Shopping Discussion

[Merged] Bloomex Flowers - Warning: AVOID!

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 22nd, 2018 9:44 am
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2008
7347 posts
816 upvotes
GTA
mw24neo wrote:
Jun 20th, 2008 6:07 pm
I can't believe I was soooo into planning my wedding (last minute) I didn't take a moment to research my vendors! This is my horror story and the worst part about it is that they charged me one month before I even received the flowers so that by the time I could get my head into the game of getting a refund, it was already past 30 days! I have posted my BBB complaint below and even have pictures plus witnesses to back my claims, but it was all for nothing. I have received no response to date.
Sorry to hear about your story (another one). I hope more people are able to see this thread before making the mistake of using this company. It is unlikely that you'll hear anything from the BBB complaint unfortunately. From the Ellen Roseman article it was said that Bloomex doesn't accept or respond to BBB complaints.

http://www.thestar.com/Business/article/308355

"The company has an unsatisfactory record with the BBB due to its decision not to accept or respond to complaints from the BBB," both bureaus said.

Also you said you were charged 30 days before you received the flowers so you couldn't even dispute the charges. You're in Toronto, so I would see if it is possible that there is anything you can do under Ontario's Consumer Protection Legislation. I'd call them at the number below to ask them as it is easier to find out than sifting through everything on their site:

"You can also contact the Consumer Protection Branch. They answer telephone inquiries and mediate written complaints between consumers and businesses:

Call:
Toll Free: 1-800-889-9768
Toronto: (416) 326-8800"

Under the Consumer Protection Act, 2002, you have the right to cancel an agreement and have your money returned to you if:
# The vendor has made a false, misleading or deceptive representation about the goods or services you agreed to buy or lease.
# The information about the goods or services, or your rights as a consumer required by the Consumer Protection Act, 2002, are not provided to you in the agreement.

For a future performance agreement (you paid in advance so that would likely be your situation), the following has to be written up in a contract:

1. The name of the consumer.

2. The name of the supplier and, if different, the name under which the supplier carries on business.

3. The telephone number of the supplier, the address of the premises from which the supplier conducts business, and information respecting other ways, if any, in which the supplier can be contacted by the consumer, such as the fax number and e-mail address of the supplier.

4. A fair and accurate description of the goods and services to be supplied to the consumer, including the technical requirements, if any, related to the use of the goods or services.

5. An itemized list of the prices at which the goods and services are to be supplied to the consumer, including taxes and shipping charges.

6. A description of each additional charge that applies or may apply, such as customs duties or brokerage fees, and the amount of the charge if the supplier can reasonably determine it.

7. The total amount that the supplier knows is payable by the consumer under the agreement, including amounts that are required to be disclosed under paragraph 6, or, if the goods and services are to be supplied during an indefinite period, the amount and frequency of periodic payments.

8. The terms and methods of payment.

9. As applicable, the date or dates on which delivery, commencement of performance, ongoing performance and completion of performance are to occur.

10. For goods and services that are to be delivered,

i. the place to which they are to be delivered, and

ii. if the supplier holds out a specific manner of delivery and will charge the consumer for delivery, the manner in which the goods and services are to be delivered, including the name of the carrier, if any, and including the method of transportation to be used.

11. For services that are to be performed, the place where they are to be performed, the person for whom they are to be performed, the supplier
May 26, 2008
252 posts
13 upvotes
British Columbia
sillysimms wrote:
Jun 20th, 2008 10:17 pm
Sorry to hear about your story (another one). I hope more people are able to see this thread before making the mistake of using this company.
I certainly wish I did. If you google bloomex the second link is about complaints. This threads a gem though! :)
Nov 23, 2007
355 posts
28 upvotes
Ive actually had a good experience with bloomex. I ordered a dozen roses for my girlfriend about 1 year ago. I ordered and paid the day before the order was to be sent out with specific instructions as to where to go, between the hours of when, and if she wasn't home to just leave the flowers there. The driver delivered them right on schedule and got there just in time as she was just about to leave for her graduation. It was a little expensive but it was worth it. I guess I was just one of the lucky ones.
Dec 27, 2007
8 posts
Ontario, Canada
Yikes. I was thinking of ordering flowers online to be delivered and I found Bloomex through Google search. Found $19.99 flowers that look lovely on the web site so thought I'd look for a coupon code. This thread came up as the first thing on Google. Thanks, I change my mind I'll keep looking.

Anyone know any cheap places that deliver flowers in Ontario?
May 26, 2008
252 posts
13 upvotes
British Columbia
zoro69 wrote:
Jul 18th, 2008 12:19 pm
New ellen post on this http://www.ellenroseman.com/?p=136

Bloomex new pr person "resolving" complaints there, doesn't make one want to order though...
They mention shoving it to online chat, I don't see how that is any different than what I went through. I just got told management will contact through email... Which was crappy and I was left with no options, I wanted a refund. Still waiting to see if the charge back will come through.

LOL I see a lot of complaints in the comments there.

They will never get business from me again, their "policies" are just too much BS for me to want to deal with again.
Apr 13, 2005
100 posts
1 upvote
Toronto/Oshawa
I searched for a discount coupon for bloomex and read this post. Now I have changed my mind. Thanks to everyone for letting us know how crappy this company is.
May 26, 2008
252 posts
13 upvotes
British Columbia
I wanted to update my story. Today I received a letter from my bank, my chargeback credit has been made permanent, so I'm finally done for good with bloomex and they didn't get my money!

+1 for Bank Of America
Deal Fanatic
Sep 30, 2003
7211 posts
600 upvotes
Just keep doing chargebacks if they can't get their act together. Eventually the CC companies will get sick of it and withdraw the merchant agreement with them, and they will no longer be able to do business online.
My nick doesn't mean I'm happy any more than yours means you're a sex machine.
May 28, 2007
743 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
Happy13178 wrote:
Aug 19th, 2008 8:12 am
Just keep doing chargebacks if they can't get their act together. Eventually the CC companies will get sick of it and withdraw the merchant agreement with them, and they will no longer be able to do business online.
+ 10000

I don't know why people even waste their time trying to call them again and again.

CHARGE BACKS will save time and guarantee your money back. It will also hit them where it hurts and they can't do anything about it.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2007
2732 posts
1 upvote
Ontario, CANADA
chargebacks are always the way to go. i also love how threads like this show up in google searches.....to bad it is not the first returned result....but we can make it happen.
May 26, 2008
252 posts
13 upvotes
British Columbia
JBlue wrote:
Aug 19th, 2008 3:05 pm
+ 10000

I don't know why people even waste their time trying to call them again and again.

CHARGE BACKS will save time and guarantee your money back. It will also hit them where it hurts and they can't do anything about it.

With my bank, they asked if I had at least attempted to resolve my issue with bloomex. I think you do at least have to try, although not excessively. In my case I used their live chat and email twice before contacting my bank. (the emails were results of the chats though). But yeah, I'm glad I took that route and got my money back. That would never have happened with bloomex "customer service".
Sep 24, 2008
1 posts
hamilton
Too bad I didn't check here before ordering from Bloomex. You can only talk to a person when placing an order, if there is a problem with your order you can email and get an automated reply or try and try the 'live chat' option.
I ordered flowers Sept 10 for a 65th birthday Sept 18 at Portage MB and they were not delivered on the day. My efforts to contact Bloomex resulted in an automated response that said my order 833489 was under investigation.
I learned that the flowers were delivered yesterday Sept 24--a week late. But there's more, the recipient, my sister-in-law had a call from a lady in Regina SK who had received half dead flowers with the correct delivery address [Portage], message and phone number, so she called to let my sister-in-law know what she should have received. There's still more--the delivery yesterday, left on the porch included the 65th birthday bouquet and ANOTHER bouquet of half dead lilies for someone at the military base a Shiloh MB, recently returned from overseas. So my sister-in-law did the work of the florist and called to let that armed forces person know the welcome home message and flowers had gone wrong.

Who's in charge? Never again for Bloomex, contact a local flower shop for sure.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 23, 2005
8255 posts
3980 upvotes
There is a HUGE thread here regarding Bloomex ... dig it up!
May 26, 2008
252 posts
13 upvotes
British Columbia
mystory wrote:
Sep 25th, 2008 10:44 am
Too bad I didn't check here before ordering from Bloomex. You can only talk to a person when placing an order, if there is a problem with your order you can email and get an automated reply or try and try the 'live chat' option.
I ordered flowers Sept 10 for a 65th birthday Sept 18 at Portage MB and they were not delivered on the day. My efforts to contact Bloomex resulted in an automated response that said my order 833489 was under investigation.
I learned that the flowers were delivered yesterday Sept 24--a week late. But there's more, the recipient, my sister-in-law had a call from a lady in Regina SK who had received half dead flowers with the correct delivery address [Portage], message and phone number, so she called to let my sister-in-law know what she should have received. There's still more--the delivery yesterday, left on the porch included the 65th birthday bouquet and ANOTHER bouquet of half dead lilies for someone at the military base a Shiloh MB, recently returned from overseas. So my sister-in-law did the work of the florist and called to let that armed forces person know the welcome home message and flowers had gone wrong.

Who's in charge? Never again for Bloomex, contact a local flower shop for sure.
Go for chargeback from your cc company