Food & Drink

Best Jamaican Beef Patties in GTA?

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 22nd, 2024 11:52 am
Aug 7, 2011
2 posts
St. John's
MrDisco wrote: Thanks for the heads up. I went around noon and there was hardly any lineup (not having any advertising helped keep the local traffic low). They had mild and spicy varieties, limit of 6. I’ve never had Fahmee before and I only have Tastees to compare against.

The pattie is a good size with an average amount of filing. Surprisingly the crust didn’t flake out into a billion pieces like Tastees. For eating on the go this was better and helps keep the front of your shirt clean.

I ordered a mild and spicy. The mild was really mild, but spicy has a decent kick to it. Just enough without burning your mouth.

The only negative was these were made in advance and sitting on the baking tray out in the open so they were at room temps. It would have tasted much better if it were warmer.

Overall it was a good but not something I’ll ever drive all the way out there. The place itself was really clean with the workers in sharp uniforms. No seating inside and they didn’t have the outside patio setup.

9C788977-3E86-470F-8161-9E5048CD9423.jpeg
1FC1B662-EBAB-4FF9-A69A-C0D20D321950.jpegE17BEBB6-9AD4-4084-8445-7356658F0CAD.jpeg
Thank you for this updated review! Would you happen to have caught what time they open tomorrow on a Sunday?
Sep 30, 2001
30160 posts
10147 upvotes
Toronto
timmycheung wrote: Thank you for this updated review! Would you happen to have caught what time they open tomorrow on a Sunday?
sorry I didn't.
Be kind and civil with one another
Jul 27, 2009
117 posts
61 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I've been a Michadean loyalist but find their meat is definitely more of a small smear as some posters have stated. How is patty time quality?

Allwyns / Allan's / most others are waste of time. I enjoy phamily eats but admit it's not a patty in the truest sense.
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2011
4989 posts
29912 upvotes
Cupcake09 wrote: I've been a Michadean loyalist but find their meat is definitely more of a small smear as some posters have stated. How is patty time quality?

Allwyns / Allan's / most others are waste of time. I enjoy phamily eats but admit it's not a patty in the truest sense.
I agree, the Michadean patties have more flavour, it's like they put in more care in their product and what goes inside vs just a bunch of slop.
__
Want to know the latest Costco Clearance items and prices in Ontario.. check out my thread here.
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
18841 posts
1954 upvotes
Elmira
Tinnel's used to be nice and juicyyyyy
Grew up in Brampton and had them many times at the Queen & Kennedy location, prob still the best patties I've had to date
In K/W though there's a black market patty hookup called the KW Patty Wagon and I like those too. You buy them drug dealer style in a parking lot from a dude in a tinted out car, cash only my G
Sep 25, 2020
470 posts
320 upvotes
Bathurst station beef patties are good.

Not sure if the store still exist. I haven't been to Bathurst station for almost a decade.
Sep 25, 2020
470 posts
320 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote: For those who like the Bathust subway station beef patties, (& Warden or Islington)
Great deal!
$1 Beef Patties!
The $1 patties will be available on June 25, 26 and 27 @ 222 Lansdowne avenue.
More information here: https://www.blogto.com/eat_drink/2021/0 ... -location/
I agree. Islington station beef patties are good as well. I used to buy one in the early morning at Islington before hopping onto the Mississauga bus for work.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21709 posts
9002 upvotes
Toronto
canada85000 wrote: Bathurst station beef patties are good.

Not sure if the store still exist. I haven't been to Bathurst station for almost a decade.
There used to be two choices across from each other. Cafe on the go closed down years ago and became a short lived wrap and sandwich place that did not sell beef patties.
That closed down and it is now the new home of Student id cards (etc)
Across from that is the bakery that is still there selling beef, chicken and veggie patties. $2 each.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Sep 25, 2020
470 posts
320 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote: There used to be two choices across from each other. Cafe on the go closed down years ago and became a short lived wrap and sandwich place that did not sell beef patties.
That closed down and it is now the new home of Student id cards (etc)
Across from that is the bakery that is still there selling beef, chicken and veggie patties. $2 each.
Cool.
Thanks for the info.
I remember their Beef Patties/Chicken patties was slightly bigger than any other patties I tried. The filling was fair and generous as well. That kept me as a customer. But, after I changed my job, I've been driving to work Mon-Fri and rarely got a chance to pass by Bathurst station. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Deal Addict
May 4, 2005
2664 posts
220 upvotes
duckdown wrote: Tinnel's used to be nice and juicyyyyy
Grew up in Brampton and had them many times at the Queen & Kennedy location, prob still the best patties I've had to date
In K/W though there's a black market patty hookup called the KW Patty Wagon and I like those too. You buy them drug dealer style in a parking lot from a dude in a tinted out car, cash only my G

Tinnels is still good when buying from the location. I tried that Tinnels in the frozen section in the grocery store but doesn't taste as good
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2004
2056 posts
554 upvotes
Mississauga
BlazinTrini wrote: Tinnels is still good when buying from the location. I tried that Tinnels in the frozen section in the grocery store but doesn't taste as good
Tastes the same to me - I microwave it at 70% for 2 minutes, then bake it for 5 minutes on each side at 350 F in the oven. Tastes great.
I do the same with Alan's patties as well.
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
18841 posts
1954 upvotes
Elmira
I've actually been doing mine in the air fryer for an extra crispy experience
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
18841 posts
1954 upvotes
Elmira
BlazinTrini wrote: Tinnels is still good when buying from the location. I tried that Tinnels in the frozen section in the grocery store but doesn't taste as good
Yeah I think when we tried the pre packaged frozen ones they don't turn out as juicy. When you get them from the store they are one of the "wettest" patties I've ever had
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2011
4989 posts
29912 upvotes
duckdown wrote: Yeah I think when we tried the pre packaged frozen ones they don't turn out as juicy. When you get them from the store they are one of the "wettest" patties I've ever had
Much like all patties, when you bake from frozen - it has to do be at low and slow to replicate the same taste when you get it done from the patty stores, that was the trick I learned from a buddy of mine. Basically 300 for 20mins or so.
__
Want to know the latest Costco Clearance items and prices in Ontario.. check out my thread here.
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2004
2056 posts
554 upvotes
Mississauga
duckdown wrote: I've actually been doing mine in the air fryer for an extra crispy experience
Good idea - I'll try that and see.
Deal Guru
Mar 31, 2008
13011 posts
3095 upvotes
Toronto
markopas wrote: Much like all patties, when you bake from frozen - it has to do be at low and slow to replicate the same taste when you get it done from the patty stores, that was the trick I learned from a buddy of mine. Basically 300 for 20mins or so.
I agree. One time my friend had a patty competition. Basically we all chipped in for boxes at 5 of the top places. Then cooked it in the oven. Pretty slow and steady like that. It was a social thing too so we were drinking a bit. And they came out really good like you described.
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23019 posts
6890 upvotes
Scarberia
might be craving for some, i usally buy mine already heated at shell stations...its like 3$ a pop! is the micheangelo brand still the best in scarbroough jamaican stores? tia
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23019 posts
6890 upvotes
Scarberia
UrbanPoet wrote: Patty time @ Lawrence and brimley is the best if you like a lot of meat filling.
i wonder if this is an amex small shop offer! great if it is!
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)