Expired Hot Deals

[Cineplex] Cineplex: UltraAVX Movie Pass or 1000 Scene Points (with purchase of BR/DVD)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 23rd, 2013 1:04 pm
Deal Addict
May 16, 2008
2369 posts
666 upvotes
Stay far away from the new Die Hard movie, if you can even call it that. Right up there with The Hangover III for the worst movie of the year. It doesn't even resemble a Die Hard movie, so I don't consider it part of the franchise. What a waste.
Jonathan Toews, on the disappointment of not repeating in 2011: "Mostly I was glad that Vancouver didn't win."
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2004
6348 posts
530 upvotes
Montreal, QC
The 5th one may not be a die hard but it's still an action movie with bruce in there. A good laugh and entertaining, the actions scenes are wayyy exaggerated that makes you go WTF and there are plenty eye candy
:D Space for rent :cheesygri
Feb 22, 2007
170 posts
112 upvotes
New Westminster
Received three refunds (out of six transactions) just now.

I did not contact Cineplex to request, nor did I open any disputes with Paypal or my CC.
Dec 23, 2006
188 posts
23 upvotes
slicky803 wrote:
Jun 5th, 2013 2:38 pm
Received three refunds (out of six transactions) just now.

I did not contact Cineplex to request, nor did I open any disputes with Paypal or my CC.
Refunds of duplicates?
Feb 22, 2007
170 posts
112 upvotes
New Westminster
atulb wrote:
Jun 5th, 2013 2:42 pm
Refunds of duplicates?
Yes, it would appear so. I still have about 4k points in my Scene account from this. 2k, actually, but I used 2k for Superman tix.
Oct 13, 2009
630 posts
228 upvotes
Edmonton
SUPER DUPER HIGH 5 to Mootso!
MUWHAAHAHAHAHHA

i hope we get our points...
Nov 19, 2006
292 posts
8 upvotes
Toronto
How long does it take for the scene points to be added?
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2007
2055 posts
160 upvotes
Edmonton
Not only did I not get my 2.99 points I got some 5.99 points taken away today. WTF?
Deal Addict
May 16, 2008
2369 posts
666 upvotes
No refunds here yet... Maybe they're going in reverse order though since I ordered early. They really should have contacted everyone regarding the issue prior to sending out refunds. Very poor customer service on their behalf.

They did take back more scene points from my account though WTF!
Jonathan Toews, on the disappointment of not repeating in 2011: "Mostly I was glad that Vancouver didn't win."
Jul 25, 2012
594 posts
11 upvotes
LALA LAND
placed an order this morning with a few 9.99 digital titles today, still no points added to my account yet.
Dec 21, 2012
745 posts
169 upvotes
WTF is going on? I just noticed they charged me twice for a few digitals I bought. Are monkeys operating their CS? I was nice enough to not file a dispute on Paypal just to give them time to figure out what they should do. This is total BS. Now I just want my money back and they can keep their Fing points.
Nov 19, 2006
292 posts
8 upvotes
Toronto
Detour wrote:
May 30th, 2013 6:55 pm
I ordered twice and received both times. Although I'm still waiting for my second points to update on app (already updated on cineplex)
Detour wrote:
Jun 5th, 2013 3:50 pm
WTF is going on? I just noticed they charged me twice for a few digitals I bought. Are monkeys operating their CS? I was nice enough to not file a dispute on Paypal just to give them time to figure out what they should do. This is total BS. Now I just want my money back and they can keep their Fing points.
Didn't you order twice?
Dec 21, 2012
745 posts
169 upvotes
Mootso wrote:
Jun 5th, 2013 3:58 pm
Didn't you order twice?
By twice I meant twice of each movie. At first I only bought 2 titles to see if they would honour the 1000 points. Then I placed the other 2 titles. Then saw someone saying you could order multiple times so I ordered all 4 a second time. Overall twice for each movie. They took 4k away from my scene card though. I just checked my Paypal and noticed that they charged me twice for one of the orders.
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2012
2226 posts
351 upvotes
Toronto
Received an email about paypal refund. Time to create a new scene card as my old one has a negative balance XD
¯\_(・_・)_/¯
This line is heavy..
× < >