3367 upvotes
Newmarket
Looks like the usage has partially refreshed, finally.

Under the 10GB allowance, I used 10GB (100%)
Under the 2GB allowance, I used 421MB (20%)

Total MB is 10661, based on that. I downloaded my usage in CSV format (day by day) and the numbers match.

According to my 3rd party data tracking app, I used 10414MB.

Based on this, I expect I'll be billed properly.
RFD Forums Moderator
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2005
1092 posts
653 upvotes
Toronto
congeetime wrote: Just got off the phone with bell. Currently on a 6gb/$57 a month corporate plan but no longer with that company.

Asked them about the 10gb + 2gb promo that other users are getting. They wouldn't migrate me onto this plan as you need to be on the original 10gb plan which is non-existent anymore apparently. They did offer me a $44/month plan with 6gb. No contract and not time limited offer but no hardware included with this plan.
I wanted to share my own update. I was off contract, paying $43/500mb data and 500min and have been calling on and off for months if not a year or two in total. I was constantly offered $55/1gb or 2gb as the "best plan available" from the loyalty department.

Yesterday I quoted congeetime's plan above as well as another plan from a few pages back. On the third rep, I finally got through to someone who offered me $40/2gb, unlimited talk and text. The "only thing I had to give up" was unlimited USA text that was apparently part of my old plan.

Not as amazing as some of the other plans I've been reading in this thread, but it suits my current needs, so I'm quite happy. :) Here is my new plan below:

BYOD 40

$40.00/mo.
Can-Can Text - Unlimited
.50 Canada to US LD
BYOD Share Plan Indicator
Call Display
Data Provisioning
Message Centre
Promo Share Plan Indicator
Unlimited Canada minutes
Unltd Picture & Video Messaging
Call Waiting, Conference Calling
2GB of Shareable Data
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2006
3668 posts
567 upvotes
Has anyone been able to get a decent non BYOD plan recently that would allow picking up a new phone or is the the best way to go still to buy your phone cash and keep a BYOD plan?

Edit: Anyone knows if Bell allows buying a phone on a 24months no interest deal like they do on smartwatches and tablets?

Cheers,
Sep 27, 2003
11122 posts
3367 upvotes
Newmarket
Has anyone had any recent luck on getting cheaper US Long Distance or Call Forwarding options?
RFD Forums Moderator
May 31, 2017
419 posts
495 upvotes
GTA
Cress wrote: Has anyone been able to get a decent non BYOD plan recently that would allow picking up a new phone or is the the best way to go still to buy your phone cash and keep a BYOD plan?

Edit: Anyone knows if Bell allows buying a phone on a 24months no interest deal like they do on smartwatches and tablets?

Cheers,
I tried to negotiate about getting either Note 9 or iPhone XS max, but no special plans for these (maybe because they are current flagship devices).
I guess it makes much more sense to hold on to $60 10GB+2GB and get phones outright.
Didn't bother asking about any other device.

They don't have 24 months no interest deals for phones for sure.
Jun 16, 2015
172 posts
93 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Called 611 and spoke to rep . Not loyalty and she was able to apply it right away ! Thanks
Images
  • upload.jpg
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2006
3668 posts
567 upvotes
I called retention again, they mentioned that this other team called the “Outbound team” may have better deals. They retention guys had the outbound team call me back but the deals were worse than the retention team.
I spoke to rentetion a second time and the best they could offer was the following
  • Premium plan (Canada wide calls - 10GB as 8 + 2 shareable)
    • IPhone XS max 64GB - 989$ | 256GB - 1189 | 512GB 1449
    • 115$ per month
  • Premium plus plan (Canada wide calls - 10GB as 8 + 2 shareable)
    • iPhone XS mas 64GB - 789 | 256GB - 989 | 512GB - 1249
    • 125$ per month
  • Ultra + plan (Canada wide calls - 10GB as 8 + 2 shareable)
    • iPhone XS mas 64GB - 559 | 256GB - 759 | 512GB - 1019
    • 140$ per month
8GB (6 + 2 shareable) were about 10$ cheaper across the board. After going back and forth multiple times, they offered another 5$ off those numbers. They wouldn’t offer anything beyond that.
Cheers,
coolaw79 wrote: I tried to negotiate about getting either Note 9 or iPhone XS max, but no special plans for these (maybe because they are current flagship devices).
I guess it makes much more sense to hold on to $60 10GB+2GB and get phones outright.
Didn't bother asking about any other device.

They don't have 24 months no interest deals for phones for sure.
Feb 25, 2017
19 posts
1 upvote
wiarton, ontario
Hi......do you have a "plan number" for this plan. I have been talking with Bell, and of course have no idea what I am referring to without the number. Thanks in advance. This is with reference to the post by Fibretech101 image posting.....tks!
Jun 16, 2015
172 posts
93 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
tryan1717 wrote: Hi......do you have a "plan number" for this plan. I have been talking with Bell, and of course have no idea what I am referring to without the number. Thanks in advance. This is with reference to the post by Fibretech101 image posting.....tks!
The plan I have is the "Loy BYOD 60" its in the picture but I dont know or have a plan number.
Dec 1, 2006
953 posts
137 upvotes
Toronto
Is the extra 2GB data deal dead?
Called in 2 times already and both customer service and retention gave me nothing.
Feb 25, 2017
19 posts
1 upvote
wiarton, ontario
Thanks.....I quoted Loy BYOD 60 to Bell, and got no where - no idea what I was talking about, even escalated as I am long time Bell customer with multiple services......frustrating, but not surprised.....thanks for your help though.
Jul 2, 2018
176 posts
182 upvotes
HammerTown
tryan1717 wrote: Thanks.....I quoted Loy BYOD 60 to Bell, and got no where - no idea what I was talking about, even escalated as I am long time Bell customer with multiple services......frustrating, but not surprised.....thanks for your help though.
Sorry bud but BYOD 60 experied a while ago. They are no more offering that. Try BYOD 40 and 3 GB add on. Call 611
I'm an early bird and I'm a night owl. So I'm wise and I have worms.
Sep 27, 2003
11122 posts
3367 upvotes
Newmarket
Got my first Bell invoice since Bell added the extra 2GB for me. No issues at all, all the usage was recorded properly!
RFD Forums Moderator
Feb 25, 2017
19 posts
1 upvote
wiarton, ontario
Thanks.....I was more interested in the additional shareable data that folks are getting.......but I was unable to get any response from Bell.....they really had no idea what I was referring to, or so they said?!? Made several attempts over the past couple of weeks......thanks for the info though......
May 31, 2017
419 posts
495 upvotes
GTA
tryan1717 wrote: Thanks.....I was more interested in the additional shareable data that folks are getting.......but I was unable to get any response from Bell.....they really had no idea what I was referring to, or so they said?!? Made several attempts over the past couple of weeks......thanks for the info though......
I quoted that "Rogers is giving away 3Gb data for free on same plan for existing customer, can they do something similar?"

Did you mention Rogers?

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)