• Last Updated:
  • Feb 22nd, 2024 11:52 am
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
24669 posts
8739 upvotes
Toronto
NoFrillBill wrote: My thoughts:

Allan's has been my go to patties for years courtesy of Cafe On The Go at Islington stn. Since I am not on the subway as frequently as I once was I decided to stock up when I had the chance.

I think they might have changed slightly but it still is very good to me. My preferred one is the veggie but they didn't have any frozen so I got a box of spicy and mild.

I've tried Randy's years ago but can't recall whether it lived up to the hype. Bought a box of Tinnels from No frills once. It was passable.
Another vote for Allan's - wifey & I don't eat beef so that rules out any patties made with beef suet. Confirmed that Allan's veggie patties are made without beef suet (unfortunately chicken patties are made with beef suet).

We picked up a box of hot veggie patties last week - nice & fluffy & flakey.......it was delish!!! Cash only I believe....

Also picked up a box of frozen Tastee (can't remember where - it was a new location). Tastee veggie patties also made without beef suet but the patty pastry was toooo thiccckkkkkkkkk

May have to try Fahmee's soon

Anyone know of any place that makes chicken patties without beef suet?
Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
21702 posts
17375 upvotes
Markham
I found the best Jamaican Beef Patties ever....made in my kitchen! Notes and recipe for those willing to try it.

what-you-having-dinner-pics-2095571/94/#p35426731
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2007
1017 posts
1106 upvotes
GTA
gr8dlr wrote: I found the best Jamaican Beef Patties ever....made in my kitchen! Notes and recipe for those willing to try it.

what-you-having-dinner-pics-2095571/94/#p35426731
Looks awesome! You sure can turn this into a sidejob ... I will order a box or two!
The downside is ... it is now a job, right?
Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
21702 posts
17375 upvotes
Markham
vn33 wrote: Looks awesome! You sure can turn this into a sidejob ... I will order a box or two!
The downside is ... it is now a job, right?
Maybe one day in the future for pocket change.

Hard to make enough money to offset a full time day job IMO especially with more and more ppl doing this stuff. I've ordered beef patties to try from PhamilyEats - they weren't cheap at $25/doz [maybe more now] and IMHO mine were better.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2007
1017 posts
1106 upvotes
GTA
gr8dlr wrote: Maybe one day in the future for pocket change.

Hard to make enough money to offset a full time day job IMO especially with more and more ppl doing this stuff. I've ordered beef patties to try from PhamilyEats - they weren't cheap at $25/doz [maybe more now] and IMHO mine were better.
Definitely post here if you decided to venture down that path some day!
Best wishes!
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2003
6484 posts
2389 upvotes
Mississauga
was gifted a box of randys patties.... they are just ok imo....too wet/saucy... could use more filling... flavour is decent though...
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21709 posts
9002 upvotes
Toronto
If anyone is judging by price first and quality second, A box of 9 Patty King patties is only $5.88 @ No Frills (Week of Thursday January 13-Wednesday January 19th)
Being less than a dollar each, (around 66 cents each)
I say that's a fair deal...maybe not the best patties, but at least the price is very low.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2017
1294 posts
1241 upvotes
I wouldn't get the Patty King patties even if they were free they are that bad.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2003
6484 posts
2389 upvotes
Mississauga
playnicee1 wrote: If anyone is judging by price first and quality second, A box of 9 Patty King patties is only $5.88 @ No Frills (Week of Thursday January 13-Wednesday January 19th)
Being less than a dollar each, (around 66 cents each)
I say that's a fair deal...maybe not the best patties, but at least the price is very low.
for patties, i can do price first and quality second....but it at least needs to be acceptable for human consumption....and patty king isn't....lol
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2011
4989 posts
29912 upvotes
George613 wrote: I wouldn't get the Patty King patties even if they were free they are that bad.
Free is free and nobody gives up free, even if it's a patty 🤣
__
Want to know the latest Costco Clearance items and prices in Ontario.. check out my thread here.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21709 posts
9002 upvotes
Toronto
This is very sad! RIP Patties Express @ 4 Elm st in Toronto:

Deal Fanatic
Apr 25, 2006
8453 posts
3627 upvotes
George613 wrote: I wouldn't get the Patty King patties even if they were free they are that bad.
Buy the ones from Nation and not no frillsml. They're different boxing and patty altogether
"If you make a mistake but then change your ways, it is like never having made a mistake at all" - Confucius
Deal Fanatic
Apr 25, 2006
8453 posts
3627 upvotes
Buy the ones from Nation and not the no frills one. They're different boxing and patty altogether
"If you make a mistake but then change your ways, it is like never having made a mistake at all" - Confucius
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2007
1017 posts
1106 upvotes
GTA
Bellyhungry wrote: I think I found my Holy Grail.

6 for $4.99

Where's best place to get this? I don't see this brand in the regular ones I go to (Metro, Longo's)
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21709 posts
9002 upvotes
Toronto
vn33 wrote: Where's best place to get this? I don't see this brand in the regular ones I go to (Metro, Longo's)
FreshCo has had them on sale this week. (January 26th was the last day of sale) for $4.99.
After this, it's only a dollar more @ $5.99. (Thursday January 27th onward...)
Feb 26, 2009
759 posts
131 upvotes
vn33 wrote: Where's best place to get this? I don't see this brand in the regular ones I go to (Metro, Longo's)
I bought them at Blue Sky Supermarket when I happened across them while getting my Pho Con Bo fix.

But as someone above said, FreshCo appears to carry them as well. Even at regular price, they are worth it.

Good luck.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)