Food & Drink

[Merged] Best Jamaican Beef Patties in GTA?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 17th, 2016 8:42 am
Deal Guru
Jan 2, 2006
12205 posts
92 upvotes

[Merged] Best Jamaican Beef Patties in GTA?

My work just had a United Way bake sale, and some ladies brought in boxes of beef patties.

These are way better than the crappy Patty King frozen ones that turn super flaky.

http://randyspatties.com/

A dozen patties is $10 or so.
527 replies
May 7, 2006
184 posts
1 upvote
mr jerk. it's a store on wellesley near sherbourne. best beef/veggie patties in the city imo. about 1.50$ each i think
Deal Fanatic
Feb 6, 2004
6073 posts
249 upvotes
Toronto
I second this, they make one of the best atties I ever had in my life.

Randy's Patties
1569 Eglinton Avenue West
Toronto, Ontario
M6E 2G9
Phone: 416-781-5313

They are located on the south-east corner of Eglinton Avenue West and Oakwood Avenue (between Allen Road and Dufferin Street).

Hours
Mon - Fri. 11 AM - 8:00 PM
Sat. 11 AM - 6:30 PM
Sunday Closed
Ne0's items:Finito
♠ G@mer & t3<h [onnoisseur ♠ Spitting t3<hy lingo since the 80's

Send PM's HERE♠ eBay|600+ ♠ | XB360 GT:Ask? ♠ PSN ID:ILLmatic_KINGPIN
Deal Fanatic
Aug 17, 2003
5197 posts
110 upvotes
Mississauga
there's a place on denison in markham that has some decent patties.. i see a lotta jamaicans going there for the patties... and it's run by chinese ppl? forgot the name of it, but it's between warden and woodbine on the north side of denison
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2002
5526 posts
83 upvotes
Vancouver
Randy's patties are awesome..it's gooey inside and not dry like patty king.
Banned
Apr 25, 2005
3425 posts
2 upvotes
Center of the univer…
Alwyn's at Victoria Park and Ellesmere. Food Basic plaza. He also has the best Jerk Chicken sandwiches.
May 18, 2006
700 posts
16 upvotes
Toronto
I haven't been there in awhile but there is a location at Finch and Don Mills, closer to Fairview is a place called Peanut Plaza. They have the best patties there, and you can get the coconut bread with it...mmmmm...I'm getting hungry right now lol.
Deal Addict
Sep 25, 2006
2472 posts
201 upvotes
Whitby
neally_boy wrote:
Oct 17th, 2006 1:48 am
I haven't been there in awhile but there is a location at Finch and Don Mills, closer to Fairview is a place called Peanut Plaza. They have the best patties there, and you can get the coconut bread with it...mmmmm...I'm getting hungry right now lol.
Allans Pastry shop. I love their coco bread, but the patties don't have enough filling for me. They taste like I'm eating pastry with a hint of meat flavour.

Call me crazy but I used to work accross from a place called Juici Patties, and I loved 'em. Apparently this is the only location they have outside of Jamaica.

The smell of them baking 'forced' me into buying boxes and boxes of them over the years. The pastry is flaky and not too thick, and there's just the right amount of filling.

They used to be about $6 a dozen but their price has gone up, I believe it was just over $8 per dozen last time I bought some. I even saw ladies show up and ask for them uncooked so they could cook them at home.....

http://216.46.27.122/gwContent.php?sect ... emplate=a1
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2005
3490 posts
276 upvotes
Place on Kennedy just south on steeles in one of those side plazas, great patties and decent prices.

I don't know the name but i'm going there now that I think of it
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2004
3797 posts
84 upvotes
Toronto
Island Foods
don't even front.

Check 'em out for great roti and beef patties.

Oh and don't forget the coco bread! ooh yes!
Proud supporter of Tour for Kids and Ride for Karen!

Come chat live with other RFD'ers on IRC! #redflagdeals on EFNet!

Peace!
Jan 13, 2004
968 posts
46 upvotes
Mississauga
U guys got to try a small jamican place (Don't remember the name of the place) on Bloor and Ossinton its right below the subway.Its about $10 for a dozen.Damn there good u can get them baked or frozen.
Deal Addict
May 5, 2005
2206 posts
1 upvote
evoviii wrote:
Oct 18th, 2006 4:14 pm
Place on Kennedy just south on steeles in one of those side plazas, great patties and decent prices.

I don't know the name but i'm going there now that I think of it
Allans Pastry Shop Ltd
416-292-3909
3447 Kennedy Road (about 1 or 2 blocks south of Steeles)
Scarborough, ON M1V 3S1

-on the east side of Kennedy.
-you can't see the bakery when you are on Kennedy/ you have to turn into the industrial strip mall.

Try their egg bread too.
Their patties are so-so / alright.

Toronto Star had an article about Michidean Jamaican patties a few years ago.

I looked up the name on the internet and I think that this is their bakery address. You can buy their patties there. Call to confirm.

Michidean
905-946-0708
7725 Birchmount Road (14th Ave)
Markham, ON L3R 9X3

http://sympatico.msn.yellowpages.ca/
Mar 11, 2006
256 posts
Toronto
neally_boy wrote:
Oct 17th, 2006 1:48 am
I picked up a dozen at lunch today, had them for dinner everyone loved them. Nice flakey pastry, a little skimpy on the meat but delicious none the less. 9$ for a dozen tax incl.
Deal Addict
Sep 25, 2006
2472 posts
201 upvotes
Whitby
Dr Butcher wrote:
Oct 17th, 2006 2:07 am
Allans Pastry shop. I love their coco bread, but the patties don't have enough filling for me. They taste like I'm eating pastry with a hint of meat flavour.

Call me crazy but I used to work accross from a place called Juici Patties, and I loved 'em. Apparently this is the only location they have outside of Jamaica.

The smell of them baking 'forced' me into buying boxes and boxes of them over the years. The pastry is flaky and not too thick, and there's just the right amount of filling.

They used to be about $6 a dozen but their price has gone up, I believe it was just over $8 per dozen last time I bought some. I even saw ladies show up and ask for them uncooked so they could cook them at home.....

http://216.46.27.122/gwContent.php?sect ... emplate=a1
See bold font
Cerealbowl wrote:
Oct 18th, 2006 7:15 pm
I picked up a dozen at lunch today, had them for dinner everyone loved them. Nice flakey pastry, a little skimpy on the meat but delicious none the less. 9$ for a dozen tax incl.
Aha! I'm not the only one who feels this way. Tasty but skimpy on the meat, couldn't have put it better myself! ;)
× < >