Freebies

[Merged] Disney Movie Rewards free bonus points (updated every now and then)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 8th, 2017 8:56 am
Jun 3, 2007
475 posts
787 upvotes
https://disneymovierewards.go.com/DisneyChallenge

First Monday of November:

Multiple choice - Pick one

Who does Flynn Rider double cross?
(1) The Stabbington Brothers

What kind of animal is Fidget in The Great Mouse Detective?
(1) Bat

What were Mickey Mouse's first spoken words?
(2) Hot dogs!

Bonus Round - Pick three

Click on the members of the Rescuer Rangers
(1) Gadget
(3) Zipper
(4) Monterey Jack

Which Disney movies feature dragons?
(3) Mulan
(4) Sleeping Beauty
(6) Sword in the Stone

Click on Goofy's past love interests
(2) Dinah
(3) Fifi
(4) Tiki
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2008
2491 posts
12709 upvotes
Mississauga
DMR Trivia Game, week of Nov 20, 2017 - 5 DMR points for playing

Gepetto's goldfish:
Cleo

Phil calls Thebes in "Hercules":
The Big Olive

Helps Tony in the kitchen in "Lady & The Tramp":
Joe

Bonus Round

Sugar Rush racers:
Crumbelina
Taffyta
Jubileena

Kids from "Bedknobs & Broomsticks":
Charlie
Carrie
Paul

Cartoons featuring Daisy Duck:
"Sleepy Time Donald"
"Donald's Dilemma"
"Donald's Double"
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2007
2270 posts
66 upvotes
Haven not gotten the newletter since about May. Now I have an email that says my points will expire on the 28th of this month. So I checked out the FAQ. It says you lose points if you do not earn any for 210 straight. Huh. The have shortened the time frame. My kids are not little anymore and frankly I am thinking of just not bothering anymore.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2003
4767 posts
628 upvotes
Toronto
Angela V wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2017 5:21 pm
Haven not gotten the newletter since about May. Now I have an email that says my points will expire on the 28th of this month. So I checked out the FAQ. It says you lose points if you do not earn any for 210 straight. Huh. The have shortened the time frame. My kids are not little anymore and frankly I am thinking of just not bothering anymore.
Do you have 1100 points? You can redeem a Starbucks Gift Card
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2007
2270 posts
66 upvotes
ricedion wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2017 6:16 pm
Do you have 1100 points? You can redeem a Starbucks Gift Card
No.I have a measly 150 pts. I thought I had more when I put a code in last spring. Figured I must have redeemed points and forgot. Now I'm thinking this change came without me realizing it.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2003
4767 posts
628 upvotes
Toronto
Angela V wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2017 7:05 pm
No.I have a measly 150 pts. I thought I had more when I put a code in last spring. Figured I must have redeemed points and forgot. Now I'm thinking this change came without me realizing it.
OH, then just stop collecting I guess. I also no longer receive the newsletter, but I have a few DVD codes to enter, but thanks for your post, now I will try to remember to redeem these codes every 210 days or so
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2004
2324 posts
255 upvotes
Will DMR be continuing with their 25 days of Christmas promotion? Typically 5 points per day in December?
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2008
2491 posts
12709 upvotes
Mississauga
DMR Trivia Game for week of Dec 4, 2017
-- 5 DMR points for playing --

Prince Eric's caretaker:
Grimsby

Tag on Mad Hatter's hat:
10/6

Bruno turns into in "Cinderella":
A footman

Bonus Round

Disney movies set in the U.S.:
The Princess and the Frog
Dumbo
Lilo and Stitch

Members of Pocahontas' tribe:
Nakoma
Kekata
Kocoum

Rides at opening of Disneyland in 1955:
Jungle Cruise
Mad Tea Party
Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
Jun 3, 2007
475 posts
787 upvotes
Tilter wrote:
Nov 30th, 2017 10:46 pm
Will DMR be continuing with their 25 days of Christmas promotion? Typically 5 points per day in December?
Short answer: no.
Saw this response to the same question posed on their FB page.

"Happy Holidays! This year we are offering the Disney Movie Rewards Olaf's Frozen Adventure Sweepstakes. The Grand prize is a 5-day, 4-night Aulani Resort Vacation Package. Enter for a chance to win! http://di.sn/6188DDaOu"
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2007
1810 posts
1436 upvotes
Calgary
Man, DMR is just getting worse with every passing year.
Deal Guru
Dec 26, 2010
14351 posts
3169 upvotes
I gave up on them while trying to find winners lists for their 50th anniversary contests last year. Found 2 winners, both from California and that was it. Never heard of anyone from Canada ever winning a major prize from them. They seem to be in the same category as the U.S. magazine contests...if you can win, it would be a tremendous fluke. I tried winning a major prize in U.S. contests for over 45 years and came up empty. YMMV...
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2014
1367 posts
568 upvotes
Newton Brook, ON
DougO wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 7:56 pm
I gave up on them while trying to find winners lists for their 50th anniversary contests last year. Found 2 winners, both from California and that was it. Never heard of anyone from Canada ever winning a major prize from them. They seem to be in the same category as the U.S. magazine contests...if you can win, it would be a tremendous fluke. I tried winning a major prize in U.S. contests for over 45 years and came up empty. YMMV...
Of course. California is the most populous state and greater than the population of all of Canada combined. And US contests will naturally be less popular among Canadians.

It's a fluke for anyone to win. The odds of the winner being Canadian are low, but that doesn't mean you have a disadvantage or a random Californian has an advantage. It's unlikely for a winner from, say, Maine to be announced too. They and us represent a smaller portion of the contestants.
You need someone with an umbrella not a fork
Deal Guru
Dec 26, 2010
14351 posts
3169 upvotes
nmclean wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 8:24 am
Of course. California is the most populous state and greater than the population of all of Canada combined. And US contests will naturally be less popular among Canadians.

It's a fluke for anyone to win. The odds of the winner being Canadian are low, but that doesn't mean you have a disadvantage or a random Californian has an advantage. It's unlikely for a winner from, say, Maine to be announced too. They and us represent a smaller portion of the contestants.
Ah, but they are still from the US. I noticed that in the first part of the 50th Anniversary contest you could enter if you were from Puerto Rico but the 2nd half you could not. I had heard that advertisers sometimes don't want winners from other countries for various reasons. This is why outfits like Publisher's Clearing House ended up splitting the contests by country as the idea was that US citizens didn't like to see winners from other countries and this would dilute their revenue as people wouldn't enter. That could be a fallacy but that was what I had heard long ago as was the software that can be used to forget places where people might enter from. Of the latter, I hope it isn't so but you can never tell since the people running these things would never let you know anyway...
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2014
1367 posts
568 upvotes
Newton Brook, ON
DougO wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 11:28 pm
Ah, but they are still from the US. I noticed that in the first part of the 50th Anniversary contest you could enter if you were from Puerto Rico but the 2nd half you could not. I had heard that advertisers sometimes don't want winners from other countries for various reasons. This is why outfits like Publisher's Clearing House ended up splitting the contests by country as the idea was that US citizens didn't like to see winners from other countries and this would dilute their revenue as people wouldn't enter. That could be a fallacy but that was what I had heard long ago as was the software that can be used to forget places where people might enter from. Of the latter, I hope it isn't so but you can never tell since the people running these things would never let you know anyway...
Well, they are required to disclose odds. If odds depend on two factors (number of entries and country) and they only mention one (which they do) then I'm sure this would be breaking a law in the US. Maybe Disney thinks pleasing advertisers is worth the risk of illegally lying to an entire country (minus Quebec Winking Face), or maybe it's natural probability. Both theories can explain the results as well as each other, but I tend to believe the second one, being the most... well... probable.
You need someone with an umbrella not a fork