None
May 29, 2011
917 posts
134 upvotes
KANATA
sexyj wrote:
Dec 27th, 2012 1:36 pm
do some research on your own

it's people like you that keep buying, opening the box and returning the product that is driving the store's overhead up
Really? I always figured it was the store being greedy D-bags trying to saw every slice of money from my pockets as possible. That must explain the horrible customer service, bad prices, ignorant employees and the worst PM policy in the business.
Screw Canada Computers and their BS pricematch LIES!
May 30, 2006
40 posts
1 upvote
Neocodex wrote:
Dec 27th, 2012 3:30 pm
Really? I always figured it was the store being greedy D-bags trying to saw every slice of money from my pockets as possible. That must explain the horrible customer service, bad prices, ignorant employees and the worst PM policy in the business.
Although I agree with what you're saying, people should know what they're buying when buying computer parts. That dude could have saved himself a lot of hassle had he simply educated himself on what he was buying before he bought it.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 10, 2007
9155 posts
784 upvotes
so you expect every business to bend over and cater to your needs ?

i have yet to encounter any bad experience with CC because i know what im getting myself into and not blindly walking into a store which im clueless like the op

ignorant employee? more like ignorant customer
Neocodex wrote:
Dec 27th, 2012 3:30 pm
[self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already]
Dec 22, 2008
201 posts
16 upvotes
Waited in line on boxing week primarily for the Samsung 840-pro 256gb, however it was Sold-out before I got in, :-( so I decided to go with the Intel 520 240gb model. which was on sale @ $199. Today I noticed that they started there boxing week sale and I see that the Samsung 840-pro is on for $239 (more then the door crasher price, none the less still on sale), so for an extra $40 I get the better SATA controller (some reviews say) and the extra 16gb of storage space. 256gb compared to 240gb

Thoughts on what to do?

-swap it in, and spend the extra $40
-stay with the Intel, I won't notice a big difference in performance?
-I believe the Intel has a 5 year warranty, which is tough to beat not sure about the samsung.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 10, 2007
9155 posts
784 upvotes
intel have a good rep in the SSD market, I wouldnt bother with the samsung
wozman24 wrote:
Dec 28th, 2012 12:25 am
Waited in line on boxing week primarily for the Samsung 840-pro 256gb, however it was Sold-out before I got in, :-( so I decided to go with the Intel 520 240gb model. which was on sale @ $199. Today I noticed that they started there boxing week sale and I see that the Samsung 840-pro is on for $239 (more then the door crasher price, none the less still on sale), so for an extra $40 I get the better SATA controller (some reviews say) and the extra 16gb of storage space. 256gb compared to 240gb

Thoughts on what to do?

-I believe the Intel has a 5 year warranty, which is tough to beat not sure about the samsung.
[self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already]
Deal Addict
May 23, 2003
1803 posts
49 upvotes
Definitely Intel
wozman24 wrote:
Dec 28th, 2012 12:25 am

Thoughts on what to do?

KOODO $48 MB PLAN SINCE 2015
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2008
2434 posts
315 upvotes
Ottawa
premium plus wrote:
Dec 27th, 2012 1:02 pm
I agree with your first statement but, -12 not being cold? Are you trolling? Maybe YOU don't find that to be cold, but most people would. Whether it's average for this time of year or not is irrelevant. It's subjective. -12 is cold to me, and it's obviously cold to the individual you quoted as well.

Aside from that, does anyone else not find the MIRs kind of shady this year around? It doesn't say anything on the flyers about whether the deals were MIR or not. I found out at checkout that a couple of my items were not the advertised price. In my opinion the price they advertise should be the money that you are out of pocket. Feels kind of sleezy to advertise the price of an item, and that's not the actual price you end up paying. Not sure how they get away with that.

Thanks for the understanding. I mailed the MIR to US which cost me $1, maybe counld not get the $15, cause I'm gonna move in two months.
Apr 23, 2006
809 posts
34 upvotes
Markham
Fantaz wrote:
Dec 27th, 2012 2:08 am
NCIX is PM'ing CC deals online... they PM'ed the M90 mouse for $24.99 AR!
Tried just now, but it doesn't look like the NCIX's online PM is working. The page refreshes after pressing "Start price match", but the content stays the same. No new field to enter price and url.
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2012
1808 posts
181 upvotes
Picked up the last bamboo stylus in Vaughan, unfortunately the seal was broken so I suspect it was a returned item, beware of being sold open box returns as new! Check the seals and everything before you buy your expensive SSD or GPU or any other component. Just a heads up.
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2011
1211 posts
133 upvotes
Brooklin
Can anyone please post or pm me the receipt of the TV that is $699.99 in-store when bundled? Preferably PN60E530/PN60E530A3FXZC. Thanks!!
Jul 22, 2012
85 posts
7 upvotes
BURNABY
I bought a 10 GB memory with 2 GB dedicated graphic card computer for $579. The CPU was AMD though, nevertheless I still think I've got a good deal. Keep in mind that monitor wasn't included and it only came with keyboard and mouse.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2008
5814 posts
1723 upvotes
roggers wrote:
Dec 28th, 2012 11:40 am
Picked up the last bamboo stylus in Vaughan, unfortunately the seal was broken so I suspect it was a returned item, beware of being sold open box returns as new! Check the seals and everything before you buy your expensive SSD or GPU or any other component. Just a heads up.
There was a $24.99 Corsair Vengeance M90 boxing day sale mouse that was really sloppily repackaged with lots and lots of packaging tape.

Should've taken a picture. XD
Internet Movie Car Database (Contributions) - http://imcdb.org/movies.php?contrib=Soro
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2002
2617 posts
182 upvotes
Nations Capital
has anyone who order something online during the sale, get a shipping notice yet?

they usually ship within 2 days after ordering, but not this time.

Yes I know its Holiday time, but they shipped within 2 days last yr!
My Full DVD Collection is For Sale - PM me what you want!
Now Heat ENABLED :)
-----------
Who Are You? - What Do You Want? - Why Are You Here? - Where Are You Going?
Oct 29, 2012
90 posts
4 upvotes
KITCHENER
I picked up an audioengine D1 at the waterloo location today to go with my A5+ setup.

126$ taxes in due to it being an open box and the sale. Just hooked it up and wow
Mar 6, 2008
684 posts
290 upvotes
Kelowna
What benefits do you get from the D1 when coupled with your A5+'s? I've got mine just hooked up directly to my onboard sound
× < >